Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wonderlee

Is Xin Min Pri Sch Consider 名校?

Haha, I know about "three relocations of men mu", but I'm not moving because of this reason. Rather staying away from those schools like Rosyth pri sch.. Very stress for my girls.. Normal sch will do lei..

How do I assess a teacher who is responsible / good teacher? Definitely not the current form teacher for my elder girl. She told me last year during our parents meeting that she teaches MAINLY BECAUSE of MONEY, not of other reasons. This teacher not wanting to take note on who has or hasn't pass the homeworks n needs parents to remind her for many things thr sms. Luckily thing is, she is co-operative towards our sms'es..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Need to know if your kid is boy or gal? Primary school selection is very important as it sets the foundation for his character building. You must know your child's strengths and weaknesses. No point putting him/her in a "elite" school and the parents get stressed for nothing over scademic results / paper chasing. You must visit the schools yourself to see their holistic programs, talk to the principal if necessary. Some schools change for the worse after a change of principals. Every school would definitely have some bad eggs or bullies. You can't run away from that.

For your info, my gal is in P4 @ PLMGS. My son is in P2 @ ACS(Junior). I am very happy with the schools' education system, policies and vision. They take care of the weaker students and do not marginalise them. I got both places via balloting at Phase 2B (through Methodist Church affiliation). Balloting is exciting and you get the feeling of striking lottery when your kid's name is announced. They still have 2 younger siblings but I guess their places have been "reserved" by their elder siblings. Just sharing my experiences and thoughts. Hope it helps.

I find Singaporeans obsessed with this good school not so good school thing. The first thing if I tell others my son is studying in this x school, the first question they ask "is it a good school?" I will then reply, is your son a good student / or sometimes as bluntly as ... your son can study or not? I don't give two hoots about good or bad... main criteria is near to my home.

ST ran an article on a parent's plight few months back.... she did all sortc of funny and stupid stuff for the school just to score brownie points so that they will accept her son - it did - good for her. When her younger son was also accepted (as he has a sibling there already).... this younger son could not cope with the pressure.... as he is not the studious type (more artistic)... unlike his elder brother.... suffered... and had a mental breakdown. Luckily his mum is not those 'die die must save face' Singaporean... and transferred him out to a 'mediocre' school (maybe drop her water face in the process).... surprise (or not surprise) that he 'blossomed' there.

Agree.... the foundation thingy - is 80% cultivated at home - PARENTS!! Parents have to teach their young to indentify good and bad behaviour, excel in both good and bad environment. As for parents who only want 100% chinese, no malays, no indians.... I reserve my comments. What about chinese nationals? How to teach one to be multi-racial, tolerance, etc when he/she comes into the workplace? Now I see why many of my Singaporean colleagues behave how they behave (or lack of it) in the workplace and is a **** disaster when they travel overseas. (there's reports by tour companies branding Singaporeans being one of the worst travellers in the world - bordering the kiasu, kiasi and kiasai culture in their upbringing)..... Is this no malay, no indian thingy be the root cause?

I find Singaporeans obsessed with this good school not so good school thing. The first thing if I tell others my son is studying in this x school, the first question they ask "is it a good school?" I will then reply, is your son a good student / or sometimes as bluntly as ... your son can study or not? I don't give two hoots about good or bad... main criteria is near to my home.

ST ran an article on a parent's plight few months back.... she did all sortc of funny and stupid stuff for the school just to score brownie points so that they will accept her son - it did - good for her. When her younger son was also accepted (as he has a sibling there already).... this younger son could not cope with the pressure.... as he is not the studious type (more artistic)... unlike his elder brother.... suffered... and had a mental breakdown. Luckily his mum is not those 'die die must save face' Singaporean... and transferred him out to a 'mediocre' school (maybe drop her water face in the process).... surprise (or not surprise) that he 'blossomed' there.

Agree.... the foundation thingy - is 80% cultivated at home - PARENTS!! Parents have to teach their young to indentify good and bad behaviour, excel in both good and bad environment. As for parents who only want 100% chinese, no malays, no indians.... I reserve my comments. What about chinese nationals? How to teach one to be multi-racial, tolerance, etc when he/she comes into the workplace? Now I see why many of my Singaporean colleagues behave how they behave (or lack of it) in the workplace and is a **** disaster when they travel overseas. (there's reports by tour companies branding Singaporeans being one of the worst travellers in the world - bordering the kiasu, kiasi and kiasai culture in their upbringing)..... Is this no malay, no indian thingy be the root cause?

Hi Ah Lian = lotus,

Care to tell how many kids you have? Their ages?

Yes, some parents are "too much", like to grasp as many "fish flesh" as they could though they can't consume all, let only "bone" to others,sigh- wondering how/what their kids would be when grown up. - hopefully the kids eat "flesh", leave "bone" to their own parents.

Kiasu is a driving force, pushes ppl to excel, offcourse must apply correctly. Take all "flesh leave only bone, yet can't finish fresh" ---All human or mankind wants as many resources as the could, the ways and means of getting the resources, Singaporeans yet to learn from Amercians, actually is half the way---through legal means. Got own money don't want to use keep using ppl's money?

Kiasi is a retracting force, typically chinese. Saw=no see, dare not to stand up as "hero". History tells "hero" die "fast" and "first". They prefer to stay behind scene and watch till the right timing get all the credit....My wife has many times stopped me from being a "Hero". But my "hero" blood is flowing through all my body.

Edited by bepgof

Hi Ah Lian = lotus,

Care to tell how many kids you have? Their ages?

But my "hero" blood is flowing through all my body.

Bro bepgof... 2 boys, 10 and 12. What about you? Berapa anak ada?

Yes, agree that heroes die first (just like in the movies too :) )

Well, we learn as we go.... and we can only impart what the schools don't teach... from the school of hard knocks :)

Bro bepgof... 2 boys, 10 and 12. What about you? Berapa anak ada?

Yes, agree that heroes die first (just like in the movies too :) )

Well, we learn as we go.... and we can only impart what the schools don't teach... from the school of hard knocks :)

Slightly more advance than you: 15B & 13G. I kept remember wrongly her as 11, as mentioned in some posts.

Edited by bepgof

Slightly more advance than you: 15B & 13G. I kept remember wrongly her as 11, as mentioned in some posts.

hmmm... technically, you will retire 3 years earlier (13-10) :)

No need to care about the branding of the school la.

If your child is self motivated, he/she can make it no matter where he/she starts from. If he/she don't want to learn, what school or what tutors you hire also no use.

Better to spend time and effort on teaching the proper learning mindset and interest them about learning.