Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hzleaf

Tiles? Laminate? Or Spray?

Dear all,

I am going to renovate my resale flat soon.

The headache is the tiles in living rm and 3 bedrooms are all in gd condition. But!!! My hubby n me really dun like the colour.

We r considering re-do with laminate, but laminate is not water proof right? is it suitable for living room?

Or maybe re-do with tiles? then need to hack and relay. must be very ex.

Is it possible to just spray it? As we just dont like the color, condition wise is still ok.

Anyone has any input?

Thank you very much for your sharing =)

Edited by hzleaf

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

depends on your budget actually.

spray paint looks flaky and i doubt its nice to use for bedroom.

laminates cheaper than tiles. waterproof in living room, should be ok unless you have pets who like to do their business around or small kids who spill their drinks. Can always go laminate shopping to collect samples to test out their resistance. :)

depends on your budget actually.

spray paint looks flaky and i doubt its nice to use for bedroom.

laminates cheaper than tiles. waterproof in living room, should be ok unless you have pets who like to do their business around or small kids who spill their drinks. Can always go laminate shopping to collect samples to test out their resistance. :)

Hi gimz63251073,

thank you very much for your suggestion.

i seriously consider overlay laminate in both living room and bedrooms.

tk u =)

Dear all,

I am going to renovate my resale flat soon.

The headache is the tiles in living rm and 3 bedrooms are all in gd condition. But!!! My hubby n me really dun like the colour.

We r considering re-do with laminate, but laminate is not water proof right? is it suitable for living room?

Or maybe re-do with tiles? then need to hack and relay. must be very ex.

Is it possible to just spray it? As we just dont like the color, condition wise is still ok.

Anyone has any input?

Thank you very much for your sharing =)

Hmmm.... u can use better quality of laminated flooring or vinyl plank... both also suitable for living room... both prices are far cheaper that tiles... and the best part is that u can change ur flooring as and well u like it... installation will take up only one to two days... for vinyl plank = 0% dust when installation.

Hmmm.... u can use better quality of laminated flooring or vinyl plank... both also suitable for living room... both prices are far cheaper that tiles... and the best part is that u can change ur flooring as and well u like it... installation will take up only one to two days... for vinyl plank = 0% dust when installation.

Hey gordon1985,

Thank you very much for your sugguestion.

But may I know what vinyl plank is? sth like laminate?

Btw, shall install my built-in cabinet in the living first or lay the laminate flooring?

Thanks again!

Hey gordon1985,

Btw, shall install my built-in cabinet in the living first or lay the laminate flooring?

Thanks again!

vinyl plank or flooring...u can visit this t-blog as the owner going to install vinyl flooring for living and bedrooms.

Simei T-blog

vinyl plank or flooring...u can visit this t-blog as the owner going to install vinyl flooring for living and bedrooms.

Simei T-blog

Hi Jaskel,

Thanks. I have started reading that thread.

I talked to a contractor yesterday. He recommended teak wood parquet to me. The quotation is 5.8 psf. ( Ermmm, much expensive than laminate.) He told parquet is more water resistant compared to laminate. Is that true?

Does anyone here know what the pros n cons are if compare parquet vs. laminate?

And is the quotation reasonable? what is the market rate for parquet?

many thanks~

Hey gordon1985,

Thanks again!

Vinyl plank is made of PVC, surface of the vinyl is far more nicer than laminated flooring. ( this is based on same range pricing vinyl and laminated flooring )

hmmm... as for cabinet...... the best is install your cabinet first before laying your laminated flooring or vinyl plank.....

The reason

1. safe money because you don't have to lay it under the cabinet, save a few SQFT.

2. In any case that you need to repair the flooring, its easier because nothing is under the cabinet.

3. Next time if you wanna change the design.. no damage will be done to your cabinet...

for more info can give me a buzz.. at... 91984799

I talked to a contractor yesterday. He recommended teak wood parquet to me. The quotation is 5.8 psf. ( Ermmm, much expensive than laminate.) He told parquet is more water resistant compared to laminate. Is that true?

Does anyone here know what the pros n cons are if compare parquet vs. laminate?

And is the quotation reasonable? what is the market rate for parquet?

many thanks~

hmmm... as for this case.....parquet is nice and ex...

But parquet do rot due to water as well as termite attack... i have seen alot of parquet repairing work due to water... places like near the windows and mosty just outside the toilet area...

parquet can resand and vanish and even do staining but laminate can't

laminated flooring can be change as and when u like but parquet can't

termite attack parquet but don't on laminate

and lot more can't think much as my brain is down hahaha... sorry

for price range must depends... 2" by 8" all the way to 2" by 12" indo teak parquet. there is alot of sizes of parquet... all got different price... so what is the size he quoted u?

market rate is about $5.XX to $6.XX