Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi everyone! Thanks for all support in reading my blog. Coming to the end of the adventure and slowly settling in my new home now, I felt that I've learnt lots from RT, and def hope my posting will also benefit others!

Hubby asked if I will still visit RT since reno has all been done? Without even thinking, my reply was "I'm hooked!"

So, yes, yes, got lots of pix to post, and stories to share. But must yi bu yi bu lai ...

Yesterday, the glass supplier just did the final adjustments to the glass and mirror, today skirtiing touch up will be done. Hopefully the painting touch up can also be completed within this week ...

Tomorrow the electrolux demonstrator is coming - hopefully I can start baking again shortly!

Review 5 - Brandt Washer and Dryer (WFE0877A and EFE118A) - Mega kallang

Initially wanted an electrolux - simple reason that our old electrolux washer served us for more than 10 years - so can definitely trust this brand. Our only condition is to have a minimum 6kg machine that is fully manual, or at most semi. Want to avoid digital control and panels as much as possible - our previous digital washer lasted only 2 years before we had to change the motherboard. And even then, it is showing signs of falling ill again ..

The sad discovery is that Electrolux does not hold such a model .. so was recommended Brandt by salesman at Mega. Don't understand why too - he is a all-Brandt guy - from the washer/dryer/hood/hob/oven - everything recommend Brandt.

I guess we were ok with it too, since it's also european made? And it takes a 7kg load! To top it off, Brandt also comes with a 8kg fully-manual contolled dryer! I am old fashioned - loved its size and easy-use right away!

And so the machine arrived - the demonstrator came and gave a very detailed explanation on the working of the washer (dryer is idiot-proof :D ), and we started using it.

Cool! Washer has a flash 40 function - takes only 40 min for a full load! And dryer works great too, esp since the place is still so full of dust (now upstairs renovating!?!?) so a bit difficult to hang out the clothes to dry. Now I can have clean, dry and comfortable clothes that feels great fresh from the machine! Woo, how I love these two big boxes!

But now, waiting to see this month's bill - hope no major heart attack!

This is only a fraction of what i had to unpack - many long and sleepless days and nights ..

DSC09756.jpg

It's a good thing my living hall furnishing has not arrived, so I can park the stuff there as we unpack each box! So indeed, it's a blessing in disguise that they had to indent the stocks we wanted!

Wow I get shivers the moment I see those boxes you have. It's going to be a nightmare unpacking.

Guess what, I havent completed shifting/unpacking my stuff too. :D

It's gonna take a while .....

Maybe even when Bearlynn shift in we havent unpack finish yet.

Wow I get shivers the moment I see those boxes you have. It's going to be a nightmare unpacking.

i haven even pack my stuffs.. :(

hi everyone! Thanks for all support in reading my blog. Coming to the end of the adventure and slowly settling in my new home now, I felt that I've learnt lots from RT, and def hope my posting will also benefit others!

Hubby asked if I will still visit RT since reno has all been done? Without even thinking, my reply was "I'm hooked!"

So, yes, yes, got lots of pix to post, and stories to share. But must yi bu yi bu lai ...

Yesterday, the glass supplier just did the final adjustments to the glass and mirror, today skirtiing touch up will be done. Hopefully the painting touch up can also be completed within this week ...

Tomorrow the electrolux demonstrator is coming - hopefully I can start baking again shortly!

Looking forward to more pics and stories... :sport-smiley-004:

ha ha .. better try to get it done, bc if drag on, it will become very sian, then just don't feel like unpacking liao .. and store in storeroom lor

when we moved into my first house at hougang, I did not unpack everything, just place the boxes (unopened) in the storeroom racks. And more than 10 years later, when we are moving out of there, the thiings have become antique liao, still beautifully packed! So this time round, I force myself, die die also must unpack ... we ended up discarding alot of things .. hubby was not around when I was packing up, and I'm the kind who likes to keep everything - he said I siao - pack, pay to store, pay to move, then throw! ?!?!?

But of course, back then it was an EA, so we had lots of space and only one baby. Now, it's with 2 girls and only 4 rooms, so guess it's a case of being forced by circumstances.

Have fun unpacking!

i haven even pack my stuffs.. :(

bearlyn

you want the boxes or not? I passed the first load to a relative's neighbours who are moving, now cleared another batch of boxes, but they enough liao. Looks like I really have alot of stuff!?!?!

Congrats Froggy!! Nothing beats the feeling of moving back to our own home rite? hee hee.... anyway...Nice curtains done up by Mr Chew...

Thanks hippo! Totally agree with you - total freedom to be in own home once again

But now abit fanatic about cleanliness and in "protecting" the flooring. New mah - but let's see how long this will last???

bearlyn

you want the boxes or not? I passed the first load to a relative's neighbours who are moving, now cleared another batch of boxes, but they enough liao. Looks like I really have alot of stuff!?!?!

Hmmm.. i will give u an ans by today. U got my number rite? if i no response then either u sms me or take it i dun nid ba.

U give away boxes still got stuffs to unpack ah? wa, u really bring a lot of stuffs over.. :P

Review 5 - Brandt Washer and Dryer (WFE0877A and EFE118A) - Mega kallang

Initially wanted an electrolux - simple reason that our old electrolux washer served us for more than 10 years - so can definitely trust this brand. Our only condition is to have a minimum 6kg machine that is fully manual, or at most semi. Want to avoid digital control and panels as much as possible - our previous digital washer lasted only 2 years before we had to change the motherboard. And even then, it is showing signs of falling ill again ..

The sad discovery is that Electrolux does not hold such a model .. so was recommended Brandt by salesman at Mega. Don't understand why too - he is a all-Brandt guy - from the washer/dryer/hood/hob/oven - everything recommend Brandt.

I guess we were ok with it too, since it's also european made? And it takes a 7kg load! To top it off, Brandt also comes with a 8kg fully-manual contolled dryer! I am old fashioned - loved its size and easy-use right away!

And so the machine arrived - the demonstrator came and gave a very detailed explanation on the working of the washer (dryer is idiot-proof :D ), and we started using it.

Cool! Washer has a flash 40 function - takes only 40 min for a full load! And dryer works great too, esp since the place is still so full of dust (now upstairs renovating!?!?) so a bit difficult to hang out the clothes to dry. Now I can have clean, dry and comfortable clothes that feels great fresh from the machine! Woo, how I love these two big boxes!

But now, waiting to see this month's bill - hope no major heart attack!

hey hey i'm also using a Brandt machine but a 6-kg model. always use the flash-40 function cos we figured that our clothes are not that dirty to require that normal-close-to-2-hours wash :lol:

was used to top-loader machines.. washing cycle normal around 45 mins only. First time when i used the "normal" wash function on the Brandt, almost fell asleep waiting for the wash to complete................... zz

hey hey i'm also using a Brandt machine but a 6-kg model. always use the flash-40 function cos we figured that our clothes are not that dirty to require that normal-close-to-2-hours wash :lol:

was used to top-loader machines.. washing cycle normal around 45 mins only. First time when i used the "normal" wash function on the Brandt, almost fell asleep waiting for the wash to complete................... zz

know what? I thought the flash 40 means 40 min, but yesterday I actually timed the washing - less than 30min done liao! Very very happy bc energy saving (hopefully). So far, we have had 2 previous front loaders, and the half load fastest is 30 min. Imagine this one can do full load at under 30!