Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

All the lights are up!

Well, except for 2 halogens in the dry kitchen area. I did the trough light thing and I don't think it looks that fantastic... maybe they still need to put finishing touches on it?

@reglxt: Fontana Arte Toobo lamp was selling for around $3K at Marquis. Go check them out.

So. The fan debacle. My contractor installed the A11YS in the living room, and it's way too small. I told him I wanted a bigger one. But he insisted for the A11YS each blade was 44 inches i.e the whole fan would be 88 inches wide, and he's WRONG. Seriously you're a contractor can't you call the KDK guys to confirm instead of arguing with me. *facepalm*. I had to move the fan point when I actually didn't need to. I'm not paying for that bit of hacking and plastering. It was his responsibility to measure all the items properly and I'm not gonna give him cash to do things which didn't need to be done in the first place.

[/rant]

Edited by january

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
All the lights are up!

Well, except for 2 halogens in the dry kitchen area. I did the trough light thing and I don't think it looks that fantastic... maybe they still need to put finishing touches on it?

@reglxt: Fontana Arte Toobo lamp was selling for around $3K at Marquis. Go check them out.

So. The fan debacle. My contractor installed the A11YS in the living room, and it's way too small. I told him I wanted a bigger one. But he insisted for the A11YS each blade was 44 inches i.e the whole fan would be 88 inches wide, and he's WRONG. Seriously you're a contractor can't you call the KDK guys to confirm instead of arguing with me. *facepalm*. I had to move the fan point when I actually didn't need to. I'm not paying for that bit of hacking and plastering. It was his responsibility to measure all the items properly and I'm not gonna give him cash to do things which didn't need to be done in the first place.

[/rant]

3K for a lamp ah.. i way burst my budget for the reno LOL nervous-sweating.gif

too many last minute add ons.. will think about it next time thanks Jan

Edited by reglxt

I love the Caligaris too, would you have visited the Pandan cresent?

they may have sale now and then :)

If you have a good working relationship with your ID, get him/her to buy the chairs on your behalf. On top of a discount, your ID should get another trade discount. It can be quite substantial.

Hehe, but this can only happen if your ID is willing not to 'earn' from you for this transaction.

:)

Thanks for the tip!

Now I need to think of how to sweet talk my ID into doing something like that for me :)

@reglxt:

Ack. Last minute add ons. I guess that's why your handover is delayed.

I think my actual reno cost is lower than proposed because we're taking out more and more stuff as the reno progresses... (and the handover is still delayed!)

Maybe there's now enough to do a strip of vertical garden in the balcony? Cuz that would be really cool.

I'm thinking of putting artificial grass on the balcony area. A bit of greenery is always welcome.

@dexufto: Do you mean XZQT at Pandan? I've only been to XZQT at ION. I'm done buying furniture for the place for now, although I don't have a coffee table. Just so sick of looking at furniture!

Was thinking of customaking a long ottoman with wheels which I can use as seating or coffee table or leg rest when I need it. Any recommendations?

Edited by january

Some more pictures today.

Light trough at entrance & dining room.

5283255560_e87a624e75_z.jpg

It definitely looks better in the picture.

Unfinished TV console + display rack. The mirror backing on the display shelf would be installed ... next week. sigh.

5283255566_68fe52fa26_z.jpg

This next one illustrates a problem.

5283255572_10a07f94b4_z.jpg

The light you see is actually coming from ... the next room!

We had lights run along the curtain pelmet and forgot about this bit of glass that's dividing the two rooms. Now when one room switches on this light, the other room will get it too! Definitely not good if one decides to stay up late and the other wants some shut eye... Will need to get some gypsum to cover this up.

The marble top is going onto the bay windows tomorrow... quite excited to see what it will look like.

Lovely! wish i had the space and moolas to do the same for my entrance but i had none.. signz..

Went back to your earlier posts and see your 3D pics, you really laying marble top by your bay windows.. Wow never see anything similar before lo, please post pics when its done ya! :)

My contractor has cocked up.

Look at this.

5284842569_99561969c0_z.jpg

Can't believe he can get the measurement of a simple, straight line bay window WRONG.

When I called him up, he said that he'll fix it and quickly hung up.

It's a bit rude really.

My contractor has cocked up.

Look at this.

5284842569_99561969c0_z.jpg

Can't believe he can get the measurement of a simple, straight line bay window WRONG.

When I called him up, he said that he'll fix it and quickly hung up.

It's a bit rude really.

mind to share how much per ft is your marble top???

Some pointers for you-

1 you are wise not to have the mirror at dining or there will be blow out reflection from it. an id sin!

2 you will have dark shadow below the top cabinet over the tv unless u do something about it........

3 your light trough is too wide from the rendered picture.reduce it if possible

4 should have use the same marble on the ledge and also do up the front the ledge. don't contrast it, less is more here so do not focus on the seat level, your main focus should be dining top! and higher..

sorry for being frank but i am a bastxxx sometime ha ha. Mean no harm bro :paint:

Some more pictures today.

looks really nice!

Some pointers for you-

1 you are wise not to have the mirror at dining or there will be blow out reflection from it. an id sin!

2 you will have dark shadow below the top cabinet over the tv unless u do something about it........

3 your light trough is too wide from the rendered picture.reduce it if possible

4 should have use the same marble on the ledge and also do up the front the ledge. don't contrast it, less is more here so do not focus on the seat level, your main focus should be dining top! and higher..

sorry for being frank but i am a bastxxx sometime ha ha. Mean no harm bro :paint:

(2) Okay this I didn't anticipate. What would be your recommendations to solving such a problem?

(3) The light trough is done... I can't do anything about it now.

(4) I don't understand what you mean by this. Oh wait, I get it now. You mean for the marble to be all the way to the glass right? Never thought about this before, but it's certainly a valid suggestion, although I can't do anything about it now.

looks really nice!

thanks reglxt!

2 The easy way is to light up the area behind the TV but the light should be soft and diffused. The idea is to offset the shadow and only not so much to cause distraction when watching TV. Or remove it, you will looking at the underside of the low top cabinet when sitting at the sofa which i prefer a cleaner look instead.

4 I meant to do all the way from floor up to the ledge using the same floor material throughout. Then again, looking back if u are building a display unit on that ledge why not just use the material as the display in the first place?

Also if possible change your dining chair, the shining metal base does not blend well with the wood table base. I will look for wood base with or without fabric, or fabric or leather throughout chair. Or at least take a matte base version.

Edited by 77suns

Different strokes for different folks.

Sometimes the most contrasting things placed together with some other binding factors might just turn out to be fantastic. Saw some examples in interior design magazines.

So... let's just wait for the final product. Unless its all based on feng shui then you got me there as I know nuts about feng shui.