Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

(I am going to regret that title in about 2 weeks...)

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I joined and I found the t-blogs to be a great resource for homeowners. I decided to start one now so as to keep track of how things are progressing.

So, I am renovating a 4br condo, about 1700 sq ft. However due to the bay windows *curses under breath* the real floor area is probably much smaller. At full capacity there would be 6 occupants in the flat.

First, the floorplan.

5044212766_fc940f9615_z.jpg

And then the layout.

5044243114_ff449ac495_b.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm leaving this blank for now.

When the reno is complete the final photos would be here.

Edited by january

Some 3D drawings...

Living Rm

5044258494_7517752b8f_z.jpg

We really love our lights. We decided not to do cove lights at the ceiling but to put it at the back panel where it would illuminate the console wall.

We didn't tell the ID before this, but we have a painting that looks really similar to the one below.

5044285256_b2ff9193b7_z.jpg

Edited by january

Dining Rm

5044248948_49f50f7b24_z.jpg

This one has a different mirror design. Which mirror is better?

5044303806_0071bfc939_z.jpg

I'm not sure about the mirror in the dining room. ID says that it will create the illusion of space... the truth is, the mirror is not reflecting anything nice in particular so it could be redundant. Another option would be to convert that area into a photo wall. What do you all think?

And here's the master bedroom.

We're going for a modern American look, but bolder.

God forbid the wallpaper looking exactly like that, but I understand that this is a 3D rendering and stuff like that is subject to change...

5044355796_265f10580e_z.jpg

Dining Rm

I'm not sure about the mirror in the dining room. ID says that it will create the illusion of space... the truth is, the mirror is not reflecting anything nice in particular so it could be redundant. Another option would be to convert that area into a photo wall. What do you all think?

Welcome to RT! I like this mirror better. Maybe cos it will reflect the lights opp it so it will make the space brighter and bigger.

Welcome to RT! I like this mirror better. Maybe cos it will reflect the lights opp it so it will make the space brighter and bigger.

Yup. I like mirrors too.. But mine was done without much "Extension" effect.

I believe the mirrors need to cover the edge of the wall to have the extension effect.

Oh for wallpaper, you might need to be more bold with the color tone and patterns. I had a white wallpaper with fine threads and now it looks like a wall painted in white. Very ugly.

Dining Rm

perhaps ur ID was trying to reflect the view out of the windows. cos it appears to me tt d view out of d windows is unblocked and wif d horizon so far away, the reflection will indeed create an illusion of space, as well as afford ur dining guests a wonderful view whichever direction they look.

bt i think it'll only work wif the second mirror design, and not the 1st. cos the 1st design has too many bevels and grooves criss-crossing in the middle of the mirror. if cost is not an issue, use a gigantic single piece better still.

Dining Rm

I prefer the 2nd one too! 1st one seems to have to many "grids" :P

welcome and all the best for your reno~ :yamseng:

Dining Rm

i think the second design is better. looks more classy to me

btw, welcome to RT :D

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. :)

@het: East side... not gonna reveal anymore than that at this moment.

@berry_surprise: what do you mean your bay windows used to be a dumpster?

perhaps ur ID was trying to reflect the view out of the windows. cos it appears to me tt d view out of d windows is unblocked and wif d horizon so far away, the reflection will indeed create an illusion of space, as well as afford ur dining guests a wonderful view whichever direction they look.

bt i think it'll only work wif the second mirror design, and not the 1st. cos the 1st design has too many bevels and grooves criss-crossing in the middle of the mirror. if cost is not an issue, use a gigantic single piece better still.

If only the view from the dining room were like the one in the 3D... But no. The dining room actually faces our neighbour's dining room, and the distance between the two rooms is so close that you can have a normal conversation through the windows. Here's what it looks like for real.

5050869783_759cbec95c_z.jpg

Kinda blah. So yeah, that window is probably gonna be covered most of the time... should the mirror still be there?

Oh, I can't use a single piece cuz it wouldn't be able to fit into the lift... and no I'm not crazy enough to ask a crane to lift it up there!

Edited by january

I'm still hunting for a decent looking dining table!

If it weren't for space and price constraints I would have gone for this one (Lingotto by Bonaldo, avail from XZQT Ochard at astronomical prices)

md_240_2.jpg

Imagine this table and that beveled mirror... Too d a m n bling. Thank goodness for space and price constraints.

This is a more realistic option. Omnia by Caligaris, also from XZQT (they have lovely tables there!)

omnia_cs4058-lv_wien_cs1091.jpg

I really like them chairs.

Edited by january