Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
freshpoison77

The Chewy's Em

What will be done?

• Usual hacking and demolition of the entire place as renovations done by previous owner was 25yrs ago

Flooring

• Marble (living/dining/utility)

• Parquet (upstairs)

• Homo (kitchen/3 toilets)

• Slate (balcony) nt sure whether there’s wall tiles

Stairs

• Parquet (entire stairs)

• Glass with stainless steel bars for railings

• Partition to create a store below

Windows / Grills

• Entire house

Carpentry

• 3 rooms wardrobes (6 panels type so a bit bigger than usual)

• Altar

• TV console

• Vanity cabinet (2 toilets) with corresponding mirrors with hidden cabinets behind

• Boxing of pipings in 2 toilets

Doors / changing of frames

• Solid Veneer (main/3 bedrooms/utility/2 toilets)

• PVC (kitchen toilet)

• Fixed glass panel for 1/3 of balcony opening. 2/3 folding glass doors

• Glass opening for kitchen (1 fixed panel with glass door)

• main gate

Lbox / False ceiling

• 3 bedrooms (L-box)

• Living/dining/foyer ( combi of both)

Reconstruction

• Extension of MBR to the void so that the room becomes bigger

• Re-positioning of 1 bedroom door to make the room bigger

• Recess area at kitchen toilet to store washer and dryer (kitchen toilet becomes smaller but still enough for shower, inclu ventilation window above the door for the toilet)

• Purchasing recess area to create a small foyer at entrance

• Re-positioning of utility room door with ventilation windows above the door

Kitchen

• As seen in 3D pics. With black “Indian Galaxy” granite top and black glass backsplash

Electrical Quotation

• Rewiring

• Sockets

• Usual points (scv, ceiling fan, aircon, telephone)

• Switches etc

Painting

• Plastering (entire place)

Toilets

• Glass shower screen for 2 toilets

85K seems ok for the scope of work imo. Since you are using marble it's far more ex. Grilles for whole unit can easily come up to 4k or more i believe. My ceiling works from the quotes I've received so far range from 5-9K.

Quote for homo tiles is approx 4.9K (living, dining and corridor). My floor space is 1506 sqm and the quote is for 60x60 cm.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Here's what I am doing:

• Usual hacking and demolition of the entire place as renovations done by previous owner was 25yrs ago

Flooring

Marble (living/dining/utility)

Parquet (upstairs)

Stairs

Parquet (entire stairs)

Glass with stainless steel bars for railings Glass with wooden posts

Windows / Grills

• Entire house

Carpentry

3 2 rooms wardrobes (6 panels type so a bit bigger than usual)

Altar

TV console

• Vanity cabinet (2 toilets) with corresponding mirrors with hidden cabinets behind

Boxing of pipings in 2 toilets

Solid Veneer (main/3 bedrooms/utility/2 toilets)

PVC (kitchen toilet) Slide and fold type

Fixed glass panel for 1/3 of balcony opening. 2/3 folding glass doors Full width folding glass doors in aluminium frame (6 panels)

• main gate

Lbox / False ceiling

3 bedrooms (L-box)

Reconstruction

Extension of MBR to the void so that the room becomes bigger I'm not sure you can build into this void, you should check with HDB

Re-positioning of 1 bedroom door to make the room bigger

Recess area at kitchen toilet to store washer and dryer (kitchen toilet becomes smaller but still enough for shower, inclu ventilation window above the door for the toilet) I'm rebuilding the toilet and shower here.

Purchasing recess area to create a small foyer at entrance

Re-positioning of utility room door with ventilation windows above the door

Kitchen

• As seen in 3D pics. With black “Indian Galaxy” granite top and black glass backsplash (similar layout to yours just simplified)

Electrical Quotation

• Rewiring

• Sockets

• Switches etc

Painting

Toilets

Here's what I am doing:

Flooring

Marble (living/dining/utility)

Parquet (upstairs)

Stairs

Parquet (entire stairs)

Glass with stainless steel bars for railings Glass with wooden posts

Windows / Grills

• Entire house

Carpentry

3 2 rooms wardrobes (6 panels type so a bit bigger than usual)

Altar

TV console

Boxing of pipings in 2 toilets

Solid Veneer (main/3 bedrooms/utility/2 toilets)

PVC (kitchen toilet) Slide and fold type

Fixed glass panel for 1/3 of balcony opening. 2/3 folding glass doors Full width folding glass doors in aluminium frame (6 panels)

• main gate

Lbox / False ceiling

3 bedrooms (L-box)

Reconstruction

Extension of MBR to the void so that the room becomes bigger I'm not sure you can build into this void, you should check with HDB

Re-positioning of 1 bedroom door to make the room bigger

Recess area at kitchen toilet to store washer and dryer (kitchen toilet becomes smaller but still enough for shower, inclu ventilation window above the door for the toilet) I'm rebuilding the toilet and shower here.

Purchasing recess area to create a small foyer at entrance

Re-positioning of utility room door with ventilation windows above the door

Kitchen

• As seen in 3D pics. With black “Indian Galaxy” granite top and black glass backsplash (similar layout to yours just simplified)

Electrical Quotation

• Rewiring

• Sockets

• Switches etc

Painting

Toilets

The void area needs permit. Some ppl built a display cove/recess area there at the side of the stairs while I'm extending my MBR out instead as I hav nothing to display... :D

You have started ur reno? Mine can only start nxt mth cos the seller has requested for an xtension of 1 mth... cant wait to start as I wanna move in b4 the yr ends...

I wished I din hav to do the flooring but the condition **** jialat... so no choice. Do u hav a T-blog? I wanna see ur reno pics.

The void area needs permit. Some ppl built a display cove/recess area there at the side of the stairs while I'm extending my MBR out instead as I hav nothing to display... :D

You have started ur reno? Mine can only start nxt mth cos the seller has requested for an xtension of 1 mth... cant wait to start as I wanna move in b4 the yr ends...

I wished I din hav to do the flooring but the condition **** jialat... so no choice. Do u hav a T-blog? I wanna see ur reno pics.

Well, hope you get the permit then, because I had considered extending into the void also but rejected on grounds of cost. I had intended to keep the cost down by using almost all of the original layout. I only enlarged my kitchen entrance.

Renovation started 1 day before Hari Raya this month, they have six weeks to complete (hopefully). I don't have a T-blog because I don't intend to show my home in public domain (sorry). Anyway, right now its just all hacked apart and resembles a warzone in Iraq. You can get a rough idea of the kitchen layout at http://floorplanner.com/projects/19198911-serangoon-em (switch to 3D and pan around!) but I have changed the layout later on with the contractor, so this isn't the most current one.

Where I saved money on was because the original marble flooring was in really good condition, and wasn't an obiang 80s design. The parquet flooring was a bit worn but I was assured it could be refurbished as well. I also cut down on much of my carpentry.

Well, hope you get the permit then, because I had considered extending into the void also but rejected on grounds of cost. I had intended to keep the cost down by using almost all of the original layout. I only enlarged my kitchen entrance.

Renovation started 1 day before Hari Raya this month, they have six weeks to complete (hopefully). I don't have a T-blog because I don't intend to show my home in public domain (sorry). Anyway, right now its just all hacked apart and resembles a warzone in Iraq. You can get a rough idea of the kitchen layout at http://floorplanner.com/projects/19198911-serangoon-em (switch to 3D and pan around!) but I have changed the layout later on with the contractor, so this isn't the most current one.

Where I saved money on was because the original marble flooring was in really good condition, and wasn't an obiang 80s design. The parquet flooring was a bit worn but I was assured it could be refurbished as well. I also cut down on much of my carpentry.

No worries lah, I'm sure ur reno will be completed on time...

Wow,

You have quite a bit of work in there.

I would also echo Cleong on the void area. I had the same idea and was informed by 3 ID companies that HDB unlikely to approve. Building across that area for display is very different to building across for a structural floor in the apartment. I would be very interested to see if you are able to attain a HDB permit for that bit of work as it is something I would also like to get done if possible. To be clear, there is no reason why it could not be done if the contractors know what they are doing in order to build out a reinforced concrete floor, it is just whether HDB will approve or not. It would make the master bedroom much bigger.

Where is the toilet placed in your common toilet at the moment ?. If it is where the floor plan shows it then there may be problems relocating it due to the piping in the apartment below. We saw a number of EM's with the toilet in this small area and luckily chose not to buy. We didn't realise it would be a problem until speaking to ID companies after we bought.

I have a little confusion about the two bedroom 3d's as well. The one you have as a 3d for bedroom 2 seems to have the door on the wrong side of the cabinets and there is no wall alongside the cabinets by the door (as shown in the floor plan). The 3d for bedroom 3 also has no door or windows in it. I cannot see from the floor plan any wall you could put cabinets on where there will not be either a visible door or window. If the one you have listed as bedroom 2 is really bedroom 3 then that would make sense but you still have no window or door visible in the other 3d and there should be regardless of whether it is of bedroom 2 or 3.

It would be good to see whole the area under the void where you are proposing building to extend the master bedroom will look (ground floor next to the living room).

Also are the master bedroom 3d's taking in to account extending in to the void area as they seem to show the MBR as it is on the floor plan.

From the kitchen 3d it seems you are extending the wall facing the stairs so you can fit the two bowl corner sink. The wall is around 60cm as per the plan but an average sink like that would need around 81cm plus a little extra for the cabinet. I would guess 84 would be reasonable. That would mean that wall would need to be extended until it almost touches the bottom of the arrow for the "100 drop" on the floor plan. Presumably you are then hacking the other side (above the "100 drop" on the floor plan) to make a bigger opening for the door ?. It looks like a really nice way to do it. We have the half wall by the rubbish chute with the sink facing the window but my wife really does not like the wall as it seems to make the kitchen seem smaller. Saying that she also doesn't like the corner washing up bowl but it is a good layout and we may be able to adapt it to our way of working.

This is where a top down space planning diagram would come in very handy.

Love your dining area, very nice.

Please don't get me wrong. These are just a few things that to me with the info seem worth pointing out just in case you had not already noticed them. That way you can check with your ID who may have a very valid reason for it being like that. If there is something amiss, it is better to get it confirmed now rather than after they start building, especially with an expensive reno like this.

Really can't wait to get confirmation about the void area as we would also love to do that.

RB

Actually I will be switching the location of my shower and toilet in the upstairs common bathroom as well. As the downstairs plumbing is still within my own unit, it is not a problem that can't be fixed with a bit of money. I feel such an arrangement is more logical than having the toilet right at the end. My contractor has also gotten approval for the change of location and plumbing.

freshpoison77, be aware that the 3Ds that you have got from your ID give you a false sense of space because they show you perspectives that you wouldn't see in first person.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I'm also waiting for approval for the void. Apparently, I'm not the 1st to propose and get that extension approved. So hopefully, the officer reviewing will be in a good mood :D

Will update once I hear anything.

Anyway, whatever alterations done will be accompanied by approval letters otherwise I won't do them. If need be, will amend the designs proposed.

Cheers~

Hi all,

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I'm also waiting for approval for the void. Apparently, I'm not the 1st to propose and get that extension approved. So hopefully, the officer reviewing will be in a good mood :D

Will update once I hear anything.

Anyway, whatever alterations done will be accompanied by approval letters otherwise I won't do them. If need be, will amend the designs proposed.

Cheers~

Hi Freshpoison77,

Just an update for you concerning the void area. After speaking to my current ID about the void area he has confirmed that it can be done and that he has done it for someone else in the past. So there is the good news. The problem is that it is not easy to get it approved as your ID will need to get in structural engineers and most probably put in an I beam across the void. The new floor area will also need to be certified up to a certain load for HDB sign-off. Surprisingly enough he suggested a ballpark figure of 3-4k which was a lot less than I expected TBH. Please note that this was a very rough figure though without doing the in depth research and even though our ID has 15+ years of experience it may still be a bit out ;). What were you quoted for this ?

RB

Hi Freshpoison77,

Just an update for you concerning the void area. After speaking to my current ID about the void area he has confirmed that it can be done and that he has done it for someone else in the past. So there is the good news. The problem is that it is not easy to get it approved as your ID will need to get in structural engineers and most probably put in an I beam across the void. The new floor area will also need to be certified up to a certain load for HDB sign-off. Surprisingly enough he suggested a ballpark figure of 3-4k which was a lot less than I expected TBH. Please note that this was a very rough figure though without doing the in depth research and even though our ID has 15+ years of experience it may still be a bit out ;). What were you quoted for this ?

RB

[/quote

Glad to hear that, I was quoted somewhere in e region of 3k w/o including the cost of the parquet flooring. He mentioned about some structural beams that are required by law too but he lost me on the technical terms... so perhaps my ID/Contractor knows what he's talking about after all...

Keeping my fingers crossed still

Edited by freshpoison77

An update about my plans for the void...

NEGATIVE...

HDB has replied that it will not be possible as that will increase the gross area of the unit so it's back to the drawing board for my ID... haha

Good news, I pay less...

An update about my plans for the void...

NEGATIVE...

HDB has replied that it will not be possible as that will increase the gross area of the unit so it's back to the drawing board for my ID... haha

Good news, I pay less...

Sorry to hear that but as you say, more money for other things :thumbs up: .

RB

Common Bathroom (upper level)

Left (shower area wall + vanity wall)

Right (remaining walls)

bottom (flooring - wet and dry)

IMG_0009.jpg

Kitchen Bathroom

Left (all the walls)

Right (feature strip for WC)

Bottom (flooring)

IMG_0010.jpg

Master bathroom

Left (shower area wall + flooring, cant remember whether vanity wall included or not)

Right (feature mosiac for mixer)

Bottom (dry area flooring)

IMG_0011.jpg

Edited by freshpoison77