Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BattlementG

Beware Of Furniture Club @ Imm ( Realy Dishonest Sales Method)

Hi everyone,

We are glad to inform you that our issue with FC has been resolved.

Through a friend, we are fortunate enough to get in touch with FC's GM who's willing to listen to our side of the story and take on the view from a bigger picture.

He will replace our present Kelvin G sofa set with a new one with the colour that we originally wanted. We thank him for his positive attitude in really trying to resolve this issue. This at least shows that the management still bothers about customer's feedback and problems.

Let's hope that everything will go well with the new sofa set. Like what Mandy_Choo74 said, all we want, as an end user, is just a solution to the problem on our purchase.

Finally, we wish to say a big thank you to fellow friends who have posted here to give their views and advice on this matter. It warms our heart to see that people on this forum really do care and are willing to help and offer suggestions if needed.

Thank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi everyone,

Through a friend, we are fortunate enough to get in touch with FC's GM who's willing to listen to our side of the story and take on the view from a bigger picture.

He will replace our present Kelvin G sofa set with a new one with the colour that we originally wanted. We thank him for his positive attitude in really trying to resolve this issue. This at least shows that the management still bothers about customer's feedback and problems.

Let's hope that everything will go well with the new sofa set. Like what Mandy_Choo74 said, all we want, as an end user, is just a solution to the problem on our purchase.

Finally, we wish to say a big thank you to fellow friends who have posted here to give their views and advice on this matter. It warms our heart to see that people on this forum really do care and are willing to help and offer suggestions if needed.

Thank you.

Good to hear that! At least this way FC has showcase their positive attitude in after sales service....

Cheers

Hi everyone,

Thank you.

Kudos to you FC for demonstrating great customer service and sound common sense ( a frequently rare commodity in the retail business) By the way, I too am the happy, and now even prouder, owner of two pieces of kelvin Giormani furniture which I bought in May.

Hi BattlementG,

I will leave your case to my director and our lawyer on the action to take on the matter.

Regards

Jerry Lee

Dear All Forumers,

Should any furniture or reno companies threaten you with legal action, please approach Small Claims Tribunal (SCT). I have attached the link below. It is a more direct way than through CASE and you do not need a lawyer.

Small Claims Tribunal

It is good to hear FC did something right for once. A sign of times? I sure hope so.

Yet, I would rather the whoe experience be pleasant. No need ot be super over the top nice but pleasant. Lawyers, small claims etc IMO really tells me something else. But then again it's just me. So let this also be a VERY IMPT lesson to ALL who are planning to buy stuff from ANY shop. Make sure the description of items and freebies are acurate. Do not feel shy to ask probing questions. Hesistation and unwillingless on the sales part should trigger alaram bells! DO NOT PROCEED TO PAY.

It is good to hear FC did something right for once. A sign of times? I sure hope so.

Yet, I would rather the whoe experience be pleasant. No need ot be super over the top nice but pleasant. Lawyers, small claims etc IMO really tells me something else. But then again it's just me. So let this also be a VERY IMPT lesson to ALL who are planning to buy stuff from ANY shop. Make sure the description of items and freebies are acurate. Do not feel shy to ask probing questions. Hesistation and unwillingless on the sales part should trigger alaram bells! DO NOT PROCEED TO PAY.

Wah Fatz, you really got grudge against FC... you from Montella?

Wah Fatz, you really got grudge against FC... you from Montella?

Yes sir seems like I do...I am a fair person but FC is da pits IMO. I really like to wish local businesses well, but some of them are just not well managed. But it's ok, seems like they are doing well enough and have some ardent supporters. :jawdrop:

anyone ever been to FC to have them tell you their up mkt range is Italian? KG sofas i believe...

Hi All,

I heard from one of my girl friend that she bought furnitures like sofa, tv console, coffee table and dining table set etc. Suppose to deliver in Sep 2009 but delayed to Oct 2009. On date of delivery, only dining table came. She waited another 2 months and some other items came but not all. FC asked her for payment. She demand for discount as she waited for so long and house warming was cancelled due to missing furnitures. FC refused and claim against my friend at small claim. Both parties went to court and apparently the representer from FC seems quite experience maybe due to the numerous visits to FC. My friend ultimately got a discount. The problem is that FC promise that they can deliver the good. Imagine you stay inside the unit and some furnitures are not in yet. You paid 50% deposit and the shop refuse to let you cancel the order...stuck!!

Hi All,

I heard from one of my girl friend that she bought furnitures like sofa, tv console, coffee table and dining table set etc. Suppose to deliver in Sep 2009 but delayed to Oct 2009. On date of delivery, only dining table came. She waited another 2 months and some other items came but not all. FC asked her for payment. She demand for discount as she waited for so long and house warming was cancelled due to missing furnitures. FC refused and claim against my friend at small claim. Both parties went to court and apparently the representer from FC seems quite experience maybe due to the numerous visits to FC. My friend ultimately got a discount. The problem is that FC promise that they can deliver the good. Imagine you stay inside the unit and some furnitures are not in yet. You paid 50% deposit and the shop refuse to let you cancel the order...stuck!!

It is best to put in a firm delivery date on the order during the purchase. You can cancel the order if they miss the delivery date, important thing is not to accept delivery. Once you accept the delivery then you can't cancel.

Hi All,

I really dunno why FC likes to take their customers to small claims when they cannot seem to honour their end of the contract. Anyways ...not the first time I have heard of their methods....maybe we should avoid such hassle and just stop buying from them to begin with?

Hi BattlemanG

We have and the public have heard what you have to say, we will refer this to our lawyer and hear what he has to say.

Will reply to you directly on this matter.

This is all we have to say for now.

Sincerely

Jerry Lee

We went to FC homes at beach road.

services was still alright, since we did not enter into any transactions yet.

Phew,

lucky i chanced upon this thread.

Is that a threat to the victim?

Why do you have to use the word "lawyer"?

I believe people are cultured enough,

to not lie on a public forum,

just to save a few hundreds.

If you were to sincerely wanting to solve the issue,

you just need to contact them for resolution.

yah lor.. i found that reply to be off-putting as well.

it was like - look, i have read what u said here and i don't want to deal with ur complaints, just speak to my lawyer.

i was puzzled why ppl was applauding him on that kinda response.

Phew,

Phew,

good stuff...looks like efforts to keep the thread alive paid off...

good stuff...looks like efforts to keep the thread alive paid off...

thats the least we can help one another here.

KG sofa is really comfortable,

no doubt.

Which other company is carrying this brand in Singapore ar?

Actaully,

me and wife prefer the Camrich sofa.

yah lor.. i found that reply to be off-putting as well.

it was like - look, i have read what u said here and i don't want to deal with ur complaints, just speak to my lawyer.

i was puzzled why ppl was applauding him on that kinda response.

It seems like nowadays furniture retailers are waging all out war on consumers..