Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zappas8

Placement Of Bed

Hi, appreciate some help here in the placement of bed...

Due to space constraint, I can either place my bed 1) slightly in line with the doorway or 2) opposite the windows. Read that its not good to have the bed placed in a position such that the feet faces the doorway which is the 'coffin' position... would it then be beter to place the bed opposite of the windows then? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Due to space constraint, I can either place my bed 1) slightly in line with the doorway or 2) opposite the windows. Read that its not good to have the bed placed in a position such that the feet faces the doorway which is the 'coffin' position... would it then be beter to place the bed opposite of the windows then? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.

Got any floorplan? before commenting.

Edited by bepgof

feet towards doors. other than the FS belief of coffin position, will you be comfortable if, you have guests in your house, and you are lying in bed with the doors open?

people looking in will be seeing u in a not so decent position/posture.

"unsighted" is the reason I can think of if legs pointing toward door whether to family member or outsiders with door open big big. I sometime lay & snoose off on granite flooring of hall/study area with legs open big big - I don't care! I feel "shiok" -the cooling feel is good. My mil has the same habit as mine! Home is a place where you should put down all you pressure, unwind all the tensions, do what you like as you deem fit, off course lah, cleanliness, tidy.....also important.

Older generation believed also beds must come with "bed head", now? Who care, effect? As good as before. Remembering when I was young & poor, sleeping in hall with brothers on those "portable spong sheet", tonight legs point here, next day legs point there, effects? I really missed those days very much!

I noticed, when one's stomach is full, he will find "this one cannot", "that one also cannot". If one's stomach is empty, then "everything can"!

Edited by bepgof

Hi, although I am not an expert in advising about bed positionings & FS, I would definitely not recommend that you position your bed opposite windows (i.e. when u sleep on your back, the soles of your feet will be facing the window). This is definitely a no-no. And not directly facing the door too! ALL your "QI" will be sucked out through these 2 avenues and supposedly, causing a sickly constitution. And for some unfortunate souls, the results could be fatal too!

I do not mean to scare you but this is based on my personal experience. When I first had a matrimonial flat, my bed was facing a full panel of windows. After sometime (maybe 6 months after), I had this numbing pain running down my right arm & fingers from my shoulder. I realised that I had difficulty typing on my keyboard while at work. To be honest, I was frightened, thinking that I was going to be down on a stroke at any point in time.

After consulting a doctor from Gethin Jones & Partner, the doc referred me to a neurosurgeon who scheduled a surgical procedure to tighten the nerves under my right armpit.

It was then that my hubby decided to engage a fengshui master because we had other concerns about the flat too. This FS whom we are still using (for the past 10 years already), audited the flat without any knowledge of my medical condition & other issues with our flat. When he entered our flat with the "luopan", he straight away told us to rectify our bed position, such that the bed post is against the panel of windows. He said no alternatives or shortcuts because it will affect the partner with the "lighter bazi", where in this case, I happen to be the one with the "lighter bazi".

He also explained to me that if we were to position it sideways to the windows, both partners (i.e. me & my spouse whose sleeping in the bed) will suffer from the same nerve ailment & require surgical operations. Both of us were shocked by his explanation, especially my hubby whose a sceptic with geomency.

The bed position was top-priority in instituting the changes for our flat. I told the FS master that I was supposed to go for the operation next week & he was so confident in telling me to cancel it, which of course, I did not. After the FS master left, my inlaws came with their drillers to bring apart the European king size bed. It took 4 of my brother inlaws & my hubby 3 hours to assemble that mammoth of a bed to the recommended position.

At that juncture, I was worried about the after-effects. But miraculously, I was fully recovered on the third day, up till today. it's been 10 years already. The sleeping position is indeed very important.

I've had an elderly friend who used to sleep with his bed facing the doorway. The results were a disaster after 2 years. He had stroke, became bed-ridden & slipped into a coma. And died after dragging on for 3 painful years in the nursing home. Another neighbour who did the same with his bed position, became very sick (not sure what medical condition) after 1 year, became bed-ridden too & passed on after suffering for 5 years in & out of hospice care.

To most people, this is quite common sense already.

Using this to define a good master is like saying this master knows how to check the mirror before filtering off to another lane

Hi zappas8, further to my earlier response to your concern about bed placement, I would like to convey to you that apparently, there are people who are suited with their bed facing the window directly. This afternoon a neighbour staying at the lower floor needed help for babysitting her twin grand-daughters when the opennet staff came for installation of the fibre termination box. So I went down to help this aunty & was shocked that all their beds, including the twin toddlers' cots were facing the windows!

When I asked the aunty, she mentioned that her daughter inlaw & son had their flat audited by tan khoon yoong (wayonnet) & he recommended such an arrangement. She said that she herself was not agreeable initially because it was a well-known taboo in her perception. But TKY said that not everybody is suited for such a bed placement but it worked for them.

I think you could make an attempt to drop by wayonnet with the photo of your bedroom & see if TKY's staff could provide any free advice out of goodwill.