Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ALAN1388

3 Room In Amk

Alan, u can save also from garage sales, and those furniture warehouse sales at ulu industrial areas, where there are a lot of blangahs. playfair road is one area where i rem buying my Sitoca computer table at a steal. around 50 to 80 bucks cheaper comparing to buying from those nice and gleaming showrooms. also bought those not really very nice 1 set furniture only at $599, which includes dressing table, wardrobe, bedframe, mattress and small side table. total 5 pc set. go to S&C furniture for very nice and affordable ones too.

okie, for your reno, save money by co-ordinating yourself. like for ex: by having separate ones for painting, wires installation, etc etc.

last time, our budget also only around 15k to 17k, but its impossible to do it with that kinda budget, somemore, my flat is 30 yrs old, and a 4A! so dun be disheartened, there will always be ways of coping around this $$$ issues. got budget then do. no budget, then dun do the unneccessary

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Everyone,

thanks for alll the kind advise many of you have generously offered.

i been through ups and down recently, considering everything. Finally, we decided to take a loan to do up the house. i dont know if this is the right decision....i will have to bear the brunt....

Anyway, this is it. I got an ID (jacky from IDEAL DESIGN INTERIOR) to do up my house, which will hopefully be comfy and livable for at least the next 10 yrs

Pls allow me to share the design:

kitchenamended.th.jpg

tvconsoleamended.th.jpg

hoecabinetamended.th.jpg

These drawings are not that accurate...

Let me know your comments ok?

Work in progress liao and should complete around mid nov...just in time for me to move in before my wedding.

Stressful times..... i hope everything goes well.

Edited by ALAN1388

The 3-D look fabulous.

Remember you are building some carpentry in your MBR and redoing the toliets as well right?

How is the quote, if you can you may list it here for the rest of the forumers to scruntise the cost. :)

How much was the quote btw?

Hi Everyone,

i been through ups and down recently, considering everything. Finally, we decided to take a loan to do up the house. i dont know if this is the right decision....i will have to bear the brunt....

Anyway, this is it. I got an ID (jacky from IDEAL DESIGN INTERIOR) to do up my house, which will hopefully be comfy and livable for at least the next 10 yrs

Work in progress liao and should complete around mid nov...just in time for me to move in before my wedding.

Hi Everyone,

Pls allow me to share the design:

kitchenamended.th.jpg

tvconsoleamended.th.jpg

hoecabinetamended.th.jpg

nice 3D renderings... what is the estimated cost of the confirmed design as per your ID's impression? the tv console, AFAIK won't be cheap...

nice 3D renderings... what is the estimated cost of the confirmed design as per your ID's impression? the tv console, AFAIK won't be cheap...

hopefully the eventual product is at least smiliar to the drawings.

overall its about 25K.

bascially the work includes:

knocking tiles for entire hourse

new tiles for entire house

carpentry include master wardrop, shoe cabinet in hall, kitchen cabinet, tv console

glass sliding door diving hall and kitchen

slight re-wiring work

building partition for store room

providing sliding door and store rm and 2x toilet.

and small minor repair work aournd the house.

Now shopping for furnitures. anyone has experience with catalogue furnitires? pls share as i am seroius considering

hopefully the eventual product is at least smiliar to the drawings.

Now shopping for furnitures. anyone has experience with catalogue furnitires? pls share as i am seroius considering

Quite a few fellow forumers went to either Hommage (near the old Jackson coffeeshop) or S&C Furnitures (near AMK swimming). U can try both. I went to both, the lady at S&C was approachable. She told us that we need to know the colours before ordering. The man (i think the boss) at Hommage was also nice to bring us ard. To us sofa is a must try and test out before ordering. The rest like cupboards, shoe racks, dining table still can order thru catalogue. Just read thru vana's tblog (4rm at cassia crescent). She ordered some stuff from Hommage.

Edited by gals_mama