Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
curryqueen

The Cave

I went to the cave this afternoon to check the layout of the aircon pipes. Was wondering why the place looked so bright when I finally noticed bdrm 2 windows have been changed. :D

It's so much brighter compared to the louvered windows!

CIMG0193320x200.jpg

The toilet windows have been changed too!

CIMG0192320x200.jpg

Aircon piping..Yikes! It's so **** big!! I suppose that's the problem with getting half inch insulation..

Box-up neatly done:

CIMG0188320x200.jpg

Piping at bdrm 2 also neat:

CIMG0195320x200.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

MBR piping..what can I do to disguise it?!

What I will see when I wake up every morning:

CIMG0189320x200.jpg

Pipes going through the wardrobe area.. which means I have to make a small panel where the pipes are otherwise the sliding dr won't close.

CIMG0190320x200.jpgCIMG0191320x200.jpg

Look at the humongous corner:

CIMG0196320x200.jpg

How it looks like on the outside with all the pipes sticking out:

CIMG0197320x200.jpg

For those looking for a gd deal for Ikea sofas, head down to the As-is section ASAP (before wkend!)

The stockholm 1.5 seater armchair was going for $480!! Usual price is $1.4K. It's a display piece and a little dirty, but worth it! They also have some leather ones that are really nice!! All display pieces going cheap!

If I had space for the armchair, I would grab it!!

MBR piping..what can I do to disguise it?!

What I will see when I wake up every morning:

CIMG0189320x200.jpg

Pipes going through the wardrobe area.. which means I have to make a small panel where the pipes are otherwise the sliding dr won't close.

CIMG0190320x200.jpgCIMG0191320x200.jpg

aircon trunking is always the ugliest. welcome to the club! :P

it will look 30% better after u paint it. haha!

your wardrobe area can do open concept mah? heee.... or put a "curtain" like the one at ikea alexander. (got one place they make it like a retail shop, they use a toilet roll holder to hold the curtain)

if not then have to make a panel, which is more ex. :)

u just been to ikea? any white billy bookcase (40cm width) on sale at as-is? :)

so you bit the bullet and went for clear glass windows? they are sliding ones right?

btw, i like that you won't be reupholstering the dining chairs. love the colour!

so you bit the bullet and went for clear glass windows? they are sliding ones right?

btw, i like that you won't be reupholstering the dining chairs. love the colour!

I may chicken out and paste frosted film on it. Like the fact that I can see the trees though.

I may chicken out and paste frosted film on it. Like the fact that I can see the trees though.

oh no....clear is good...frosted blocks out light. Can just do blinds if you want privacy. :)

The shower head is abit too small. A normal rainshower is more shiok. Haha.[/qu

look nice , how much is this ?

Edited by timtim

Hey curryqueen, I understand from my id that the pasted film does not last coz may peel off over time.

At first I thought to do the UV film on my louvers glass but reconsider instead having the louvers glass with patterns and light grey color on it for privacy reason.

Actually I wanted all to be in glass but for practical reason I have 5 panels steel and upper 3 panels

glass. :D

oh no....clear is good...frosted blocks out light. Can just do blinds if you want privacy. :)

yep agreed..clear is good! we'll be doing blinds for privacy..just got it sorted out last night. to maximise the light coming in thru the clear glass, we got dim-out blinds which allows light to pass thru but still maintains privacy.

I am NOT happy with my window grilles & gate contractor.

They emailed me last week asking me to send a soft copy of the gate design I wanted (again). I emailed them back and asked them to send me the design BEFORE production so that I can approve it and ensure nothing goes wrong.

No news from them. Today, someone called and said that they will be installing the gates & grilles on Sat and asked me when I was free to receive it.

I was like, huh??! But you didn't even send me the design to approve! I didn't even call you to tell you when to install! You were supposed to wait for me to tell you when to install and start production!

So they sent me the design of the grille drawn on a piece of paper, and sure enough,it's incorrect (proportions were wrong).

I drew out the proper thing I wanted and emailed it to them. In half an hour, the sales person called me to say that the grilles and gate have already been made and can't change the design. I was hopping mad! Who authorised them to make it using my $$?! :curse:

I asked him to take a picture of what was made and I will decide whether I want to accept it or not. He will email me the pictures tomorrow.

Really not happy at all...

I am NOT happy with my window grilles & gate contractor.

They emailed me last week asking me to send a soft copy of the gate design I wanted (again). I emailed them back and asked them to send me the design BEFORE production so that I can approve it and ensure nothing goes wrong.

No news from them. Today, someone called and said that they will be installing the gates & grilles on Sat and asked me when I was free to receive it.

I was like, huh??! But you didn't even send me the design to approve! I didn't even call you to tell you when to install! You were supposed to wait for me to tell you when to install and start production!

So they sent me the design of the grille drawn on a piece of paper, and sure enough,it's incorrect (proportions were wrong).

I drew out the proper thing I wanted and emailed it to them. In half an hour, the sales person called me to say that the grilles and gate have already been made and can't change the design. I was hopping mad! Who authorised them to make it using my $$?! :curse:

I asked him to take a picture of what was made and I will decide whether I want to accept it or not. He will email me the pictures tomorrow.

Really not happy at all...

you paid them already?