Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wonderlee

Is Xin Min Pri Sch Consider 名校?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Is Xin Min Pri Sch consider 名校?

Is 名 not 明
I had edit your topic too

The one at Hougang? Previously at Bethel Prebersterian Church? So, so lah.

Edited by bepgof

around that area, reckon Rosyth School falls under the classification of 名校.

most properties launches around that area highlight Rosyth but no mention of Xin Min.

I've no knowledge on punggol primary school. maybe some parents here will give you a better insight.

Actually you can log on to:

http://app.sis.moe.gov.sg/schinfo/SIS_index.asp

& find out the achievements of primary school.

Rosyth indeed is good as compared to the rests.

I have one basic principle in selecting primary school for my 2 kids (now boy 15 & girl 13): No malay pls.

Now the boy in RI, the girl in Bedok Green. Their primary school: Red Swastika Primary.

Edited by bepgof

Actually you can log on to:

http://app.sis.moe.gov.sg/schinfo/SIS_index.asp

& find out the achievements of primary school.

Rosyth indeed is good as compared to the rests.

I have one basic principle in selecting primary school for my 2 kids (now boy 15 & girl 13): No malay pls.

Now the boy in RI, the girl in Bedok Green. Their primary school: Red Swastika Primary.

Like that, only Red Swastika meet your requirement liao. :P

Mine 2

1. No Indian

2. Must have student care center tie to the school.

Like that, only Red Swastika meet your requirement liao. :P

Mine 2

1. No Indian

2. Must have student care center tie to the school.

1. 9 years ago, my boy was under phase 2C registration, we actually was staying within 1km from RSS, ended up balotting and we were out ! No choice, we registered him to Min Xin Primary, same time put his name under waiting list (No: 21) and talked to Pricipal (Chia, already out) a few rounds and vice Pricipal (Mdm Koh, already out). Ended up wife to do voluntary work as librarian there for a abt 2 wks. On 24 Dec, Chia called:"you can come over"......The boy had been doing well since P1, always within top 10 in same cohert. No 6 in PSLE within RSS, he also managed to get 2 "CUPs" and cash for school in competitions.

2. Malay boys give me no good impression: can't study well, fail to excel, mentality issues, distract class, can't be a motivating factor.... too many negative factors as to study lah. P1 to P6 is the "foundation" period, must have "solid" base to compete in sec. No a race discrimination issue. Secondary school can mix with malay, indian.. no problem.

Edited by bepgof

I've no concern on whether to have indian or malay classmates. My concerns are : how good / responsible the teachers are, their teaching methods, their studying time (1 or 2 sessions), their CCAs, etc... from the website & booklist, Tech Ghee pri sch seems better than Punggol pri sch. Not sure about the rest. I don't see any Wushu CCAs in all pri sch that are located in Hougang. Volleyball in Xin Min pri sch - yes.. ai~

I've no concern on whether to have indian or malay classmates. My concerns are : how good / responsible the teachers are, their teaching methods, their studying time (1 or 2 sessions), their CCAs, etc... from the website & booklist, Tech Ghee pri sch seems better than Punggol pri sch. Not sure about the rest. I don't see any Wushu CCAs in all pri sch that are located in Hougang. Volleyball in Xin Min pri sch - yes.. ai~

You 'll understand what I said when you grow older. If have time, visit & compare a few schools. From pupils' behavious, can tell if school good or no good.

Edited by bepgof

bepgof : Perhaps my 2 girls are chinese speaking, hence I do hope they can get to know indian & malay friends whom speak only English to them, esp to my elder girl. I know how the other 2 behave, so long is (which I pray hard for it) my 2 girls know what they suppose to learn & what they should not learn. Well, it's hard to say that too. But not much choice for us lor :(

bepgof : Perhaps my 2 girls are chinese speaking, hence I do hope they can get to know indian & malay friends whom speak only English to them, esp to my elder girl. I know how the other 2 behave, so long is (which I pray hard for it) my 2 girls know what they suppose to learn & what they should not learn. Well, it's hard to say that too. But not much choice for us lor :(

Nothing wrong with whether Chinese or English speaking. I speak Teochew, Mandarin & English at home. My 2 kids also know how to speak these. Main points are:

- Always "follow" one who can lead. A good schooling environment will nuture/encourage a young heart to excel, absorbe new knowledge, and always wanted to "move ahead". The schoolmates around him/her are important factor to "move" him/her either "up or down". I'm saying malay is no good in academic study. With too many around, will "pull" down the "standard". Hope not offending any malay who read this.

- Young minds are like a spong, absorbe inputs fast but without filtering, as parents, need to do "filtering" for them. Watching TV serial programme is a waste of time. Must cultivate kids with READING habit which is the key to learning. I bring 2 of them to public library bi-monthly since young. Now, everyday, they reading straits times. Sometimes read Shin Ming Daily.

Some kids born with "auto-pilot" skill, some needs closed supervision, identify their needs and apply the required. Not easy as parents, especially after a day's hardwork.....

Edited by bepgof

Hw would u assess a teacher who is responsible, good teaching methods? School environment is an impt factor here.

Nothing wrong with whether Chinese or English speaking. I speak Teochew, Mandarin & English at home. My 2 kids also know how to speak these. Main points are:

- Always "follow" one who can lead. A good schooling environment will nuture/encourage a young heart to excel, absorbe new knowledge, and always wanted to "move ahead". The schoolmates around him/her are important factor to "move" him/her either "up or down". I'm saying malay is no good in academic study. With too many around, will "pull" down the "standard". Hope not offending any malay who read this.

- Young minds are like a spong, absorbe inputs fast but without filtering, as parents, need to do "filtering" for them. Watching TV serial programme is a waste of time. Must cultivate kids with READING habit which is the key to learning. I bring 2 of them to public library bi-monthly since young. Now, everyday, they reading straits times. Sometimes read Shin Ming Daily.

Some kids born with "auto-pilot" skill, some needs closed supervision, identify their needs and apply the required. Not easy as parents, especially after a day's hardwork.....

i agree with what u said.

i agree with what u said.

gals_mama, thank you for your compliments.

Hi Wonderlee, I "suddenly" remember what I've learnt about the ancient chinese story on the "three relocations of men mu" (sorry for this computer can't key in chinese text) the mother shifted houses 3 times to have a "good" schooling envirnments for Men Zi while he was young. Another old saying :" He who nears black becaome dark, near red become red" has its logic.

I stayed within 1km of RSS, under phase 2C, still couldn't get a place for son after balloting in 2002, initially. Talked to pricipal/vice principal/parents' association chairman, many rounds, only till 24/12/02 (I remembered this date clearly till now) recieved call from pricipal say he wanted to give me a "christmas present"- without dissappointment, son enrolled and did prouds to the school.....

Edited by bepgof