Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
probeng

Loan Shark!

I am harassed by loan shark. apparently the ex owner of the house use her IC to get a loan after HDB 2nd appointment. i just got the keys to my new house and it just got splash yesterday. Reported to the police but i am not sure if they can do anything even though they claim it will be handle by CID.

Why don't those loan shark check before they give out such loan. Or why HDB and ICA do not insist they seller and owner to change their IC on the spot! They just need to setup a counter for that and i am sure these will deter these miss identities problem.

I am really lost now and don't know what to do.will they come back and harass us again? What can the police and government do to help us? What is the use of installing CCTV when they can just cover their face with a cap or helmet? I have seen in the news that police are actively clamping down on vice activity, hopefully they can use the same effort in dealing with loan shark. With the 2 IR open i am sure these loan shark will be happy too. As i do not see any island wide "major" raid on loan shark, i am wondering what does it takes for the relevant department to act on it!!!!

The whole family were happy and looking forward to moving into the new house, now everyone is dreading and do not know what will happen next. Can anyone help? My Prime Minster, My MP, My police? Do i still believe in the system?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Vanitha Devi d/o Raju!!!!!! i am looking for you!!!!! don't hide. sg is very small

oops delete ............

Edited by dean

Yikes... I suppose some of u had bad experience with Indians but perhaps it's a little harsh to make such racist inclined comments.. There are many Indians out there that are good people.. Hope everything turns out well for u..

hi i have very nice Indian friends too, in fact i have good friends from all races in sg....

but this lady or woman is just too much.

i want to locate her...

can u upload her picture bo. she's your good friend?

no la she is not my friend to begin with. she is my seller of my new flat who left some "artwork" on my door.

Edited by probeng

Or why HDB and ICA do not insist they seller and owner to change their IC on the spot! They just need to setup a counter for that and i am sure these will deter these miss identities problem.

I totally agree with u on this! The previous house owners nv changed their address in my case, and when I start to open the mailbox to receive letters, I have been getting letters from banks, LTA and SP Power demanding payments from those baskets! :curse: So scared will end up like yr case.. :(

my story

1st HDB : Malay family. Move out with Court furniture. Few mth later, receive a lawyer letter say they didn't pay Court installment for the purchase. This one easy to handle. Just call the lawyer.

2nd HDB : Indian PR family.

Just come back from the unit. Finially they shifted out after 3 mth of waiting.

around 10 pm, their agent call. Pass the message say, they want to keep the letter box key.

NOTE: They want. They are not asking you for permission. They just say they want.

my story

1st HDB : Malay family. Move out with Court furniture. Few mth later, receive a lawyer letter say they didn't pay Court installment for the purchase. This one easy to handle. Just call the lawyer.

2nd HDB : Indian PR family.

Just come back from the unit. Finially they shifted out after 3 mth of waiting.

around 10 pm, their agent call. Pass the message say, they want to keep the letter box key.

NOTE: They want. They are not asking you for permission. They just say they want.

I dun think the Indian PR family has the right to keep the keys as they are not the owners anymore. U have the right to reject them as god knows wat these ppl may do and why would they need the letterbox keys? :unsure:

I dun think the Indian PR family has the right to keep the keys as they are not the owners anymore. U have the right to reject them as god knows wat these ppl may do and why would they need the letterbox keys? :unsure:

My guess

they scare we didn't return the letter to them

I also scare they will sabo us what.

What if they suddenly "up wind" thrown away our letter?

My guess

they scare we didn't return the letter to them

I also scare they will sabo us what.

What if they suddenly "up wind" thrown away our letter?

If I am u, I will be most worried that they dun change their address and borrow loansharks! :horse:

So, how did u resolved that? :unsure:

If I am u, I will be most worried that they dun change their address and borrow loansharks! :horse:

So, how did u resolved that? :unsure:

don't know.

Just receive their demand 2 hrs ago.

Now, concentrate on my reno 1st.

At this point of time, our letter still sent to our present address. So it does not bother us.

We will change every lock once offical move in.

Was thinking, should I install a CCTV too :rolleyes:

don't know.

Just receive their demand 2 hrs ago.

Now, concentrate on my reno 1st.

At this point of time, our letter still sent to our present address. So it does not bother us.

We will change every lock once offical move in.

Was thinking, should I install a CCTV too :rolleyes:

I have changed the letter box key by myself. The letterbox lock brand is REAL.

Till now the floor is oily. tile spoilt?

Edited by dean