Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reuben82

Our Dream House @ Jurong West

hey reuben,

your wife s'porean? if yes, can take HDB loan and reno loan already ma. my hubby PR also leh. then the house first owner is me, 2nd is my hubby lor.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
huh?....I still can see it leh. I think the others could as well since they had commented on it..........

u try at home, if still cannot, let him know and I will email itl....:)

Can see it already..no worry..all good.

hey reuben,

your wife s'porean? if yes, can take HDB loan and reno loan already ma. my hubby PR also leh. then the house first owner is me, 2nd is my hubby lor.

Both of us are PR holder...hehehe...Anyway, thankz for the info!

Yesterday meetup with Plush Living is very very very fruitful!!! I will say 90% going to sign up with them!!! hahahahaha....

We talked alot, drilled into the quotation, parts, design, ceiling works......And he told me the next meetup, he will bring us select tiles first before we even signup with them! Impressive! hahahaha....He is saying the tiles usually cost the most and if we can select first, he can quote correctly into it and end of the day, you won't have surprise on final

The problem right now is my wife got another friend (who is the boss of Flying Ideas ID). She still hold back with Plush Living as she wanted to see what her friend can offer her. To her, she prefer to go with her friend rather than use the ID which we don't really know who he is (Plush Living). Anyway, we will see how.

I want to finalize my ID before 31/5......Want to end my nightmare ASAP!!

Yesterday meetup with Plush Living is very very very fruitful!!! I will say 90% going to sign up with them!!! hahahahaha....

We talked alot, drilled into the quotation, parts, design, ceiling works......And he told me the next meetup, he will bring us select tiles first before we even signup with them! Impressive! hahahaha....He is saying the tiles usually cost the most and if we can select first, he can quote correctly into it and end of the day, you won't have surprise on final

The problem right now is my wife got another friend (who is the boss of Flying Ideas ID). She still hold back with Plush Living as she wanted to see what her friend can offer her. To her, she prefer to go with her friend rather than use the ID which we don't really know who he is (Plush Living). Anyway, we will see how.

I want to finalize my ID before 31/5......Want to end my nightmare ASAP!!

haha can see that you like Plush Living a lot ;)

not sure about you but imho, will avoid dealing with friends cos you will feel very paiseh to push them during the course of renovation work... my $0.02 :)

yeah reuben. i agree with marshmallow. never mix business with friendship. We had bad experience before now guai liao. someone u dunno can scold them and make sure they give u quality. friends ah....got to give face or risk jepodizing the relationship. whatever they charge u extra, u cannot really complain.

dun lah....since u like plush and i think it's within ur budget then ok lah...go with plush. :D

wahlao...got friend as ID boss still go look for so many IDs..... 8|

lol...IMHO

Friend u know u can trust (bosom friend).............go 4 it

Friend u think u can trust....................................siam

Friend friend only...............................................siam

lol

wahlao...got friend as ID boss still go look for so many IDs..... 8|

lol...IMHO

Friend u know u can trust (bosom friend).............go 4 it

Friend u think u can trust....................................siam

Friend friend only...............................................siam

lol

How about bosom friend's brother/father/sister who you know but not that close leh?

How about bosom friend's brother/father/sister who you know but not that close leh?

lol...if bosom friend's bro/dad/sis also bosom friend, same same........

if only bosom with the friend...IMHO...siam.....

dont ask me bosom friend's son/daughter or!!!.....lol

lol...if bosom friend's bro/dad/sis also bosom friend, same same........

if only bosom with the friend...IMHO...siam.....

dont ask me bosom friend's son/daughter or!!!.....lol

Man! how u know i going to ask you more weird relations questions. No fun lah like tat. :bleah:

My hubby wants to get his buddy(whom i know pretty well also lah) bro (old school contractor) who did his parent's 3rm to do our new place. My hubby feels that it should be cheaper but i dun seem to agree.. :unsure:

lol..sry sry......if Nino is not missing, he will ask how about bosom cat's owner......:)

Edited by wcseow

Lol...actually, that's what I'm saying as well. Get a friend to do reno, well, you can't scold, alot of things you need to close 1 eye open 1 eye....moreover, she is my wife student parent....even more headache!!! lol....The problem is they really make their house very nice. So, my wife can't resist to ask them to give a quote. Sigh...see how the things move on...

Anyway, this saturday already make an appointment with CLC to meetup with them inside their office. Going to drill them as well. lol....I think I'm not going to meetup with Ideal House anymore. Reason, that designer that I engaged is nice and experienced, but he is not the boss....lol....I prefer negotiate with boss level as a lot of things they can make decision fast and instantly tell you. They know exactly where is their budget and how much they can reduce for you. This is the benefit.

So, conclusion....Plush, CLC or my wife's friend. lol.....Saturday CLC, next tuesday friend...

BTW, this few days I'm quite free. Anyone got recommendation for me to go see see look look? Plan to visit some furniture mall to do some window shopping...especially on the Sofa, dining table and bedframe. Any good places?

One more thing, for the cinema sound system thing, where should I go again ak? Got address or any sales person to recommend (I think wcseow can answer me this...hehehehe).

BTW, this few days I'm quite free. Anyone got recommendation for me to go see see look look? Plan to visit some furniture mall to do some window shopping...especially on the Sofa, dining table and bedframe. Any good places?

sungei kadut?

There got IFC , novena, nova , White furniture , star furniture ... etc etc

One more thing, for the cinema sound system thing, where should I go again ak? Got address or any sales person to recommend (I think wcseow can answer me this...hehehehe).

you can try KEC at adelphi, if you like to tok to boss level, look for clarence...haha, otherwise can look for alan or dennis...fyi, they just open a new showroom at level 4, go listen and your budget may change after tat.... :D

Thank you! Will go ask him/her on this.

Thank you for the advice! Shower kerb FOC. Good! Yeah, the paint brand i never hear before. Definitely need to change that.

I did ask for electrical rewiring. I think he forget to quote me. The cabinets price is too cheap? I haven't make the comparison. Maybe need to ask more when come into details with him later.

Did notice the solid top pricing. I think I will take everyone advice either go for granite or the LG SGD100 psft type. lol....

And for the paint, 100% going for either dulux or nippon!

This is the main point. Post quotation, gather advises, :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: back the ID! hahahaha....Good thing about RT! :)

And hopefully, other newbies (like me) can have some reference on the Quotation as I didn't see much people posting quotation here. Mostly starting their blog after decided which ID to go for etc. I am way too kiasu.....lol..

Hi All,

I've met up with Plush Living Darren, got the quote from him and he even provided me the 2D dwgs.. Was impress by his expertise. I wanted to appt him as my ID but I've after reading the contract terms, i dun like it.... So now having a big headache if i still want to sign up with him now. I've gaven some comments back to him regarding the unfriendly contract but he had yet get back to me... sure see how it goes...

I would like to seek advice from people who had their house done up by Plush Living. All comments and advice are welcome..

Cheers