Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ummee

My Northern Habitat

I've finally summed up the courage to post my own reno journey, after months of reading countless valuable Renotalk forum topics and T-blogs. Thanks Guys! :good:

To shorten a long story..I'll be the legal owner of my EM tomorrow (my 2nd appointment is tomorrow!). However, reno work had started 1 week after the 1st appointment. The new owners of my current jumbo flat are asking us to move out earlier so that they can do a little bit of reno themselves.

Hopefully our reno process will be smooth like many others at Renotalk and hoping that others will gain from this T-blog too :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I've finally summed up the courage to post my own reno journey, after months of reading countless valuable Renotalk forum topics and T-blogs. Thanks Guys! :good:

To shorten a long story..I'll be the legal owner of my EM tomorrow (my 2nd appointment is tomorrow!). However, reno work had started 1 week after the 1st appointment. The new owners of my current jumbo flat are asking us to move out earlier so that they can do a little bit of reno themselves.

Hopefully our reno process will be smooth like many others at Renotalk and hoping that others will gain from this T-blog too :D

Look forward to see your floor plan and reno. Cheers!

Welcome!!

Here are some pics of the house prior to the reno that I managed to take during 2nd viewing...

IMG_1090.jpg

Kitchen view

IMG_1091.jpg

Kitchen wash area

IMG_1097.jpg

Balcony

IMG_1118.jpg

Common toilet at 2nd floor

Edited by Ummee

Thanks for the welcome :)

Took quite a while to upload the pictures (Tried imageshack, picasa etc and at last settled for Photobucket. Haha...I'm really bad with IT stuff)

Here's my floorplan:

floorplan.jpg

Ya..keeping the balcony tiles coz the previous owner apparently did the balcony only a year ago (i suspect it's to fetch a higher resale price). Other than the balcony, the marble flooring for the 1st level and the staircase, everything else had to be changed (heart pain coz at first look i tot can save a bit on reno after paying so much for the COV) :(

Reno pics (fast forward)!

IMG_1247.jpg

Kitchen wall hacked

IMG_1248.jpg

Precious marble flooring and parquet staircase well-protected :D Very happy with my ID for that!

IMG_1249.jpg

Range of tiles that we've selected. Basically all white white (hopefully the house will look more spacious, especially the kitchen and toilets)

Thanks!

Just dropped by at the new house after work just now. The painting job is almost done. Some workers are cleaning up and have removed the protective cover for the marble flooring and staircase (finally I get to see the flooring!). Most of the mess have been cleaned up.

I realise that most of the reno pics that I took are in my handphone which did not turn out so well... :(

Luckily, i took a few photos just now. Here's sharing some of the wall colours :P

IMG_1308.jpg

My daughter's room

IMG_1309.jpg

My sons' room

Hope you guys like the pics coz here's more:

IMG_1312.jpg

snapshot of the L-box with downlights

IMG_1313.jpg

My cheerful and bright living room wall :D

I've three kids :P Two boys and a girl.

About the yellow wall, initially I wanted one of the natural browns for it but was afraid it'll make my living room smaller. Now that I look at the yellow yellow wall, kinda like it. Definitely makes the place brighter and bigger!

Btw, the colour is Majestic Yellow (Dulux All)

Some updates...

1) Kitchen cabinet finally up! Will show pics when the solid top is laid.

2) Main door and door handles changed.

3) Grilles too!

Wednesday - Parquet at staircase to be varnished

Saturday - Confirm placement of bathroom accessories