Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

i am not into fengsui too. But i thought this chair from Calligaris from XZQT match better given the same wood color as table.

Merry Christmas to all!

calligarischair.png

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Sometimes the most contrasting things placed together with some other binding factors might just turn out to be fantastic. Saw some examples in interior design magazines.

Words of wisdom. :) I'm looking forward to the transformation of your home.

My contractor is away on holiday, so the ID is currently doing the project management of the reno. Things are actually going MUCH BETTER now. My ID is really a big hero... managed to fix all the cock ups by the contractor, including replacing the marble top.

I got the story about the botched marble top. Apparently the contractor was trying to save a few bucks by doing the measurements himself, and then ordering the slabs from the marble supplier, and then asking his own men to fix the marble top. If everything goes well, this method is great. But if something goes wrong, then the (massive) liability falls on him. Now he has to replace the marble top from his own pocket, because he made a mistake. And those slabs of marble are not cheap... so I don't even think he's going to make that much from my reno. Which sucks for him. If it were some other contractor, they would probably have run away. So I'm glad my ID has a positive work attitude and wants to fix things up nicely for me. Kudos to my ID! Not so much to my contractor...

Let's hope things get better from now.

Haha, tale a break and enjoy your fruits of your purchase.

Yea, I've not come across a long ottoman with wheels yet, wil let you know if I come across one.

Neverthless Calligaris has an expandable coffee-table with wheels called flexy.

I happen to purchase this.

@dexufto: Do you mean XZQT at Pandan? I've only been to XZQT at ION. I'm done buying furniture for the place for now, although I don't have a coffee table. Just so sick of looking at furniture!

Was thinking of customaking a long ottoman with wheels which I can use as seating or coffee table or leg rest when I need it. Any recommendations?

Does having a blind at the area help? :unsure:

This next one illustrates a problem.

5283255572_10a07f94b4_z.jpg

The light you see is actually coming from ... the next room!

We had lights run along the curtain pelmet and forgot about this bit of glass that's dividing the two rooms. Now when one room switches on this light, the other room will get it too! Definitely not good if one decides to stay up late and the other wants some shut eye... Will need to get some gypsum to cover this up.

Good to hear that, I strongly believe a responsible id makes your renovation process much more enjoyable.

All the best and happy new year.

I got the story about the botched marble top. Apparently the contractor was trying to save a few bucks by doing the measurements himself, and then ordering the slabs from the marble supplier, and then asking his own men to fix the marble top. If everything goes well, this method is great. But if something goes wrong, then the (massive) liability falls on him. Now he has to replace the marble top from his own pocket, because he made a mistake. And those slabs of marble are not cheap... so I don't even think he's going to make that much from my reno. Which sucks for him. If it were some other contractor, they would probably have run away. So I'm glad my ID has a positive work attitude and wants to fix things up nicely for me. Kudos to my ID! Not so much to my contractor...

Let's hope things get better from now.

Stuff pending:

1. Proper installation of marble slabs at bay windows ( 5 or 6 Jan)

2. Plaster edges of bay window walls not covered by marble slabs (after 6 Jan)

3. Plumbing at service area to be installed (4 Jan)

4. Steel table to stack washing machine + dishwasher

5. Ceiling fan to be balanced

6. Re-plaster the ceiling

7. Re-paint whole apt w/ new paint colours

8. Wallpaper to be installed

9. MBR mirrored toiletries cabinet

10. Gypsum board btwn 2 bedrooms

11. Window grille in service area

12. Clear out blocked sink at MBR (dunno which irresponsible worker did this)

HO on the 15th... but I think it's unlikely.

And after that:

13. Window coverings

14. Furniture delivery

Edited by january

Just found out that this condo has a design guideline on metal gates... few days ago I went to Metalworks to order this beautiful gate from them, and now I can't use that design, need to settle for some ugly jail-type gates. Boo.

Also, some bathroom wall tiles are cracked. Defects team is rectifying right now.

On a brighter note, the custom carpentry in the MBR is done! There's a mirrored panel and also a bedside table, which looks really good. So I'm happy about that. The altar table is also done, and it looks okay if you don't scrutinize it so much. I forgot to bring my camera just now, but will post pics later.

Stuff pending:

4. Steel table to stack washing machine + dishwasher

Looking forward to seeing pic of this...table customised or purchased off the rack???

@lazybum9: Table is customised. We're gonna put the washing machine on top so it needs to be able to hold at least 80KG... will update once it's done.

Picture time :)

This is the altar. Spray paint glossy white. Obviously the finishing is not as smooth as those from Minotti... but it's good enough.

5323962718_d5f96bf3cf_z.jpg

5323360655_0e5376e65c_z.jpg

Bedside table in MBR. I really like this design, and it's quite well-made. This is one of the few items that made using solid wood.

5323355105_d4d1591c20_z.jpg

Decorative mirrored panel in MBR, which looks a lot more modern than I expected.

5323352405_c7dc9217b7_z.jpg

@lazybum9: Table is customised. We're gonna put the washing machine on top so it needs to be able to hold at least 80KG... will update once it's done.

Picture time :)

This is the altar. Spray paint glossy white. Obviously the finishing is not as smooth as those from Minotti... but it's good enough.

5323962718_d5f96bf3cf_z.jpg

5323360655_0e5376e65c_z.jpg

Bedside table in MBR. I really like this design, and it's quite well-made. This is one of the few items that made using solid wood.

5323355105_d4d1591c20_z.jpg

Decorative mirrored panel in MBR, which looks a lot more modern than I expected.

5323352405_c7dc9217b7_z.jpg

How's the 15 Jan HO target?

How's the 15 Jan HO target?

Seems possible! Will need to call the contractor tmr and start threatening reminding him...

indeed, nice reno!

btw, where did you get the coffee table (white with wheels) for the living room? And mnd sharing the price too :)

Thanks Lundquisto. I think you are referring to the müller rollkontainer.. We're gonna use that as a side table actually. We got it from Germany, costs a few hundred euros.