Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xiaomau

128 Huat Ah!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Post your number as soon as u buy it and pm me too.

Who knows i will buy same number with yours :P

clementi & xiaomau...i buy the numbeer lioa...huat ah..keke

hello all..

any updates on any 4d luck here?

im always not lucky in this kind of things...

-------------------------------------------------

updates-

the 'closing' date for the quotes liao.. basically now, stil have some things to reconfirm with Edmund from DX and will shortlist already.....

likely ...85% will be edmund... although jason from freshlook is also quite good...

hopefully.... i can get my dream 'look' with my 'dream' budget... sigh...

i have gone to furniture mall, ikea, courts to look for furniture... seems like.. those really nice ones are quite expensive...ironic... cos i just want very simple stuff.. dunno why simple stuff so expensive....

and sofa i dun wan full leather.. want pvc (against usin animal skin)... also so expensive.. weird....

--------------------------------------------

anyone have any suggestions anywhere else got alot of furniture to see?

also.... is it better to buy washing machine from courts or those retailers? but retailers cannot be 0% instalment right?

i knw alot of good lobang from t-blogs... but.. so much info... that my small brain really cluttered.... must make it a point to copy down.....trying to post my hse pics and dream look soon.... :)

some pictures of my current 128

abit messy cos it was taken when the owner was still around

the kitchen

DSC05392-1.jpg

the passageway of the living room

DSC05379.jpg

the living room and dining room

DSC05381.jpg

wow, if u also sign with Edmund then he will hv 2 sengkang flats to reno abt the same time wor!! :D

ur flat looks pretty much move in condition. for me also some "dream" items have to forgo cos got to prioritize my budget.

Edited by samgalz

finally back for awhile.

the house has taken too long to be completed.

things just wasnt as smooth as expected.will be posting the journey when im done with all the rubbish.

edited- sorting things out at the moment with contractor keeping fingers crossed**

Edited by xiaomau

128's floorplan.... the bedroom 1 and master bedroom has alr been hacked and the entrance to the room is at bedroom 1...

NewImage.jpg

WOW your lay-out is 'almost' similar to mine :). Where is this place? Sengkang?

yea sengkang

--- adding on to my previous post---------

contractor and me have spoken

and he mentioned that i have been unfair to him to post the painting comments .

too tire to say the whole thing.

all i can say is. im unlucky to choose white colour as the new colour and thus he can use the maxilite

if i have choosen purple for my walls he will have no choice but to buy proper paint for my rooms and all problems will be solved.

i think my fault is choosing white lor.

initially we chose creamy white and he has painted the 1st coat of colour

and it was too yellowish. so i told him to change and he told me to pay for the labour fee.

but my bf told him his bath tub has made too high for us and we also didnt complain..

so contractor say ok just give n take each person.. he wil change the paint colour for us.

1 evening i asked him what paint is he gg to use...

and he told me white paint only 1 type unless i want those high class type.. which r expensive.

so i told him of course not la.. to be reasonable..

so he told me if its not those wash n wear or special kind then white paint only 1 type.

so i ok..

and so... it starts like that.

if only i have known the maxilite will fade with wet cloth.. i think.. at least i would have top up.

and now i have to waste more time and more money to get the job done correctly.

maybe not his fault.

its my fault. my fault for choosing white and just trusting contractor advise too much,

the reno is getting so turn off.

im intending to just settle him and then the rest of painting, and also a tile chipped off (by dunno which worker tat throw things in the kitchen area, end up those things sort of chip off a tile), i rather get someone else to do it.

Edited by xiaomau

yea sengkang

--- adding on to my previous post---------

contractor and me have spoken

and he mentioned that i have been unfair to him to post the painting comments .

too tire to say the whole thing.

all i can say is. im unlucky to choose white colour as the new colour and thus he can use the maxilite

if i have choosen purple for my walls he will have no choice but to buy proper paint for my rooms and all problems will be solved.

i think my fault is choosing white lor.

initially we chose creamy white and he has painted the 1st coat of colour

and it was too yellowish. so i told him to change and he told me to pay for the labour fee.

but my bf told him his bath tub has made too high for us and we also didnt complain..

so contractor say ok just give n take each person.. he wil change the paint colour for us.

1 evening i asked him what paint is he gg to use...

and he told me white paint only 1 type unless i want those high class type.. which r expensive.

so i told him of course not la.. to be reasonable..

so he told me if its not those wash n wear or special kind then white paint only 1 type.

so i ok..

and so... it starts like that.

if only i have known the maxilite will fade with wet cloth.. i think.. at least i would have top up.

and now i have to waste more time and more money to get the job done correctly.

maybe not his fault.

its my fault. my fault for choosing white and just trusting contractor advise too much,

the reno is getting so turn off.

im intending to just settle him and then the rest of painting, and also a tile chipped off (by dunno which worker tat throw things in the kitchen area, end up those things sort of chip off a tile), i rather get someone else to do it.

Hi.. Sorry to heard all that.. hope everything will work out fine for u..

Hi I'm sorry to hear this.

I started on beginning June and HO approx 2 months later. We have moved in close to 1 month. My reno process was very smooth & on time with Edmund so I'm not sure what went wrong betweent the 2 of you. probably some case of miscommunication. U two shd sit down and talk things through cos so far Edmund has been very responsible for my reno. So far response from some of the others in the midst of reno also having pretty good comments. It could also be ur carpenter giving him problem which u do not know so talk it out. It's better.

my paints I specifically requested for wash n wear or equivalent so he has included in the painting quote. so far my paints ok leh, I wiped it before liao, no problems like what you have mentioned. I had a crack tile cos of his workers accidentally drop something hard and heavy and the tiler changed it for me.

As I had said, talk with him....

Edited by samgalz

Hi Xiaomau,

I have asked Edmund after seeing your post. He has given me some insight on his side of the story. I do not wish to elaborate nor do I want to point out who's at fault. This happened before when someone stood up for their contractor and all parties end up being very unhappy. I do not wish to go into that. (No offence to any one!!!!) Both me and hubby had a great time working with him and we have already viewed him as a friend. Whenever we called him for rectifications on some things, however minor it is, he is still willing to do it for us even though reno has ended. Currently he is doing up our friend's house which is also in sengkang. No negative feedback from them yet...

All I can say is, I understand for all house owners the ultimate objective is to get a swee swee reno within our budget. But in addition, I can also understand from Edmund's viewpoint that he still has a business to run. Sometimes both parties need to give n take.

I would still suggest that you sit down and talk it out calmly with him..ultimately I think both ur objective is to finish this reno swee swee and move on. It will still be better if the problem can be solved between u and him without us 3rd party coming into the picture. It will do him no good if he mess up your reno, this point he knows from the start as he is someone who value quality. Ask the rest of the RT ppl who is or who was doing reno with him. From my experience working with him on my reno, Edmund is someone who is reasonable and is open to discussions anytime. however, u must keep in mind that u also need to be reasonable and fair to him.

I hope u do not see me as defending him. I am only stating facts and looking at both sides' standpoint. I hope for a WIN-WIN situation for u both.

Cheers!

Edited by samgalz

hi samgalz,

yea we r in the midst of sorting things

just that im too busy to cme in here to update or edit.

im sneakin out to do this

cos my bf keeps telling me to take it out.

so update later.

kepping fingers crossed.

im not saying he is all bad... but.. its just...

well.