Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

Wow and Wow again. I also put my day curtain over this one. Reason because the colour I want could only be found in te day curtain.

What a coincidance! :P

Please dont tell me your day curtain is purple also.....

yr walls are purple? or furnishing is purple?

wah purple is in colour ah?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Tue, 14 Sept 2010

Renovation

Met contractor today, was hopeful that he can HO earlier than the previously set date since most of the things seems to be almost done. But was told a xxxx sian news that HO - confirmed - 25/9. So now I have to reschedule my mover and deliveries!

The part I dread most is staying on in the rental room. It's so strange - we've been there for a good 2 months plus, and we have never experienced the stay in any negative light. But somehow, once we are told that we can vacate by a certain date, each day seems like a year! And now, we have to re-countdown! OMG, 11 days to go!

At the site today - mostly carpentry work. MBR wardrobe is done, and now the concentration is in the kitchen and some small works in the hall. Think all these should be complete by tomorrow.

What's left now will be the granite top, glass, mirror, marble polish, parquet and door varnish, some plumbing work bc of the re-position of the laundry sink ... and we are done!

Purchases

After going round and round different shops and warehouses in various housing estates, sungei kadut, defu, macpherson and many more .. we have finally placed an order for all the furnishing for our girls' rooms - wardrobe , bookshelf, study table, mattress, computer table, chairs, - all from the same shop! Showed them the bill - and they exclaimed "wow so much ah" - hmm , i'm glad they know it's burnt our pocket, so hope they will take care of them! Lucky girls - everything new .. like cny!

Forgot what was the last update, but also managed to secure the order for 2 lounge chairs and 2 bar stools, again from the same shop.

Outstanding

Over the last two days, we went from Harvey, to Best Denki, Gain city, Courts and tomorrow will be Mega - in search of hubby's dream tv.

His first wish was a sumsung 3D 55" LED - but 3D tech too new - OUT

Next wish was a sumsug 55" LED - but too big - OUT

Third wish was a sumsung 46" LED - but went to Harvey, and was recommended a Hitachi 47" LED instead. After walking back and forth between the two sets, I had to agree with the saleslady - that the Sumsung LED was a little glaring and uncomfortable for the eyes, though the colours are alot more vibrant and brighter. So now I am strongly advising him to think seriously - for the sake of our girls' eyes ... he is now super sian ... keep downgrading his wish set

Portable aircon - yes, went to Gain City and saw the aircon that flamedav was talking about. Though not the best, but seems a likely option for the kitchen ... but a bit worried about the consumption and maintenance

Bar Table - seems there is not many options on this one. Saw a very simple one in a shop in JB, but still keeping our eyes open in case we can spot one in singapore

Dining set - due to budget constraints, decided that we will still try t use the existing one first - hopefully no accidents - to see if it's workable ..

Mover - this time we engaged the Helping Hands, again since they are highly recommended in RT. Plus it's giving them a second chance. Hope everything will turn out well ..

hmm ... what else is there that I miss out?

Edited by froggy

yr walls are purple? or furnishing is purple?

wah purple is in colour ah?

My 1st wow is that Zelly's mbr night curtain is same as mine. 2nd wow is that zelly is using the day curtain on top of night curtain. Me too. Cos usually people put day behind night.

3rd Wow will be coming up if Zelly's day curtain is purple in colour too....

Tue, 14 Sept 2010

Purchases

His first wish was a sumsung 3D 55" LED - but 3D tech too new - OUT

Next wish was a sumsug 55" LED - but too big - OUT

Third wish was a sumsung 46" LED - but went to Harvey, and was recommended a Hitachi 47" LED instead. After walking back and forth between the two sets, I had to agree with the saleslady - that the Sumsung LED was a little glaring and uncomfortable for the eyes, though the colours are alot more vibrant and brighter. So now I am strongly advising him to think seriously - for the sake of our girls' eyes ... he is now super sian ... keep downgrading his wish set

Portable aircon - yes, went to Gain City and saw the aircon that flamedav was talking about. Though not the best, but seems a likely option for the kitchen ... but a bit worried about the consumption and maintenance

Erm I never recommend air con for kitchen ah. maybe someone else. a small fan will do lah, for circulation purpose.

For TV, the 40" is doing very well for our living room size. Several people in FV are using this size and are pretty happy with it.

46" may be too big for comfort for some having a living room of our size. Once adjusted to it still ok.

55" is definately a no no. Sure regret.

I can show you my TV and then u decide loh. TV delivery very fast one, can do last minute also.

Erm I never recommend air con for kitchen ah. maybe someone else. a small fan will do lah, for circulation purpose.

For TV, the 40" is doing very well for our living room size. Several people in FV are using this size and are pretty happy with it.

46" may be too big for comfort for some having a living room of our size. Once adjusted to it still ok.

55" is definately a no no. Sure regret.

I can show you my TV and then u decide loh. TV delivery very fast one, can do last minute also.

oops, think it's bearlyn. Sorry I mistaken liao.

good idea. now looks like i have to visit u first instead of vice versa

mr chew

9653 4689

for damage, check yr pm

thx, so to ask for quote he will come to yr hse n quote? planning do curtains for LR n blinds for the other 3 rms.

thx, so to ask for quote he will come to yr hse n quote? planning do curtains for LR n blinds for the other 3 rms.

yup, he needs to come to yr house to quote. He will have to see wall and furnishing etc colours, amount of light in the room etc before making recommendation of fabric and colour. Unless of course, u already know exactly what you want ... That is also why we feel comfortable with his recommendation, bc he will lift up the fabric and hold them in front of the window so that we can physically see the end result

I am not sure if he can quote based on floor plan or number of windows though ..

yup, he needs to come to yr house to quote. He will have to see wall and furnishing etc colours, amount of light in the room etc before making recommendation of fabric and colour. Unless of course, u already know exactly what you want ... That is also why we feel comfortable with his recommendation, bc he will lift up the fabric and hold them in front of the window so that we can physically see the end result

I am not sure if he can quote based on floor plan or number of windows though ..

hmmmm, if like tat after quote, i don wan to engage, he sure DL one sia... all curtain makers work this way?

hmmmm, if like tat after quote, i don wan to engage, he sure DL one sia... all curtain makers work this way?

sorry dunno. he is the only one we contacted.

or before asking mr chew, u can try go to those curtain shops to get a rough quote first, based on floor plan? So at least u get an idea if his price is good or otherwise?

Nonetheless, I'm sure quotations are non obligatory right? Surely the customers have the right to accept or reject?

Final Payment??

Now that we are at the last week of reno, can I ask a stupid question? Is the last payment to be paid on HO day? Then after that, if got anything else to rectify, or got something else to install (which requires drilling etc) - how?

Or is last payment to be held till, say, after a week or so to "test out" the house?

What happens on or before HO day? Does the contractor kind of walk you through the house to check everything ok? Or what?

My 1st wow is that Zelly's mbr night curtain is same as mine. 2nd wow is that zelly is using the day curtain on top of night curtain. Me too. Cos usually people put day behind night.

3rd Wow will be coming up if Zelly's day curtain is purple in colour too....

Mr Chew did try to promote his purple dim out to one of my bedroom who has silver and purple theme, but I chose a dark silver curtain with dots in circular pattern. We wanted to put a purple day curtain with a tint of silver in that bed room but decide to save money and veto using day curtains.. My MBR we went for vertical black and white and see through lines instead. The day curtains cost more than the dimout.. Mutter. But The effect is good.

Oh yeah, if possible, ask mr Chew to give dark pillows.. My whitish silver pillows got dirty easily, :(