Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reuben82

Our Dream House @ Jurong West

Do less carpentry, you can always do the carpentry next time :D

I do agree, Just do the flooring and the painting for the other 2 bed rooms initally. After moving in and saving up some money, you can add more carpentry items in your wish list. Anyway the room dynamics and how you use the space will change after you have moved in. Then you can really know if you still require those carpentry items. Also, some items are cheaper if you buy off the shops too.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I agreed with ngunadi. U can c I nv do any tv console, shoe cabinet, study table or wardrobe for another 2 room. B'cos I not really need it now so wait for next time just do or buy.

The things that you SHOULD do in reno:

- Toilets

- Electrical

- Aircon

- Any hacking works

- Painting

- Flooring (kitchen flooring would be tricky)

Because if you do the above in later stages, the impact would be too much.

The rest of items can always wait, these include:

- Kitchen cabinets

- Window Grill

- Doors

- Pendant light

- The other carpentry works

yeah agree, ur l-shaped bookshelf is not really a must to do built in...should you need to convert the rm in future, it will be a hassle. for me, i do my study with an idea in mind that i will need converting it in future.

if all built in also u risk cramping up ur spaces, at least after reno, buy ready-made ones and find something nice, solid, cheap and fitting with ur reno. in that way, u can choose something within ur requirement and within ur budget. Bookshelves then to bend if ur books are heavy, over time, at least in my case so i like removable shelves or ready made ones so that when that situation comes up, i can get it replaced easily.

Thank you very much on all the advices being given.

I do agree that carpentry work can do it in the later stage. Asking the ID to quote me now is that want to get an idea how much it is going to cost me. If end of the day, it's not that expensive and within my budget, of course I will grab it. Else, my study room definitely will be empty and maybe grab some simple furniture from IFM or Ikea to store my books and a table for my computer. Anyway, the carpentry that I die die must do is the Kitchen Cabinet. Others than that, should be no issue.

The thing that holding me back not to do carpentry in my study room is in future, when I'm going to sell this unit, too much carpentry inside the study room might cause headache to the new buyer. Not everyone like to have such a big room being wasted and designed into study room i guess....

Yesterday night, I got a super pleasant discussion with Darren from Plush Living. I must admit he got his own way to get the things done properly and so far, he is the best ID I met in terms of experience. And of course, the quotation pricing also on the high side but we will see how it is later on. Add on thing....he is super handsome and freaking tall! I thought I'm quite tall (~185cm), but after standing side by side with him, I looks like a small chicken! hahahaha.....I think he got at least 200cm height!

I'm quite tall (~185cm), but after standing side by side with him, I looks like a small chicken! hahahaha.....I think he got at least 200cm height!

wah .... with 176cm I think i will be chicken if i stand beside u too ....

hmmm .... if i will to stand beside him ....

ok...now we are discussing height issue here.....hahahaha....

OK. Another weekend is coming! Guess going to do some window shopping on fridge, washing machine and air-cond. Any good place to intro for me to go shop around?

OK. Another weekend is coming! Guess going to do some window shopping on fridge, washing machine and air-cond. Any good place to intro for me to go shop around?

audio house.

Step 1 , go court / harvey norman / best etc etc look for the model u like

Step 2 call goh ar bee / everjoint and ask them to quote u (cheaper) stop here if u willing to pay by cash. Proceed to step 3 if you want to use credit card installment (with additional 4% surcharge)

Step 3 go back Harvey Norman Millennia walk (branch) and go to the model u want. Ask them to match the price u had collected from step 2 (usually they will match). Told them u want to use CC installment plan . They will charge u a 4% more.

Happy shopping

You can try

Clementi Electronic - 6777 0051

www.cec.com.sg (Its at clementi)

PS: Got my washing machine there

Woodlands Domestic Electrical Pte Ltd (Sony Square)

#01-260 Blk 727 Clementi W St 2

6778-8980

PS: Got my fridge there

Aircon ah... I did not buy cause ex-owner one is just install one than they sold the flat to us.

Once you got a model no. just call the shop and ask for the price :) store the no. in your hp so you can call they anytime. We went to Best Diakin to see the unit than call these shop for the price :D