Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I just got my 4s HDB flat. Looking for a reno to do up the house. Budet about 28k ba.

ANyone has anyone to intro? Any ID/reno here can email me at ezeyuan77@hotmail.com to discuss also.

I hope to start work in May and end by June.

Thank you thank you :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i buy my new house 4rm and want to do renovation. my budget $15k only. can do the whole house or not. can give me id or contractor number that can do my renovation.very urgents because i wanted to go in the house early.thank you

Actually even if you have budget 28k or even 15k, it does not matter much if you have not specify the scope of your reno.

1. Which area you want to reno (eq. toilet, kitchen, bedroom, livingroom)?

2. Any tiling job need to be done?

3. Any carpentry work like kitchen cabinet, tv console, study table, bookshelf, etc.?

4. Any changes on the electric switch or point? Any changes on the lightings?

5. Any changes on the main door/bedroom door?

6. Any changes on windows?

7. Do you need to paint the house?

15k is abit tight for the whole hse...

u def hv to forgo carpentry like wardrobes for the room, feature walls, plastering and new aircon.

to cut some cost, u can try separate contractors (if u hv the time - eg. source your own doors, laminate for the rooms etc)

else u can opt for lesser tiles in the house (eg. laminate for rooms instead of homo tiles, cement screed kitchen walls and paint with wash n wear paint). that shd shave some costs off ur reno.

I just got my 4s HDB flat. Looking for a reno to do up the house. Budet about 28k ba.

ANyone has anyone to intro? Any ID/reno here can email me at ezeyuan77@hotmail.com to discuss also.

I hope to start work in May and end by June.

Thank you thank you :)

28k is possible . but depend on what u want to do .

Mine close to 24k (including the WIW by closet) if not 2 toilet + 1 kitchen + floor tile + laminated wood at room all ard 21k nia :)

hi khan, i am close to signing with an ID, looked around with a tight budget, but in the end may settle with one that exceeds by a little but gives me a sense that everything will run smooth.

let me know if you need more contacts of IDs.. cheers! :)

wise choice, because if its hassle free, its quite priceless.

take note that you need to allocate monies for lights and toilet accessories which are not included in the quotes

yup yup! thanks for tha advice zhiz! i have allocated a sum for light fittings, sanitary ware, furnitures, appliances, and what necessary to bring my place to liveable! :)

id may bring you to their preferred shops for the above and depending on which is more convenient for you, you may or may not wish to buy from those shop.

for convenience and coordination purpose, i got sanitary wares, kitchen stuff and downlights and air con thru my id. the rest i got them elsewhere cos it will be cheaper and i can coordinate myself.

Thank You everyone for your sincere opinions and suggestions :)

For my 28k budget, basically i have to re-do the whole flat altogether. Pretty run-down :P

It's a 4s HDB flat , floor area abt 84 meter sq. The followings are what i am looking at:

1. overhaul both common and master room toilets.

2. overhaul kitchen flooring and cabinets

3. Flooring for living room and all rooms (i m ok with either homogenous or overlay with laminate/veneer)

4. Build-in cabinet for master bedroom

5. Change new windows and grilles for all.

6. Custom made shoe cabinets.

7. Re-wiring

8. Painting

Its about so. I used 28k as budget because i received quotations that varies a few k above and below it(which is pretty amazing).

I m not sure if it even require any designing since the house area is pretty small. Just need something decent and reliable. Still have to set aside a sum

for accessories, furniture and appliances. So far U-home promotional look impressive to me with its packages which is slightly over 30k although they throw in free system 3 air con and toilet accessories. But i would like to keep my options open. Maybe get another 2 or 3 quotations to compare :)

Anyway, i like to thank all the non-service providers for taking time and effort to message me your recommendations

Thank You :)

For my 28k budget, basically i have to re-do the whole flat altogether. Pretty run-down :P

It's a 4s HDB flat , floor area abt 84 meter sq. The followings are what i am looking at:

3. Flooring for living room and all rooms (i m ok with either homogenous or overlay with laminate/veneer)

7. Re-wiring

8. Painting

Its about so. I used 28k as budget because i received quotations that varies a few k above and below it(which is pretty amazing).

I m not sure if it even require any designing since the house area is pretty small. Just need something decent and reliable. Still have to set aside a sum

for accessories, furniture and appliances. So far U-home promotional look impressive to me with its packages which is slightly over 30k although they throw in free system 3 air con and toilet accessories. But i would like to keep my options open. Maybe get another 2 or 3 quotations to compare :)

Anyway, i like to thank all the non-service providers for taking time and effort to message me your recommendations

my 4 room 104 sq metre. i spend around 30k

25k for hacking whole place, tile the whole place, do toilet, kitchen, living, wiring, extra partition, false ceiling.

wiring and pole system cabinet (11ft) was around 5k.

25k for hacking whole place, tile the whole place, do toilet, kitchen, living, wiring, extra partition, false ceiling.

hi zhiz

When you mean tile the whole place, do u also mean flooring for all rooms? Did you engage an ID or contractor?

thanks! :)

sounds like a good deal ;)

hi zhiz

When you mean tile the whole place, do u also mean flooring for all rooms? Did you engage an ID or contractor?

thanks! :)

yes tile the whole place. all rooms got new tiles. mine is ID.

7. Re-wiring

8. Painting

If the item price is below $100, the contractor/ID might throw it for free. However, if it's more than that, it would never be free, you would have to pay in 1 way or another. That means the quotation has some INFLATED items to cover the free aircon. Few things you have to consider:

1. Does the aircon suit you?

2. Is it a good brand aircon? This would affect the maintenance and quality.

3. Is it inverter? If it's non-inverter and there's a hefty PUB, who will pay?

If you want to go for budget, maybe you don't do any built-in carpentry except for kitchen cabinet. Your MBR wardrobe can always buy from IKEA.

Same for shoe cabinet. I bought my shoe cabinet from S&C around $150 +/-. Can your custom shoe cabinet be cheaper than that?

yes tile the whole place. all rooms got new tiles. mine is ID.

good deal leh... i'm sure you liked the quality and workmanship too? :)

1. overhaul both common and master room toilets. Avg $3K x 2 = $6000

2. overhaul kitchen flooring and cabinets Avg $7K + cabinet est. 30ft $3K+ solid surface est. 15ft $1200= $11200

3. Flooring for living room and all rooms (i m ok with either homogenous or overlay with laminate/veneer) overlay laminate @$4psf est. 650sqft = $2600, tiling $2800

4. Build-in cabinet for master bedroom Est. 7ft sliding doors = $1540

5. Change new windows and grilles for all. Window est. $2K powder coated, Alum. grille $1.2K = $3200

6. Custom made shoe cabinets. Est. 5ft = $1000

7. Re-wiring $2340

8. Painting $1300

Without dimension, material, sometimes is hard for others to gauge. So I provided a est. dimension for easy calculation and estimation on your budget. Btw, plumbling($1000) and hacking of whole house($3400) is not included.