Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fencer

Reno @my Simei 4a Resale Flat

Usually no ... cos the window company is the sub-contractor of the main contractor ...

The main contractor doesnt mind if the owner co-ordinates himself directly ... saves him time and scheduling problems but can collect referral fee from sub-contractor ;)

Wow.. earn $$ and save effort.. Ha..

ok lah.. i would arrange so things can move.. since i be coordinating, i'll be collecting part of the referral fee myself.. :P

small issue right bro? now is not the time for what is right or wrong but what can be done a.s.a.p so you can go on with your life without anymore stumbling blocks

Agree, fencer, u need to go on with your life by solving it asap. :yamseng:

Yup.. I'll be arranging to meet up the with the supervisor loh.. bo bian.. :D

but weekdays cannot coz they cannot come after my office hrs so left only sat..

but next 2 sat i be out from morning til late aftern.. see wic 1 can arranging for later aftern.. no then is 3rd sat loh..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hmm.. i shower and try other taps also no hv leh.. only the kitchen 1 have this sound..

try changing your tap and see. could be your tap faulty.

Msg from Henry @6.22pm today.

"Final notice !

Legal action will commance by 30/6/2010.

thks."

Let's see if we can settle this peacefully, without the use of letter of demand..

My email to him @11.12pm today...

Sorry for the missed calls. I have been very bz since coming back from oversea trip.

At this point, I think it is important for us to have a common understanding.

I understand you want the remaining payment for the renovation.

And I would be more then willing to give u the remaining payment and also ignore the faults listed below:

1) Missing grouching in parts of living, dining area and common toilet.

2) Un-levelled tiling at Guest room 1 and 2, kitchen.

3) Un-even/raised tile **** room.

4) Loose handle of window in kitchen.

5) Cracked tile in common toilet.

6) Dented, scratched Main Door.

7) Scratched cabinet doors at kitchen.

The above mentioned are ignored ONLY on the condition that the Master bedroom window frame and grill must be replaced and make good, with arrangement done by you and replacement is supervised by you as well.

I believe it would be good for both of us to settle the matter as soon as possible.

try changing your tap and see. could be your tap faulty.

me no spare tap to try changed leh.. but i tried jaskel's method to take the head out and let water run.. now ok liao.. but dun know got put back correctly or not.. :P

Hmm ... How come he always threaten with legal action so many times one ?

Msg from Henry @6.22pm today.

"Final notice !

Legal action will commance by 30/6/2010.

thks."

Cooled down to write the email after cold bath.. Haiz... zz

Not bad.. U managed to cool down a lot to be able to write him such a civilised and detailed e-mail.. :D

Truly hope yr probs with him can resolve quickly.. ;)

Hmm ... How come he always threaten with legal action so many times one ?

Ehh... high likely he knows he got more capital to fight a legal case? He can sell company off for funds and set up another while i can be declared bankrupt only?

Anyway is so tiring to be threathened so many times.. hope this settles asap.. :yamseng:

Not bad.. U managed to cool down a lot to be able to write him such a civilised and detailed e-mail.. :D

Truly hope yr probs with him can resolve quickly.. ;)

Yah loh.. is my 7th draft liao.. slpt late just to draft a nice nice one.. sigh.. writing email is not my forte..

Hope so also loh.. :unsure:

Good News!..

Henry called me abt 30 mins ago to arrange for replacement of window frame and grill! :dancingqueen:

He mentioned about HDB calling the windows installer company to make good the window.. but wic ever the case.. i'm glad the episode is closing.. :)

All Thanks to everyone who had helped out in 1 way or another!.. :D:good:

For my part, once replaced sui sui... I will pay him the remaining payment and 4get abt all other problems including the cracked tile, no question asked.. :D

Only hope the place dun get too dirty and nothing is damaged in the replacement... esp the aircon compressor wic is so close to the window.

Hope i can strike Toto also... :P

Edited by fencer

Let's see if we can settle this peacefully, without the use of letter of demand..

My email to him @11.12pm today...

Sorry for the missed calls. I have been very bz since coming back from oversea trip.

At this point, I think it is important for us to have a common understanding.

I understand you want the remaining payment for the renovation.

And I would be more then willing to give u the remaining payment and also ignore the faults listed below:

1) Missing grouching in parts of living, dining area and common toilet.

2) Un-levelled tiling at Guest room 1 and 2, kitchen.

3) Un-even/raised tile **** room.

4) Loose handle of window in kitchen.

5) Cracked tile in common toilet.

6) Dented, scratched Main Door.

7) Scratched cabinet doors at kitchen.

The above mentioned are ignored ONLY on the condition that the Master bedroom window frame and grill must be replaced and make good, with arrangement done by you and replacement is supervised by you as well.

I believe it would be good for both of us to settle the matter as soon as possible.

What you're asking for (MBR window frame and grill) can be resolved easily, the sub-con will earn less though. The kitchen doors can be easily made good, but carpenter will earn less. The loose handle of window in kitchen can be replaced easily by the window subcon. Main door very pricey to make good, maybe can use wood filling and paint over. Re-grouting can be easily done. Cracked tile can be replaced in about 1 hour if your tiler is skilled. If you have spare tiles or know the tile model number, can be done easily. The un-level tiling, if make good, will cause the contractor to lose money because you need to hack and retile.

Edited by ossify

What you're asking for (MBR window frame and grill) can be resolved easily, the sub-con will earn less though. The kitchen doors can be easily made good, but carpenter will earn less. The loose handle of window in kitchen can be replaced easily by the window subcon. Main door very pricey to make good, maybe can use wood filling and paint over. Re-grouting can be easily done. Cracked tile can be replaced in about 1 hour if your tiler is skilled. If you have spare tiles or know the tile model number, can be done easily. The un-level tiling, if make good, will cause the contractor to lose money because you need to hack and retile.

Thanks for the advice.. :D

MBR window and grill are finally going to be replaced though.

For the rest.. no matter how easy it can be done, Henry would have an excuse for it.. So now end up he dun need to do anything loh.. bo bian.. :dunno:

I'll try my hand at DIY for the grouting 1st..

Any idea what to use to "polish" the glossy surface of the cabinet doors to make it less obvious? :P

The handle stil became loose after a while even after tighening.. so see how loh..

Thanks for the advice.. :D

MBR window and grill are finally going to be replaced though.

For the rest.. no matter how easy it can be done, Henry would have an excuse for it.. So now end up he dun need to do anything loh.. bo bian.. :dunno:

I'll try my hand at DIY for the grouting 1st..

Any idea what to use to "polish" the glossy surface of the cabinet doors to make it less obvious? :P

The handle stil became loose after a while even after tighening.. so see how loh..

Heard abt yr cabinet doors scratches issue.. And heard that it was really bad.. :bangwall: Hope mine will not turn out in tat manner, wif jaskel around.. ;) We choose glossy laminates lorz.. :P

Abt yr un-even raised tiles, I think the only way is actually to re-do tat part.. If not, think may have to bear with it le.. :unsure: