Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

hi, i am looking for ventilation fan for my bathroom. seems like there are not many people who can fix this anymore.

approached KDK but their installation charges are sky high! higher than the fan itself. they told me that they no longer cut the glass to fix the fan but instead, they install the fan onto a piece of arcylic then mount the arcylic onto the window. the window will not be cut.

total cost for installation is $350 (the fan cost only $120).

anyone has done this, can share your contact?

thank you

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi, i am looking for ventilation fan for my bathroom. seems like there are not many people who can fix this anymore.

approached KDK but their installation charges are sky high! higher than the fan itself. they told me that they no longer cut the glass to fix the fan but instead, they install the fan onto a piece of arcylic then mount the arcylic onto the window. the window will not be cut.

total cost for installation is $350 (the fan cost only $120).

anyone has done this, can share your contact?

thank you

get a windows contractor + electrical contractor or just a main con that does everything.

or

1) you can remove the glass from the window and bring it to sungei road or any glass shop to cut the hole.

around $8-$15 only

2) my KDK 8" ventilator costs around $50 nia at sungei road....dont know why yours costs $120....super big size???

3) run a wire to the bathroom ( done by electrician ) - price varies on how you want it, a on/off switch or a plug into your existing socket outside the bathroom.

will post my pics tonight

get a windows contractor + electrical contractor or just a main con that does everything.

or

1) you can remove the glass from the window and bring it to sungei road or any glass shop to cut the hole.

around $8-$15 only

2) my KDK 8" ventilator costs around $50 nia at sungei road....dont know why yours costs $120....super big size???

3) run a wire to the bathroom ( done by electrician ) - price varies on how you want it, a on/off switch or a plug into your existing socket outside the bathroom.

will post my pics tonight

thanks. kdk told me that they have phased out those smaller fan. now it the new type with new technology and whatever rubbish la. they just want to sell you the higher end product. and the fan has a square cover on the outside. now they only carry this model 15WHPA.

Do consider again. ventilators may be an eyesore and besides they do consume electricity.

When bathroom are kept clean & dry, generally it is acceptable if it is home use.

May wanna consider potting some charcoal which more promotes green environment.

charcoal serves a similar purpose as the ventilation fan i.e. remove moisture from the bathroom

also, ventilation fans that protrude out of the window is against hdb regulations :sport-smiley-003:

Don't worry, I am not selling charcoal product. But there are some of these products in the market

lately. Actually, I wanna sole agent some of these products, but didnt take off.

Em... lets see, I assume you wanna get rid of any pungent smell that may arise. Try not to use

air freshener, some ppl are allergic to it. For any job, always think of maintenence free and try to

keep things simple. Simple to beautify. Have you thought of cleaning the ventilator ?

What if it break down and you could not get the right size again ?

Too much electicity stuff is bad for our health.

Anyway, charcoal are " CARBON " products, they have a tendency to absorb all bad smell near them.

u could also put a small piece in you fridge if it gets too fishy. Maybe also your shoerack

sorry not sure of the term "potting charcoal".

Does it mean putting charcoal in a pot and leave in in the toilet? How long can this last?

yes just put charcoal in a pail and leave it somewhere in the toilet where it won't kenna splashed by water

changing it once every six months should be good enough :sport-smiley-003:

do you mean just put those charcoal that we use for BBQ can already? how much to put?

if this works, i would rather do without the ventilating fan.

I recommend those thin & long ones. ( more surface area ) to perform its function.

At least these charcoal should protrude out if you vase them.

Grab some on the next bbq function.

By the way, it only works for small enclosed areas.

charcoal good for absorbing moisture and pungent/smells inside cabinets/wardrobe, cars.

but not good enough for big open areas. especially after someone has baked cakes in toilet, no way can the smell goes away immediately. Neither can it dry a wet toilet unless you MOP/wipe the toilet+bathroom DRY each time after use.

you mean for toilet not that effective? Anyway, I dun mind trying. Yest look around for nice vase to put charcoal but cannot find :D

Next stop is 7 eleven/supermart to buy charcoal.... :D

you mean for toilet not that effective? Anyway, I dun mind trying. Yest look around for nice vase to put charcoal but cannot find :)

Next stop is 7 eleven/supermart to buy charcoal.... ;)

charcoal good for shoe cabinets/ wardrobe. Coupled together with a unused toilet roll.

you get the maximum effect for cheap cheap.