Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
neubie

Revamp Of A 40yo 3rm Pigeonhole...

Noted, will be in the same format as you bro.

I wanted a 1 fix, 2 slide as well, but the cost of it will be more ex according to my contractor :(

Isuppose the space between the shalves and glass is meant for your fridge?

Looking forward to see your outcome of the sliding glass. Jia-you!

yup, no prizes for guessing it right!!! it's for the humble fridge :D the glass partition doors will be expensive... ranging from 1k9 onwards...but i had really wanted the unit to look expansive and spacious, hence opted for glass partition.

Tempered glass... tried using my fingers to scrape away the logo to see if it's cheong one, in the end my fingernails were scratched instead :D :D :D

IMG_1336.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Round hook for the 60" KDK

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

Motor assembly with safety wire attached...

IMG_1277.jpg

Done, but the canopy cover is slightly slanted...need to see what can be done.... looks a bit low, can touch the blades with my hands extended.... :(

IMG_1278.jpg

Where do you get the round hook ?

finalized kitchen cabinet layout... small enough to fit in a 3-burner hob with magic corners and 4 drawers and wire basket drawer below the hob

cabinet.jpg

shoe cabinet cum electrical/telecom riser...

Shoecabinet.jpg

Full-height TV console (inspired by forummer Goobii) drafted by myself...

tvconsole.jpg

hey neubie! am really amaze by your reno process... and you know exactly what is going on..

ha ha... I am very impress by your knowledge on those electric stuff.. pipes.. blah blah....

mine is also an 30-yr-old 3I... so the layout is similar to yours....

really a bold move to have a smaller kitchen done... so my understanding is your sink and wm is side-by-side?

still can use the rubbish chute? where will be the water outlet for the wm then?

a new wm brand - Candy is brought in by Courts, supposed to be only 40mm in depth..

will be good to tuck into that area...

hey neubie! am really amaze by your reno process... and you know exactly what is going on..

ha ha... I am very impress by your knowledge on those electric stuff.. pipes.. blah blah....

mine is also an 30-yr-old 3I... so the layout is similar to yours....

really a bold move to have a smaller kitchen done... so my understanding is your sink and wm is side-by-side?

still can use the rubbish chute? where will be the water outlet for the wm then?

a new wm brand - Candy is brought in by Courts, supposed to be only 40mm in depth..

will be good to tuck into that area...

thanks, cos i figure out i will at most cook maggi mee and pan-fry sausages/eggs for makan, so forego the original kitchen space and make the living room as large as possible... the entire LR is approx 21.3ft subdivided into dining area and living area...

the low-wall is a separator for the kitchen sink and WM, ie, the kitchen sink is back-to-back with the WM... most standard 7.5kg wm has a footprint of 2ft x 2ft (60cm x 60cm). so for my case, given a 4ft long low-wall, I have ample space (left about 2ft) for the rubbish chute and storage of laundry baskets, buckets, etc...

initially I wanted another rectangular basin side-by-side with the WM, but after some sanity check, better dun, as the low-wall will need to be longer to cater for this additional sink (after factoring the rubbish chute max opening)

given the low-height of the wall, i'll still be able to access the kitchen sink for a quick rinse of my soapy hands while doing laundry....

water outlet will be between the WM and rubbish chute, so able to flush the chute occasionally ;) dun worry, spell out your requirements to ur ID/con, and he will ask his guys to do accordingly.... ;p

A tip for those who are retaining the windows/grilles... after demolition work, sure lots of dust settling around in the casement/sliding window tracks. opening/closing them will be very coarse.... before painting starts, vacuum the tracks and friction stays on the windows, get a can of WD40, spray generously on them, let WD40 work and soften the old stains/old paint and clean off with rags....

A tip for those who are retaining the windows/grilles... after demolition work, sure lots of dust settling around in the casement/sliding window tracks. opening/closing them will be very coarse.... before painting starts, vacuum the tracks and friction stays on the windows, get a can of WD40, spray generously on them, let WD40 work and soften the old stains/old paint and clean off with rags....

Yeah, guess I have to keep the old grilles for now... thanks for the info.. but what is WD40? :P

thanks, cos i figure out i will at most cook maggi mee and pan-fry sausages/eggs for makan, so forego the original kitchen space and make the living room as large as possible... the entire LR is approx 21.3ft subdivided into dining area and living area...

the low-wall is a separator for the kitchen sink and WM, ie, the kitchen sink is back-to-back with the WM... most standard 7.5kg wm has a footprint of 2ft x 2ft (60cm x 60cm). so for my case, given a 4ft long low-wall, I have ample space (left about 2ft) for the rubbish chute and storage of laundry baskets, buckets, etc...

initially I wanted another rectangular basin side-by-side with the WM, but after some sanity check, better dun, as the low-wall will need to be longer to cater for this additional sink (after factoring the rubbish chute max opening)

given the low-height of the wall, i'll still be able to access the kitchen sink for a quick rinse of my soapy hands while doing laundry....

water outlet will be between the WM and rubbish chute, so able to flush the chute occasionally ;) dun worry, spell out your requirements to ur ID/con, and he will ask his guys to do accordingly.... ;p

Actually that was my initial plan... except for doing up the 2x2 ft low wall...

Den I realized it will be too narrow if I keep the basin lor.... cos you have moved it into the bathroom rt...

Think I have to keep the "I"-shaped kitchen layout.... cos not going to re-tile to save cost... ha ha ha...

But really like the reno of your new old flat.. looks so spacious and clean....

the kitchen wall tiles are very pretty lor... ha ha...

now I am waiting to see the wall colours of the bedrooms.... :)

Edited by Esther192

Actually that was my initial plan... except for doing up the 2x2 ft low wall...

Den I realized it will be too narrow if I keep the basin lor.... cos you have moved it into the bathroom rt...

Think I have to keep the "I"-shaped kitchen layout.... cos not going to re-tile to save cost... ha ha ha...

But really like the reno of your new old flat.. looks so spacious and clean....

the kitchen wall tiles are very pretty lor... ha ha...

now I am waiting to see the wall colours of the bedrooms.... :)

I-shaped layout? how does it look? started your t-blog of ur unit? :unsure:

nothing fanciful about the bedroom wall colors, same uniform colors as LR.... for a small flat, use same color to create a maximized space effect... different colors for different rooms gives the impression of a visually "smaller" look...

The 1001 uses for WD40

Edited by neubie

I-shaped layout? how does it look? started your t-blog of ur unit? :unsure:

nothing fanciful about the bedroom wall colors, same uniform colors as LR.... for a small flat, use same color to create a maximized space effect... different colors for different rooms gives the impression of a visually "smaller" look...

The 1001 uses for WD40

Not sure if wanna start a t-blog leh... dunno if got time not... :unsure:

Not sure if wanna start a t-blog leh... dunno if got time not... :unsure:

most hp come with camera... just snap and post lor....not that difficult... :rolleyes:

Hi neubie, thanks a lot for documenting your renovation process!

I've recently purchased a 3rm at the Toa Payoh North side, the layout of my flat is exactly the same and is 37 years in age, almost the same as yours.

I'll like to know if you'll be able to pm me the total reno cost? I'm planning to overlay the entire house with laminated panes for living, MBR and CR and normal homogeneous tiles for the kitchen and utility room. Will hack and re-tile the two bathrooms as well, planning to open a door in the MBR to the shower room and wall up the entrance to the shower room from the kitchen. Other than that, I'm planning to do almost exactly the same things that you've done so far :) All the best for the rest of your reno process, I'll be reading this thread with much interests :D

Hi neubie, thanks a lot for documenting your renovation process!

I've recently purchased a 3rm at the Toa Payoh North side, the layout of my flat is exactly the same and is 37 years in age, almost the same as yours.

I'll like to know if you'll be able to pm me the total reno cost? I'm planning to overlay the entire house with laminated panes for living, MBR and CR and normal homogeneous tiles for the kitchen and utility room. Will hack and re-tile the two bathrooms as well, planning to open a door in the MBR to the shower room and wall up the entrance to the shower room from the kitchen. Other than that, I'm planning to do almost exactly the same things that you've done so far :) All the best for the rest of your reno process, I'll be reading this thread with much interests :D

near braddell mrt? sph?

Last minute the worktop guys came over to install... the entire L-shape piece was able to fit into the lift w/o the need to cut into half..... :yeah: but it's real heavy, judging from the 2 workers carrying...

Sink surrounding liberally applied with silicone and worktop pressed down...

IMG_1345.jpg

Sprayed some detergent solution on the areas, excess silicone cleaned up...

IMG_1346.jpg

Caulking compound applied to wall/worktop interface...

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg