Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Anarchy

Only Interior Design Nothing Else

Hi January,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Very busy lately.

For mine experience, I didn't go around doing ID hunting much. I shortlisted a maximum of 3 IDs, as what i always do in my course of work, 3 quotes and I don't enjoy asking for more as it is extremely confusing and irritating to repeat myself every time.

My wife prefer ID firm (3D drawing so can visualize), i prefer a contractor (no 3D drawing) as what most people's impression that it is cheaper and friends who done their renovation (word of mouth)

So to give everyone a chance and make both of us happy, I research and narrow down to 1 ID (source by myself), 1 ID (recommendation by my wife's friend), 2 contractors (found in renotalk forum).

We met up with 4 of them, exchange of emails discussing our requirement which I tabulated with every fine detail of what is our expectation.

To award the contract to the right vendor, I base on the following in priority level.

1) During initial meet up, how prepared and how attentive is he paying to our requirement. Do take note that all information given to ID/Contractor is at least 3 weeks before meet up.

2) Is he man of his words? If an ID/contractors promise something, he should be delivering it within the timeline he set for himself. I don't enjoy asking for it after the timeline he set for himself.

3) How comfortable are we with him? We will be working as a team for the next couple of months. Emotionally, give and take attitude, must somehow have a chemistry.

4) Price. Quotation must include most of the things during the initial meet up so we can have an idea how much will it cost. Not a initial quote that miss out most of the items and we will have to fill in the blank.

5) Is the ID/contractor overloaded and still taking in projects? Very often, ID/contractors work 7 days a week. We are human, we have family. i will make it a point to check with the ID/contractor his time management with his family. I'm looking for an ID who will at least give a day of their time to their own family. Normally is a Sunday where they don't work nor pick up their phone unless emergency.

Thats it for my input for selecting of an ID.

Edited by Dr.Anarchy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
got a wonderful firm whom charged me only for design fees.

need info PM me ;)

outraged, how much did your ID charge you?

I also found one ID and I like him alot cos he and his colleague gave good ideas during our first meeting. abit tight budget so might consider using contractors.

still thinking la, because maybe no time to coordinate everything on our own.

Hi guys, i posted this in another thread and i thought i could share it with you all. i have a close friend who is a freelance interior designer. By profession, he designs hotels and resorts. Fret not, I do not get any commission from him whatsoever. I'm just a friend helping his talented friend express himself, PM me if anyone is interested.