Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

Mattress Mattress

Hello everyone

Can some kind souls help me - how and what to look out for mattress? I know a good mattress does not come cheap, but don't know the "inside" story.

So was shopping for bed some days back, and was pleasantly surprised that a shop is offering bed frame + mattress for only $899! I asked what kind of mattress, and the saleslady said "spring pocket", and she added that "this one orthopaedic, some more anti-dustmite, anti-something else (i forgot). I thought pocket spring mattress sounds good, but the price tag just makes me suspicious.

Later at another shop, a "kinder" salesman said "pocket" got so many type - individual pocket or side pocket? When I told him about the orthopeadic etc etc, he said all mattresses these days are orthopaedic, and these are all sales terms and names to entice "blur" people like me lah!

Come home and try to read up - wow - so many types - latex, foam, spring, memory foam ... all confuse liao. Anyone can enlighten?

btw, the brand is maxcoil. also did a web search on maxcoil http://www.maxcoil.com.sg/products.htm and realised that there are so many types under one brand alone. Is there a kind of ranking? or at least in terms of price, what would be the mostly costly, and what are mid range and at the bottom?

thanks so much!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hihi let me try to help u out...i thk u may b referred to maxcoil's panatech, judging by the price...

act the effect of individual pocket is to minimise disturbance fr your partner's movements...so no pt getting one spring sys tat is not here not there.

as for latex, can b full latex or jus latex top...supposed to b cooling. try asking the staff if they have a cut-out sample. i wld liken it to b like a spongy kueh...

memory foam is made famous by tempur, supposed to conform the most to one's body shape...hence most support. but it didnt work for me...i thk im stil the traditional spring and mattress guy.

mayb u can share wat is ur budget, can advise better... cheers...

if u hv a 2k budget, u can safely go for the 3S - Sealy, Simmons, Serta.

hihi let me try to help u out...i thk u may b referred to maxcoil's panatech, judging by the price...

act the effect of individual pocket is to minimise disturbance fr your partner's movements...so no pt getting one spring sys tat is not here not there.

as for latex, can b full latex or jus latex top...supposed to b cooling. try asking the staff if they have a cut-out sample. i wld liken it to b like a spongy kueh...

memory foam is made famous by tempur, supposed to conform the most to one's body shape...hence most support. but it didnt work for me...i thk im stil the traditional spring and mattress guy.

mayb u can share wat is ur budget, can advise better... cheers...

if u hv a 2k budget, u can safely go for the 3S - Sealy, Simmons, Serta.

really not sure the "name" except that it's maxcoil. assuming if it's really the maxcoil panatech, what kind of mattress is that? I think i like to believe forumers here than to go ask the saleslady at the shop!

really not sure the "name" except that it's maxcoil. assuming if it's really the maxcoil panatech, what kind of mattress is that? I think i like to believe forumers here than to go ask the saleslady at the shop!

it doesnt matter what kind of spring it is and what price its marketed at. most importantly, you must lie down on the mattress and try it for yourself. whichever u feel supports you most comfortably, thats the mattress for you. mattress is a very individual thing. what i feel is good, may not be good to u.

fr wat i rem, its spring mattress but not individual pocketed. its their in-between model.

it doesnt matter what kind of spring it is and what price its marketed at. most importantly, you must lie down on the mattress and try it for yourself. whichever u feel supports you most comfortably, thats the mattress for you. mattress is a very individual thing. what i feel is good, may not be good to u.

ha ha, this is true .. but also true is the fact that all the mattresses feel somewhat the same when I lie down, only some softer or firmer than another. :lol:

i bought a new BASIC mattress with 10year warranty, it is still wrapped with plastic sealed. I not sure why there is 1 small light slightly brown stain, look like a rust stain and inside mattress got this 3mm black stain. What stains?

fyi, I haven't used it yet

anyone can recommend me below $1K mattress? king coil or sea horse okay?