Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darkfear

Destination: Simei

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
and... whereeee is jasssoooonnnnn............ busy with jeffcraze's house ahh... :(

Haha.. Think he was bz attending to my neighbour's complains.. :P

oh noes! what happened? hope it's rectified liao!

haha oops that was me.. din know wifey logged in using my comp..

anyway just wanted your opinion about this table and coffee table set.. i tink it's fantastic but missus thinks it sux.. zzz

so let us have your opinions!

c06bc9cc.jpg

60dbefc9.jpg

haha oops that was me.. din know wifey logged in using my comp..

anyway just wanted your opinion about this table and coffee table set.. i tink it's fantastic but missus thinks it sux.. zzz

so let us have your opinions!

c06bc9cc.jpg

60dbefc9.jpg

erm...for me looks normal lor....for that price, go hommage...u can get nicer ones? :lol:

erm...for me looks normal lor....for that price, go hommage...u can get nicer ones? :lol:

really?? but the thing is... the entire set (14 pcs) of dining and coffee table going for 999!!!! sighs... where's this hommage u speak about?

Today not in the right mind to think of anything :( ....internet down....injure my head @ worksite...now "gong gong" :wacko:

Today not in the right mind to think of anything :( ....internet down....injure my head @ worksite...now "gong gong" :wacko:

wa sei... hope your creative juices never "leak" out haha.. take care man! looking thru quotation now will meet up with u next week (prob weekday) and discuss!

wa sei... hope your creative juices never "leak" out haha.. take care man! looking thru quotation now will meet up with u next week (prob weekday) and discuss!

juices didn't come out...blood only and also "ba lu ku".. :(

Edited by jaskel

wa lao.. so jia lat ah? better see doc if got concuss feeling hor.. head injuries no joking joking matter

I'm booked on fri nite by other hse owner...just to let u know 1st. :P

bro jaskel, better go c doc for u head injury...dun play play...hope u feeling better.

bro jaskel, better go c doc for u head injury...dun play play...hope u feeling better.

dun worry abt bro jaskel, his head injury should be fine cos he can still remember his first love....haha

really?? but the thing is... the entire set (14 pcs) of dining and coffee table going for 999!!!! sighs... where's this hommage u speak about?

it's at 25 tai tong crescent. jus behind the old jacksons food centre.

take a look and widen ur choices then u decide lor. maybe wifey see something she and you like there then price ok, then ok mah!

Was on leave today so I decided to pop down to the Citygas gallery at TripleOne Somerset.. Was inspired to get the heater and maybe the dryer since I've been seeing their adverts on the Circle Line..

So anyway thought I'll share what I learnt today from their helpful promoters :D

City Gas Water Heater

Promotional price till end-July: $128 (not inclusive of $60 prework installation)

088.jpg

Basically what I gleamed from the promoter was that the heater was powered by 1 single battery (to ignite the flame when gas is pumped), so can save on electricity. You can literally see the blue flame burning from a hole in the middle :jawdrop: looked abit dangerous. So must remember to switch it off once you finish using it.

Next, the promoter actually opened the door of the shower room they had on display and let me feel the temperature of the water! The water was steaming, but felt not-very-hot to the touch. What was bad about this heater is that water is only heated up to 45 deg C, instead of about 60 deg C for normal electrical heaters. I've read reviews too whereby it takes some time for the water to be heated up since the cold water in the pipes need to be "pushed" out first.. So one bad point there.. Will get hubby to bathe first next time so when it's my turn the water will be nice and hot ;)

Lastly, the worst thing about the heater are the 3 gigantic pipes that run out of it! 1 gas, 1 hot water and 1 cold water. Hubby is gonna hate this..

087.jpg

Before you even decide to buy the heater, you can get the Citygas guys to go down for a site survey to advise you on the placement etc of the heater.. Best thing is there's no obligations to buy, and it's free! Just need to give them a call to arrange.

City Gas Dryer

Promotional price till end-July: $588 (not inclusive of $100 prework installation)

089.jpg

I have been drooling over the idea of having a dryer for months now.. Imagine, no more bamboo poles, no more heaving heavy clothes out and no more worrying about bad weather! So this Citygas dryer is definitely something on my wishlist! And the promoter promises that the clothes will come out 100% dry (unlike some dryers)!

So the nice promoter tells me the dryer basically works in 2 ways: using either the humidity sensor or the timer function. The humidity function works much like other dryers where the drying process will stop once a certain humidity level is reached. So the bad thing is when you dry clothes of different material, they will have varied degrees of dryness when the dryer stops. You can override this function using the timer function, but I thought it seemed quite dangerous (what if my clothes chao tar? :( ) and the promoter also said it's not recommended.

If we purchase the dryer, it comes with either a free wall mount or standing rack. Took some pics of the wall mount on display for hubby to see, but doesn't seem too nice (or sturdy):

085.jpg

086.jpg

And what's worse is we don't intend to put the dryer anywhere near the window, and the awful vent on top of the dryer is on the left hand corner of the dryer! (our window is on the right). So the promoter suggested something called a flue which is an accordion-like tube used to channel the hot air out of the window. Theirs looks much sturdier than the one I saw at Courts previously since it's made of plastic, but $75 for a tube is not justified!! :bangwall:

Soooo.. Decisions decisions.. We have to decide whether we want to get these two items before end of this month! So many factors to consider.. The exposed piping, the ugliness of the heater and dryer, the fact that we wanna save our toilet wall tiles.. Headache!

City Gas Gallery (Somerset)

TripleOne 111 Somerset Road #01-10 S238164

Tel: 6732 6910

Email: gallery@citygas.com.sg

Operation Hours :

Monday – Friday : 8:30am to 6pm

Saturday : 8:30am to 1pm

Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays

hi marsbars...i had my citygas heater installed few weeks..i see no on/off switch..the installer mentioned there is no need to off the heater..it is safe..

just compare with your hob cooker fire..they work similarly..hehe

also it is powered by 2 batteries instead of one..

yes there will be 3 ugly pipes running around..if you are doing kitchen cabinet..make sure they are hidden in it..

the water will only heat up about 30 secs later after tap is open..u need to fully open the tap..then the fire will be ignited...

btw there is an installation charge of 60 bucks (for heater) and 100 bucks for gas pipe laying...

hope the above info helps..cheers!

:)