Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ngunadi

Unknown Gas/air Under Stove Cabinet

Whenever I open my cabinets under the stove, my eyes feel hurt (and this is not only me).

But it's confirm not gas leak because I have called citygas and they came to check with tools and whatever, totally no leaks at all.

I suspect there is something between the cabinet wall to the kitchen wall. And since there is a gas pipe opens up, there is a hole (or gap) in this wall. And from this "hole", there is some gas emitting.

But what can it be??

Should I just leave it?

If i want to fix it, how? Open the whole cabinet? :S

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Whenever I open my cabinets under the stove, my eyes feel hurt (and this is not only me).

But it's confirm not gas leak because I have called citygas and they came to check with tools and whatever, totally no leaks at all.

I suspect there is something between the cabinet wall to the kitchen wall. And since there is a gas pipe opens up, there is a hole (or gap) in this wall. And from this "hole", there is some gas emitting.

But what can it be??

Should I just leave it?

If i want to fix it, how? Open the whole cabinet? :S

My cabinet has the same problem, but it can't be gas leak cos my home has no gas pipe at all :P according to my mom, she said it's due to some treatment or chemical they use when making the cabinet (but she is not a professional, so just treat what she said as FYI). she said it will go off over time...

my mom even said this smell can keep out insect so it's good :lol: almost wanted to faint when i heard this.

btw, gas from citigas should not give you the "burning" sensation, but you should be able to smell the natural gas (smell like those LNG)

Edited by marshmallow

is your kitchen cabinet newly build.

If yes, then it is due to that.

few way to remove the smell

1. open the cabinet to let it air

2. put pandan leave inside.

The smell should gone in like 1 mth time.. est est one

I agree with Threat. If the cabinet is newly built, the fumes comes out (not sure if it is from the plywood or from the adhesive they use)

Its so pungent that the eyes ware watering. But the smell is gone in 4 weeks time.

I agree with Threat. If the cabinet is newly built, the fumes comes out (not sure if it is from the plywood or from the adhesive they use)

Its so pungent that the eyes ware watering. But the smell is gone in 4 weeks time.

So good can go off in a month's time? Mine is 2 months liao, still can feel the "burning" sensation in my eyes... do you all keep the cabinets opened for the entire month??

oops paiseh... i just assumed ngunadi's cabinets are new cos his reno was just a while earlier than mine :)

I open the door wide open for nearly 1 mth and still got smell.

So.. put pandan leave it.

Now gone

thanks for the advice.. i should also go and buy pandan leaves...

also thanks Ngunadi for opening up this thread... :lol:

Confirmed it is the fumigation/chemical smell from plywood. Attacks nose & eyes.

Want to get the smell away fast? Put water in wide-open surface container, fan blow, through diffussion, smell will go fast.

Edited by bepgof

Normally its the glue to stick the laminates & PVC for the cabinets... its irritates the eyes most of the time. but it will be gone normally in a month if u frequently 'air' it.