Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

@reglxt:

Ack. Last minute add ons. I guess that's why your handover is delayed.

I think my actual reno cost is lower than proposed because we're taking out more and more stuff as the reno progresses... (and the handover is still delayed!)

Maybe there's now enough to do a strip of vertical garden in the balcony? Cuz that would be really cool.

I'm thinking of putting artificial grass on the balcony area. A bit of greenery is always welcome.

@dexufto: Do you mean XZQT at Pandan? I've only been to XZQT at ION. I'm done buying furniture for the place for now, although I don't have a coffee table. Just so sick of looking at furniture!

Was thinking of customaking a long ottoman with wheels which I can use as seating or coffee table or leg rest when I need it. Any recommendations?

talking about greenery, i spotted some really nice artificial potted yucca in IMM maybe you can consider

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
talking about greenery, i spotted some really nice artificial potted yucca in IMM maybe you can consider

reglxt, which shop is this? I have yet to go to IMM in my search for home furnishings... There's a nursery right outside this condo, so I'll definitely get some potted plants from them after the move in.

haha that atas mirror, price also very atas. -.- But I guess it's worth it.

hey your home really looks good! :dribble:

sorry may i ask a silly question here... how you manage to ship your furniture from all over the world? how's the shipment fee like? :unsure:

Thanks marshmallow, and it's not even done yet :)

Well it's kinda like shipping cargo... you contact a shipping company in the country of origin to ship the goods, get the furniture company to help you do the paperwork to get tax rebates, and then you contact a freight forwarder in Singapore to receive the goods from the port on your behalf and deliver them to your home. Cost wise it really depends... it's cheaper if you can fill up a whole container. Surprisingly if you're buying designer furniture it can be significantly cheaper than buying from local stores, unless the local stores are having a sale. Then again you're only limited to existing stocks. Also if you're going for the classic English / modern American look, there are very few stores in Singapore that carry furniture like this that offer reasonable price and quality.

It's definitely more troublesome than buying from local stores, because what happens if there are defects and stuff. I wouldn't particularly recommend doing something like this unless you're familiar with the country you're ordering from.

@lazybum9: Table is customised. We're gonna put the washing machine on top so it needs to be able to hold at least 80KG... will update once it's done.

Picture time :)

This is the altar. Spray paint glossy white. Obviously the finishing is not as smooth as those from Minotti... but it's good enough.

5323962718_d5f96bf3cf_z.jpg

5323360655_0e5376e65c_z.jpg

Bedside table in MBR. I really like this design, and it's quite well-made. This is one of the few items that made using solid wood.

5323355105_d4d1591c20_z.jpg

Decorative mirrored panel in MBR, which looks a lot more modern than I expected.

5323352405_c7dc9217b7_z.jpg

Very nice reno! Can't wait to see the final result... :good:

reglxt, which shop is this? I have yet to go to IMM in my search for home furnishings... There's a nursery right outside this condo, so I'll definitely get some potted plants from them after the move in.

haha that atas mirror, price also very atas. -.- But I guess it's worth it.

i will take pics for you tmr..

much appreciated reglxt :)

today:

Marble slab installation/rectification

Furniture delivery - Double Bed from Le Mercier, Dining table + dining chairs from XZQT, Single bed from HDB shop :D

Some of the furniture came in today.

1. Bed from Le Mercier. Now I need to find a weird mattress size of 170cm width. Prolly have to custom make.

5329633922_a850343a9b_z.jpg

2. Slim divan from HDB shop. Just proves that you don't need to pay a lot to get good stuff! The bed above uses exactly the same steel legs. I'm gonna order two more of these for the other rooms.

5329630542_069f4d246e_z.jpg

3. Dining table and chairs from XZQT

5329031347_f569d0eb88_z.jpg

Alt view

5329640596_dd27e44b67_z.jpg

Everything's still plastic wrapped, because the reno has dragged on for so long and is not completed! Hopefully having all the furniture in will give the contractor a sense of urgency.

Edited by january

Hi January

can you share (or pm) the contact/price to HDB shop where you get the slim devan?

Is it made in solid wooden plank base or spring base?

I've been contemplating getting a mattress base from Ikea, they only have spring base.

btw, really enjoy how your place's been transforming - GREAT! esp. choice of furnitures!

Thanks for dropping in patsy_sg :)

@singabox:

I bought the slim divan from this shop at Blk 118 Aljunied Ave 2, behind Geylang East Polyclinic. It's the only furniture shop there, so you won't miss it. Cost $190. I *think* the base is made with wood, not spring, but I am not 100% sure.

edit: You can most likely get it from other shops too... the brand of the divan is "Maxcoil".

Edited by january

Clocks wishlist

Nothing like a Twemco flipclock for ultimate coolness.

TWEMCO-BQ170.gif

I think this is the one in Chungking Express.

bq17wh.jpg

Twemco clocks are ridiculously expensive. Maybe I'll just settle for something else instead.

Perhaps something like...

...LED wooden clock, from ultraj26's tblog.

5311284409_330780d49b.jpg

Clocks wishlist

TWEMCO-BQ170.gif

bq17wh.jpg

Twemco clocks are ridiculously expensive. Maybe I'll just settle for something else instead.

hey hey... somebody mentioned something :)

yah, i like those flip clocks too! but advisable not to put clocks in living room or at least choose a silent clock, if not acc to FS will cause a quarrelsome family.

so went for digital, and i use battery, so no exposed wires and also when left alone it will just look like a piece of wood block until being touched then it reflects the time

see your reno coming up swee swee ;)

170cm width fis indor bed eed an odd sized.

Woudn't it impose an issue on your bedsheet/ mattress/ mattress protector selection as well? :unsure:

I remembered this piece, the salesperson did a demo before.

It looks lovely with your setting, january.

3. Dining table and chairs from XZQT

5329031347_f569d0eb88_z.jpg

Everything's still plastic wrapped, because the reno has dragged on for so long and is not completed! Hopefully having all the furniture in will give the contractor a sense of urgency.

Yea, these flipclocks are really costly;

saw one at vivocity retailing for $750, the alternative is online which still costs some $450.

Clocks wishlist

TWEMCO-BQ170.gif

bq17wh.jpg