Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

How Much Does It Cost To Employ A Maid?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
can give some advice?

thanks in advance!

There is an agency fee involved, there is a salary range for maids from the same country, insurance charges, different levies for different groups, tax rebates for working mum, etc... Hence, the cost of hiring a maid is not "fixed". You may want to check with a few maid agencies. Cheers!

Prepare to pay transfer fees.. they may come for a week, cry then want to change employer. So your insurrance also needed to pay a admin fee to transfer too. Spare someday leave to back them up during the transfer period.

Worst case scenario, go to hospital, police station if needed.

Nightmare may come true... I am scaring you .....

Go to either Hougang Green or Bukit Timah Shopping Center. I think these 2 places have a lot of agencies with packages for maids. The costs of having a maid

- package cost

- initial one time payment to cover maid's loan. This can be deducted from her pay over 6-9 months

- maid insurance. To help defray the 5000 bond fee to MOM

- maid levy. I think its 200++, but if u have young children or old folks living together, can reduce to 170

Country wise, most expensive are Philippines. Indonesian, Burmese, Sri Lankan also available and monthly I think cheaper.

wish the government would relax the rules against helpers working in more than 1 household. while I understand it was implemented to prevent employers asking the maid to clean more than 1 house blah blah blah, for people like me, who have a helper at home, just looking after 2 of us adults, who both travel a lot, she spends so much time reading the paper/pocketbooks after doing her chores (must say my helper is very good though...) i

t just seems to make sense to send her somewhere else to work when I'm at work/overseas! Especially when we travel, she's alone at home doing nothing.... but due to the gov't restriction, am afraid to send her to friends' place to help them clean/iron once a week... my friends all say my helper has the best life amongst all of us.... very free!

and yes, i realize I don't need a maid but the last thing I wanna do after back to back biz trips lasting 10 days each is do the laundry!!!

wish the government would relax the rules against helpers working in more than 1 household. while I understand it was implemented to prevent employers asking the maid to clean more than 1 house blah blah blah, for people like me, who have a helper at home, just looking after 2 of us adults, who both travel a lot, she spends so much time reading the paper/pocketbooks after doing her chores (must say my helper is very good though...) i

t just seems to make sense to send her somewhere else to work when I'm at work/overseas! Especially when we travel, she's alone at home doing nothing.... but due to the gov't restriction, am afraid to send her to friends' place to help them clean/iron once a week... my friends all say my helper has the best life amongst all of us.... very free!

and yes, i realize I don't need a maid but the last thing I wanna do after back to back biz trips lasting 10 days each is do the laundry!!!

Lucky you. Not all apples are bad afterall. Afterall still Price=risks

Doing house chores only is a lurcuxy to domoestic helper. ( I respect them) BUt most of the time people enage them for child/elderly care which needed patient.

You see they changed when it come to this type of situation. Of course not all are bad. i do have helper that loves children.

sometimes what we don't realize is not everyone is cut out for child/elderly care... if it was, then any of us can be a teacher/nurse... we're all different human beings and have different interests/passions... the problem sometimes is some employers expect their maids to be perfect in everything, and to do things exactly the way they want it.

i think it really boils down to picking the right one for the right job... there will never be anyone who will excel at all jobs, so my mantra is if she's good at 8 out of the 10 things i need her to do... ok liao.

Of course there are those who are really bad (lie/steal/harm the family/lazy!!) all sorts lah, sometimes finding a good one is like winning toto !! luckily mie has been with me for 3 years liao... and says she will stay on after taht too!

sometimes what we don't realize is not everyone is cut out for child/elderly care... if it was, then any of us can be a teacher/nurse... we're all different human beings and have different interests/passions... the problem sometimes is some employers expect their maids to be perfect in everything, and to do things exactly the way they want it.

i think it really boils down to picking the right one for the right job... there will never be anyone who will excel at all jobs, so my mantra is if she's good at 8 out of the 10 things i need her to do... ok liao.

Of course there are those who are really bad (lie/steal/harm the family/lazy!!) all sorts lah, sometimes finding a good one is like winning toto !! luckily mie has been with me for 3 years liao... and says she will stay on after taht too!

Yes, I agree. do not expect a plumber to do an electrician job.

But sometimes, when helpers joins the workforce prior to huge loan background.

Thus in-order to cleared it they must first make an attempt to reach the shore. After grounded, then cry and say want to change environment.

So whenever we ask them, are you willing to take care of children or elderly? They will take the approach of eat the arrot first then later serach for the greener fields..

Your luckness, becos the helper is not heavily loaded. Taking care of 2 independance adults doing house choire is an easy taks man.

I bet any helpers will stay too if they met you and the environment. Easy money, no crying hasslte, elder un-hygence factors.. long working hours.

It boils down to the needs and demands.

If it is house chore, helper is perfect. But elder/ child care, very hard on them. Pay peanuts but wanted papaya in returns....

So anyone consider maid for child/elderly care? Think twice! 7 months Ghosts' Gate opens at 10 August and waiting for you.

I am scaring you again!

that's really quite expensive

Yes, it is too expensive. My sister just got an indonesian maid for my mother, and she pays her $340 and no day off. But I must admit it is not easy to take care of old folks. And I salute those maids who are patient in taking care of them. :)