Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zoom13

Granite Top

Hi all

I found some stains on my black granite top... like water mark from cups since there are circular in shape.

Cant seem to clean it off. Any advice?

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all

I found some stains on my black granite top... like water mark from cups since there are circular in shape.

Cant seem to clean it off. Any advice?

Thanks.

Can post the pictures?

Edited by bepgof

IMG_8204.jpg

Serious, the stain get "soaked in" to the layer.

Yoongf, any recommendation?

Disffusion method work? By putting a wet cloth on top for say 30 mins, hope the stain "disfuses" to cloth, repeat the cycle a few time? Or a less-dense(but evaporate fast) liquid is better?

Edited by bepgof

Serious, the stain get "soaked in" to the layer.

Yoongf, any recommendation?

Disffusion method work? By putting a wet cloth on top for say 30 mins, hope the stain "disfuses" to cloth, repeat the cycle a few time? Or a less-dense(but evaporate fast) liquid is better?

Thanks. Seriously, I dun rem putting anything "corrosive" on the granite top.

What type of thing can result in such stain? Even if cannot clean, I need to know how not to aggravate it.

Thanks for advice.

Thanks. Seriously, I dun rem putting anything "corrosive" on the granite top.

What type of thing can result in such stain? Even if cannot clean, I need to know how not to aggravate it.

Thanks for advice.

Granite is porous. So, any kind of liquid would result in such stain, even water.

hey zoom,

there was a post previously on this: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12921

Thanks... not sure if the steps work though...

General understanding is that we cannot use bleach or strong cleaning agent on granite top...

so pretty, so diff to maintain... (I have only moved in for 1.5 mths)...

My ID actually told me its better than solid top, can put hot stuff etc... seems to be rubbish when i check against the web...

Thanks... not sure if the steps work though...

General understanding is that we cannot use bleach or strong cleaning agent on granite top...

so pretty, so diff to maintain... (I have only moved in for 1.5 mths)...

My ID actually told me its better than solid top, can put hot stuff etc... seems to be rubbish when i check against the web...

All liquids "soak into" granite easy & fast, unless the granite has been "saturated" to some extent. Not necessary to be "corrosive" fluid. Say putting an oily jar at base & put on granite top for a few hour would cause the stain, then use porous paper to "suck" the oil out. Saturation can be by means of mopping the granite daily with damped cloth for almost 3 months.

Disfussion means, make the stains soften first & by effects of "higher densed" stains flowing toward "lesser densed" liquid(eg clear water), repeat a few time to make the stain less obvious.

Edited by bepgof

All liquids "soak into" granite easy & fast, unless the granite has been "saturated" to some extent. Not necessary to be "corrosive" fluid. Say putting an oily jar at base & put on granite top for a few hour would cause the stain, then use porous paper to "suck" the oil out. Saturation can be by means of mopping the granite daily with damped cloth for almost 3 months.

Disfussion means, make the stains soften first & by effects of "higher densed" stains flowing toward "lesser densed" liquid(eg clear water), repeat a few time to make the stain less obvious.

Hi bepgof... will try the saturation method on my kitchen granite top. All these while, I have ample cloth around the kitchen and when there's water on the counter top, wipe the water off immediately.

i think you can buy waterproofing stuff from diy shop, have done it for my black galaxy and china black kitchen top. no stain so far. 3 years already.

i think you can buy waterproofing stuff from diy shop, have done it for my black galaxy and china black kitchen top. no stain so far. 3 years already.

@vermilion... any brand name of the 'waterproofing' stuff that you bought at the DIY shop? Are your referring to inpregnators?