Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ponyoblue

Window Cleaning

Hi ..Anyone can recommend good and reliable window cleaning services ?My window frame and glass are so dirty .. i scurb and scrub also no use..

thank you..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

sorry to hijack this thread, using what solvent to clean windows frame that have lot of existing stickers. Got any window service for cleaning window.

sorry to hijack this thread, using what solvent to clean windows frame that have lot of existing stickers. Got any window service for cleaning window.

Try to spray it with WD40

Hi! windows gets greasy and tends to attract more dust, what if your cleaner has just cleaned your window's glasses and your kid puts a dirty hand mark on it again? Cleaning and maintaining cleanliness are two different things. Just develop a habit of maintaining cleanliness, and when it is needed to be cleaned, spray a little vinegar solution and rub and wipe off with a cotton cloth. Now, rub the surface with crinkled newspaper to bring back the shine. :yamseng:

Try to spray it with WD40

Wow lau, WD40 is too expensive to use on such application, use Kerozine(spell correct?) can already. Apply on cloth first, then apply onto the stickers to make them "wet", wait for about 5 min, scrap able the sticker easily. Apply K..again on cloth and use it to clean those "sticky marks" ....ok?

Edited by bepgof

Usually for label sticker, I use Zippo.

But for window sticker, I apply petroleum jelly, those that my helper apply on her hands.

Apply for 15mins then clean.

Usually for label sticker, I use Zippo.

But for window sticker, I apply petroleum jelly, those that my helper apply on her hands.

Apply for 15mins then clean.

Zippo don't work. where to buy petroleum jelly? quite headache to clean. if can't clean i will change whole window and grill. horizontal grill

Oh.. yours is stickers on window frame. Did you mention a lot of stickers ? If yours is those bare aluminium frame, apply "VASELINE" petroleum jelly $2.00 at any shampoo shop.

I actually use my maid vaseline when I run out of it. It keeps their hand smooth and soft.

Apply generously, should be soft after 15mins , use scraper and scrap evenly all stickers.

Gotta dig in when you scrap. Don't worry about small scratches, can use green wool to remove them.

Just google petroleum jelly image :)

Zippo dry very fast, after apply must clean immediately.

Oh.. yours is stickers on window frame. Did you mention a lot of stickers ? If yours is those bare aluminium frame, apply "VASELINE" petroleum jelly $2.00 at any shampoo shop.

I actually use my maid vaseline when I run out of it. It keeps their hand smooth and soft.

Apply generously, should be soft after 15mins , use scraper and scrap evenly all stickers.

Gotta dig in when you scrap. Don't worry about small scratches, can use green wool to remove them.

Interesting... I didn't know that Vaseline can work on stickers. Tonight, let me try my Vaseline on the "stubborn" stickers on my fridge! Jiff and detergent didn't work on them.

You seem to be very good at DIY stuff wor ;)

Edited by forgotten

Interesting... I didn't know that Vaseline can work on stickers. Tonight, let me try my Vaseline on the "stubborn" stickers on my fridge! Jiff and detergent didn't work on them.

You seem to be very good at DIY stuff wor ;)

No choice, poor lor, everything must do yourself, wife already work and take care of the kids.

Not easy work for a woman. Next life still wanna be a man.

DIY easy lah... no emotion and never complain :) DIY got excuse other chore ma ...

yah aluminum frame, i will try VASELINE

what about the aluminum grill got those discolor white stains how to remove to same color?

green wool is car product? which shop selling? ok i will try vaseline. cleaning house is so tired.

change window & grill required weekday, can't apply leave this yr.

i want to change that S.T.U.P.i.D Window and Grill as i sensitive to chemical.

Edited by dean

No choice, poor lor, everything must do yourself, wife already work and take care of the kids.

Not easy work for a woman. Next life still wanna be a man.

DIY easy lah... no emotion and never complain :) DIY got excuse other chore ma ...

i try vaseline, got so many d@mn stickers over the windows. which shop selling green wool? carrefour selling?

i will change window & grill.

i try vaseline, got so many d@mn stickers over the windows. which shop selling green wool? carrefour selling?

i will change window & grill.

Sorry my English, what I meant is those you use to wash dishes, yellow/green on each side.

Cheapest option, my kitchen got a dozens of these.