Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rickzan

Executive Masionette

Hi there,

Saw an EM at Teban Garden, Lift Level, #5 floor, facing the reservoir, Val at 420k. Asking for 18k. BUT HOUSE is very ORIGINAL CONDITION where need to do 150% reno....Is it a good buy?? Helpppppppp....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi there,

Saw an EM at Teban Garden, Lift Level, #5 floor, facing the reservoir, Val at 420k. Asking for 18k. BUT HOUSE is very ORIGINAL CONDITION where need to do 150% reno....Is it a good buy?? Helpppppppp....

hi i put option of 1k same at teban #12 facing reservor in jan 10. val 430 plus 15k..same situation need whole house reno. after 2 weeks i gave up coz several reasons. if u have budget 4 reno the price u paying is good buy for em. doing up EM is not cheap. on the other end for that price u probably wun get another EM anywhere in SG at this moment. IF u EM fan better grab but be pepared for the reno cost.

Hi there,

That area has got many foreign workers in the neighbourhood. But in front of your flat PUB is in the process of building watersports-related recreational facilities. So the potential is there. But in the short term, the neighbourhood is the reason why the valuation is low. It is right on the fringe of Penjuru, a pretty large industrial estate, has got large trucks driving past your balcony, and is not near to MRT station.

hi i put option of 1k same at teban #12 facing reservor in jan 10. val 430 plus 15k..same situation need whole house reno. after 2 weeks i gave up coz several reasons. if u have budget 4 reno the price u paying is good buy for em. doing up EM is not cheap. on the other end for that price u probably wun get another EM anywhere in SG at this moment. IF u EM fan better grab but be pepared for the reno cost.

Me n wife had some thoughts abt it also.Cash portion is quite reasonable for an EM at this moment.We have been searching around few location but den 4 n 5 room units are all asking superhigh supersky cash!!! Its a coincidence that we came across this unit..We are a first timer and currently staying with parents now n we do not have any property to sell .Its purely hard earned money to dump in for the cov n aso mayb for basic reno to be done. We tot of grabbing the unit since its a good deal.However we are also confused if its a too big unit for a first timer like us to purchase.I was thinking to go for a this flat since we are entitled for the grant and also we are still eligible for a 30 yrs loan rather than taking up a 4 room unit den using up the grant and if future if I were to upgrade to a bigger flat later i won't be able to use the grant and the no years of loan will be reduced to 27yrs (average age for both me n wife) if I were to upgrade 5yrs later and will then end up paying high instalment in future rather than now.So its kind of confusing situation to go for it or not ???

That area has got many foreign workers in the neighbourhood. But in front of your flat PUB is in the process of building watersports-related recreational facilities. So the potential is there. But in the short term, the neighbourhood is the reason why the valuation is low. It is right on the fringe of Penjuru, a pretty large industrial estate, has got large trucks driving past your balcony, and is not near to MRT station.

You are rite Cleong.We had reccee the area and indeed there are many foreign workers, big trucks and aso not near to MRT..Like what u said PUB is in the process of building up the reservoir for water related sports facilities.As of now what I can see the viewing deck platform is almost done up. What do you tink of the potential value near future should the water sports facilities are all fully done up and also if the Business Hub (which was planned to be near jurong east mrt) fully develop. Any comments ?

You are rite Cleong.We had reccee the area and indeed there are many foreign workers, big trucks and aso not near to MRT..Like what u said PUB is in the process of building up the reservoir for water related sports facilities.As of now what I can see the viewing deck platform is almost done up. What do you tink of the potential value near future should the water sports facilities are all fully done up and also if the Business Hub (which was planned to be near jurong east mrt) fully develop. Any comments ?

How often do u use the sport facilities? How often do u use MRT?

It will definitely go up, those EM(any room type) that is near MRT will command even more. A lot of EM owners are paying 50k and up cov, comparing your 420k + 18k cov is considered reasonable at this time.

How often do u use the sport facilities? How often do u use MRT?

It will definitely go up, those EM(any room type) that is near MRT will command even more. A lot of EM owners are paying 50k and up cov, comparing your 420k + 18k cov is considered reasonable at this time.

Hmmm.... so i shall go for it huh...but also not near mrt den travelling got prob leh....aiya...so **** confused.

Hmmm.... so i shall go for it huh...but also not near mrt den travelling got prob leh....aiya...so **** confused.

To me is pretty clear cut:

If u have the capacity, go for more expensive EM near MRT, otherwise this should be it.

Tried negotiating the cov, the lower the better cos renovation for EM is not cheap, at least 50k up for a standard overhaul.

Edited by chronograph

You will continue to suffer from relatively low valuation for the property until the industrial area, or the workers are zoned away from the residential blocks in the estate. Your wife/kids may not feel comfortable if they come home late at night and walk past groups of loitering workers, some of whom may have had a bit to drink. Weird odors can sometimes be smelled in the air, it can be somewhat dusty/polluted compared to other areas, e.g. Marine Parade.

If the watersports facilities are as good as Bedok Reservoir, then you'll expect pretty good appreciation. But with the foreign worker/industrial area element in the picture, it might just counteract each other. Business hub is probably too far to matter - and areas like Jurong East and Clementi enjoy better connectivity to the Business Hub than Teban Gardens will.

the reason i gave up coz me sole breadwinner. even i dumped all my cpf and profit from earlier house still need top up cash. mine val 430 plus 15k at that time. i was prepared for a go for it but my reno how? very original. so end up bought 5 room in jurong east for 411k inclusive cov move in condition. near mrt amenties and school for my 2kids..remember teban no scho0ls nearby. so end of the day see wats more impt 4 u. for me budget daily amenties and needs more impt. teban only have nice reservoir view and cheap..weigh your options carefully..lastly after i lose the 1 k..next day it was sold for 25k cash! again i said for 420plus 18k ..only teban gardens have this price EM. toh guan EM now going at 600k plus. value wise sure up ..convinence wise u decide. hope i have not confused u..juz stressing the plus and minus.cheers!

Chronograph : Mayb i shall take your advise to negotiate and try for a lower COV. Of course the best choice is to take a unit with best location with amneties but also depends on our capacity. Taking a flat too far off fm our budget would also result we becoming slave of our own house to pay for high monthly mortagage. I would aso prefer areas near MRT . Will there be any MRT in Teban in future haha...sigh...nearest to Teban is Jurong East.. Any LTA pple to advice or not any MRT at Teban..haha...*slaps forehead*

Cleong : Yup , I agree with you but also i think its a matter of getting used to it lor.We were quite worried of this issue also initially and so Me n wife had actually reccee the place during nite hours and found that not too many workers loitering around that area. We did also monitor during noon hour. Yes noon hours is pack with foreign worker from the nearby co workers out for lunch to the next blk kopitiam.I'm also wondering how the current owners who have been staying in these blocks can adapt to it. I've checked past resale transaction and find that not many people selling their units in this block. So i guess its a kind off getting used to it lor ..sigh...