Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

gosh... hope things get resolved soon... no worries, confirm will see the rainbow after the rain... my house leaking problem not solved yet also, still under X-files as to where the water comes from and they might want to drill... i just don't have the brainpower to go and think about it now, so using CNY as an excuse to forget it for now. after CNY then call HDB again to settle... anyways it does not irritate me now... i don't see any water anywhere and no new water stains after painting so far... but i know the leak is there somewhere, somehow... sigh...

on the bright side, ur wallpaper is nice! and u will enjoy ur dishwasher :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi January,

I can forward you my quotation if you want. Although 2 items will be out from your list, false ceiling and bi-fold door.

Pm me your email if you need it.

Washing machine, dishwasher stack.

5409357532_d211c7ef3e.jpg

Hi january,

i may need to make a steel frame like yours to hold dryer...like to check with u your contact for the steel frame...

so did u paint the legs???

@sfk7: thank you thank you sooo much for your quote.. it was really helpful. Interestingly I did shortlist your ID company, but didn't choose them in the end. Argh regret. But thank you so much!

@lazybum9: I've PM-ed you. Hope the info is useful!

So! Things are pretty settled... about 98%. We've bought mattresses from Getha, a Malaysian latex mattress producer. Their prices for latex mattresses are kinda hard to beat... plus they're Malaysian and I like to support South East Asian businesses :) I say I'm quite impressed with their mattress packaging. They came in a mattress bag and the pillows also came with lock and key. It's quite silly but I think it makes it that bit more special. So kudos to their marketing team.

Some pictures... (I apologise for the retro look... the iPhone is just so fun)

5525085833_d120599fcb.jpg

5525675926_097075be4b.jpg

5525083061_cf9f135a94.jpg

January, you find the most interesting companies to do business with! I like the packaging for the mattress. i have a theory that says if you care about the packaging, you care about your product too.

and don't be shy, give us rest of the pics of your house. your place looks great.

Some of the furniture came in today.

1. Bed from Le Mercier. Now I need to find a weird mattress size of 170cm width. Prolly have to custom make.

5329633922_a850343a9b_z.jpg

2. Slim divan from HDB shop. Just proves that you don't need to pay a lot to get good stuff! The bed above uses exactly the same steel legs. I'm gonna order two more of these for the other rooms.

5329630542_069f4d246e_z.jpg

3. Dining table and chairs from XZQT

5329031347_f569d0eb88_z.jpg

Alt view

5329640596_dd27e44b67_z.jpg

Everything's still plastic wrapped, because the reno has dragged on for so long and is not completed! Hopefully having all the furniture in will give the contractor a sense of urgency.

may i ask how much u paid for the bed from le mercier? it look so nice and simple. wonder if there is a model that can fit a king size mattress

@khimwoon: as far as I remember the bed only fits European sized mattresses. So European queen is 170cm width and the King which is 200cm.

edit: I'd like to add that I didn't have the best shopping experience with Le Mercier. I was not allowed to delay the delivery date of the bed even though my contractor had close connections with the owner of Le Mercier, and the delay was caused by the contractor's poor project management. The bed had to sit around a messy apartment for a few months and there is some damage to the leather frame (even after I plastic wrapped it) due to the frequent handling by the workers. If you forsee things like that to happen, I would highly recommend getting the furniture from somewhere else.

@madmilo: the brand of the divan is maxcoil. You can probably get it from any HDB shop but I got it from Sai Hup furniture decoration in Geylang East Central.

Edited by january

@khimwoon: as far as I remember the bed only fits European sized mattresses. So European queen is 170cm width and the King which is 200cm.

edit: I'd like to add that I didn't have the best shopping experience with Le Mercier. I was not allowed to delay the delivery date of the bed even though my contractor had close connections with the owner of Le Mercier, and the delay was caused by the contractor's poor project management. The bed had to sit around a messy apartment for a few months and there is some damage to the leather frame (even after I plastic wrapped it) due to the frequent handling by the workers. If you forsee things like that to happen, I would highly recommend getting the furniture from somewhere else.

@madmilo: the brand of the divan is maxcoil. You can probably get it from any HDB shop but I got it from Sai Hup furniture decoration in Geylang East Central.

so sorry to hear abt that... ya i jus drop by LM today... all the bed only fit European sized... got some really interesting bed but too bad cos i already got a sealy...

Some of the furniture came in today.

3. Dining table and chairs from XZQT

5329031347_f569d0eb88_z.jpg

Alt view

5329640596_dd27e44b67_z.jpg

Everything's still plastic wrapped, because the reno has dragged on for so long and is not completed! Hopefully having all the furniture in will give the contractor a sense of urgency.

how much did u pay for the extendable table??? is it normal 1.5m??? then extended length is???

hi january

would like to ask about yr dining table too. is there a gap in between the glass when extended? and any idea if it comes in dark glass?

hi january

would like to ask about yr dining table too. is there a gap in between the glass when extended? and any idea if it comes in dark glass?

hi froggy and lazy... i think i can answer on jan behalf for the table...

its a "hyper" extendable table from calligaris... you can get them from xzqt...

dimension 1600mm x 900mm and can be extended to 2200mm (correct me if i'm wrong cos its base on my memory)...

glass got normal greenish glass, greyish glass, white glass etc...

when extended... there minimal gap... quality is good... price reasonable too at abt 2.5k after discount...

initially wanted this table but the sharp edge stopped me... worry my wife bang into it... end up getting a airport table instead...

man.. i really have been missing out lots while i was away from RT for my wedding and what nots.

finally done reading up your blog and what a journey!

hope justice can be done man and yes, pay no money for that donkey (i'm jus being polite here)!

hang in there and meanwhile, trust the law of attraction; focus on the end result - that you're house is gonna be d a r n nice!

and it is. it really is. look at your selections! they're awesome!

i really like xzqt! in fact, was at xzqt at pandan (think is cheaper there) a few times and was close to selecting a sofa.

alas, we spotted a sale at lifestorey and was love at first sight with our current sofa.

balcony! yes, it really gives a gardeny relax mood! careful with the white pebbles though. i have some in a vase. for some reason, they turn black and brown d a r n easily.

i'm assuming the white pebbles are all the same though.

wall paper's texture is gd.

but may i ask the RHS of the tv console with the vertical box is shelves eh?

gd choice on MEGA. i bought all my appliances from there too!

looking forward to see more of your house! esp the Fontana Arte Floor Lamp!

@khimwoon: thanks for helping me answer some questions! anyway have you heard of Sanctuary Dian at 12A Jalan Ampas? If you have a particular bed design in mind you can ask them to custom make it for you. Their prices are not exorbitant and the owners are realllly nice people.

@May_dream1: The mattress is by Getha. Their showroom is at Furniture Mall (Beach Rd) level 1.

@lazybum9: the table is from XZQT and 1.6m but can go up to 2.4m when extended. I think there are only 2 choices for the glass - clear and smoke.

@ne0mesis: Hello there! Hoped you had a great wedding and what nots :) Thank you for the compliments... XZQT is a really good furniture store. I asked them to delay the delivery of the table at least 3 times, and everytime they said okay. The Pandan store is their warehouse/clearance spot so the things there are usually cheaper.

Seems like everyone loves the balcony... glad I did something right there :) About the pebbles. Do you have water in the vase with the pebbles? I think the moisture is causing algae to grow on it. Mine's so far so good.

The box on the RHS contains my whole family's music collection. We're gonna digitise it and put it on a NAS though... Yeah most of my music I listen in digital form but I still like to buy CDs/vinyls. Dunno why.

a little rant.

Can you believe there's no Fibre internet at my building. They just built the d-a-mn thing for goodness sakes. Was it so hard to wire the fibre into the framework during the construction. &$^*$@*#&$#*$ ChinaConstructionCompany (i think that is the actual name of the chinese construction company that build the condo).