Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
whitefantasy

Panasonic Air-con *latest Model*

Any bros & sis using this model currently?

CU-3C20KKZ / CS-C9KKZW x 3

Pls comment if the unit will be noisy as compared to other brands.

And in terms of performance how is it?

Pls share the pros & cons.

TIA

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Whitefantasy;

I'm not sure the billing is going to be a factor for your consideration of A/C purchase.

As this model did cross my mind. I was however put off by the low COP

(Coefficient of Performance or COP means the ratio of the total cooling capacity expressed as Watts to the total effective input power expressed as Watts) (also 2 ticks) and if compared to a Daikin/ Sanyo sys3 non-inverter; assuming running all 3 aircoils at 8hrs daily..

the electricity bill is expected to cost $250 more per year according to NEA.

cheers.

Any bros & sis using this model currently?

CU-3C20KKZ / CS-C9KKZW x 3

Pls comment if the unit will be noisy as compared to other brands.

And in terms of performance how is it?

Pls share the pros & cons.

TIA

Edited by dexufto

Hi Whitefantasy;

I'm not sure the billing is going to be a factor for your consideration of A/C purchase.

(Coefficient of Performance or COP means the ratio of the total cooling capacity expressed as Watts to the total effective input power expressed as Watts) (also 2 ticks) and if compared to a Daikin/ Sanyo sys3 non-inverter; assuming running all 3 aircoils at 8hrs daily..

cheers.

I'm not exactly sure if this is true, but the aircon salesman told me that non-inverter sys3 can only efficiently run 2 aircon output at the same time, as the condenser only has 2 units within. Running 3 output would not achieve optimal temperature and hence, will suffer a longer load period as the aircon is constantly working at 100% but not able to reach its set temperature and engage power saving mode.

Then again, another salesman told me that buying sys2 inverter is also not worth it if you run 1 aircon output. He explains that unlike non-invertor which has 2 units in the condenser and turning on one output will only activate one unit, inverter condenser does not have this split unit advantage and turning on one output will activate the whole condenser. But not sure whether power consumption is higher compared to non-inv 1 output.

i'm also looking at the same panasonic system from gain-city. does anyone know if the e-ion filter needs to be regularly replaced? or where to buy it?

i'm also looking at the same panasonic system from gain-city. does anyone know if the e-ion filter needs to be regularly replaced? or where to buy it?

the disadvantage of the panasonic is that its remote control 'beam' has a very narrow angle compared to Mitsuhbishi and Sanyo. I often have to point the panasonic control at the unit to control it whereas my mitsubishi, i can use the control anywhere in the room.

Edited by erwin123

Hi Whitefantasy;

cheers.

Hi dexufto,

You seem to be knowledgeable in aircons. Can you advice me too on whether its worth buying a Daikin system-3 inverter aircon which is $800 more than a non-inverter type? Pls advice on this brand. I normally ON 3-units for 8hrs. everyday on weekdays. Weekends about 10-12hrs.

Thanks in advance.

Hi dexufto,

You seem to be knowledgeable in aircons. Can you advice me too on whether its worth buying a Daikin system-3 inverter aircon which is $800 more than a non-inverter type? Pls advice on this brand. I normally ON 3-units for 8hrs. everyday on weekdays. Weekends about 10-12hrs.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Miss_YB

To begin with;

1) Find out the BTUs required for to cool your room(s);

General guide is calculate the Area (Length in metres x Breath in metres) x 600.

Having this figure tells you the fancoil size to choose for each room.

e.g 4.2m x 3m x 600 = 7560 BTU, hence I would look for fancoil able to support the above BTU

using Daikin inverter for e.g would be FTKS25DVM, up 8530BTU

2) Add up the total 3 BTUs would tell you the Condenser size required;

e.g Find the condenser which is able to to support the sum of Max BTU capacity,

assuming that all are using 7560 BTU fancoils and using Daikin inverter for e.g would be 3MKS71ESG;

up to 24225BTU

3) Check your usage; Inverter or non-inverter?

I would stick to your choice of Inverter.. in terms of your usage.

4) What brands then?

According to figures from NEA, Daikin A/C seems to peform better with COPs. I do understand that Daikin generally cost more than other brands, however on the long run, it is more cost efficient as well.

So back to our above example; I would choose the best (or highest) COP that fits my condensor. In this case, the configuration would be as italics above.

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/produc...ils.asp?id=2448

5) which retailer?

At this juncture, there's some highly recommended retailers amongst the forum like GC, creationair, HT and Imperial..

Get your quotes for the above configurations; ask specifically what pipes/ insulation (type- armaflex? Thermoflex?; thickness 1/2inch? 1/4 inch? class?) it comes with. Do note the quality of worksmanship (feedback from the forumers) as a consideration. This allows you to compare apple with apple.

Quotes usually doesn't include A/C racks as well.

Difference in price ranges should lie around around $90- $200.

6) extended warranty?

After much consideration; extended warranty (if given check specifically if it covers the inverter-board card) is not really necessary as coverage if warrant by the retailer and not the manufactuer (Daikin) where you get replacements..

These are my 2-cents worth. Hope this answers your question. :P