Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Dining table get!

From XZQT at ION.

Calligaris%20Furniture-02-hyper-wide-ext

It's from Calligaris, 160 cm x 90 cm and it extends up to 240cm. The one i bought is in clear glass.

There are probably cheaper dining tables around but the dimensions are perfect for the dining room.

I also love how it looks somewhat casual but can be dressed up for more formal occasions.

Need to hunt for chairs now... found some at XZQT but they cost $1400 each! Each! That is just wayyy too much to spend on dining chairs...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Need to hunt for chairs now... found some at XZQT but they cost $1400 each! Each! That is just wayyy too much to spend on dining chairs...

If you have a good working relationship with your ID, get him/her to buy the chairs on your behalf. On top of a discount, your ID should get another trade discount. It can be quite substantial.

Hehe, but this can only happen if your ID is willing not to 'earn' from you for this transaction.

:)

If you have a good working relationship with your ID, get him/her to buy the chairs on your behalf. On top of a discount, your ID should get another trade discount. It can be quite substantial.

Hehe, but this can only happen if your ID is willing not to 'earn' from you for this transaction.

:)

Thanks for the tip!

Now I need to think of how to sweet talk my ID into doing something like that for me :)

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. :)

@het: East side... not gonna reveal anymore than that at this moment.

@berry_surprise: what do you mean your bay windows used to be a dumpster?

If only the view from the dining room were like the one in the 3D... But no. The dining room actually faces our neighbour's dining room, and the distance between the two rooms is so close that you can have a normal conversation through the windows. Here's what it looks like for real.

5050869783_759cbec95c_z.jpg

Kinda blah. So yeah, that window is probably gonna be covered most of the time... should the mirror still be there?

Oh, I can't use a single piece cuz it wouldn't be able to fit into the lift... and no I'm not crazy enough to ask a crane to lift it up there!

oh... no wonder you have reservation over whether to put mirrors or not....

frankly, if i were your neighbour, i will feel really weird to see my own reflection from a neighbour's mirror... haha :P

Edited by marshmallow

This one look nice, but to maintain it, will it be tough? i was thinking to do the same

I wouldn't advice a something like that if you have kids... they would probably leave their fingerprints all over the place.

But for an adult only household I think it wouldn't be too difficult to maintain; unless it's in a high traffic area where you would expect people to touch the mirror.

what about putting the mirror on the wall with the TV now... and a series of suspended shelves on that wall instead?

The thing about mirrors is, I don't actually like them that much. Just that the ID kept telling us that putting a mirror there will make the space seem bigger... Shelves may not be a good idea since that area is a passageway.

Anyway.

Seems like the big mirror is not going to be there anymore.

It may be replaced by a smaller, arty-farty mirror.

@epigram: You're quite the layout ninja. :) Anyway, my downstairs neighbour (and also many other households) have already moved in!

Shall I bring everyone's attention to this bed?

5044355796_265f10580e_z.jpg

This is actually from Bika, a furniture store in Jakarta. They have really beautiful items and the workmanship is top notch.

We were initially going to ship it over to Singapore until we realised that we would have to assemble it ourselves!

Judging from my previous experience with an IKEA wardrobe, I'd rather not assemble large pieces of furniture by myself... because what if one of the parts break!

Looking for a similar styled bed in Singapore proved to be a challenge. The few that I saw were either too frilly or too raw (like John Erdos).

Actually, looking for a nice looking bed in general is a challenge. The furniture shops here all seem to sell sofas... and dining tables, and armchairs, and sofas...

(In spite of the above observation, strangely, we bought our sofa from an Indonesian furniture company. We're currently waiting on whether to get more stuff from Indo before shipping it here.)

But we finally found a bed.

11217_8294_dop_big.jpg

^what's with the 80s styling?!

Okay, the bed looks much better in real life.

Ours will have grey suede headrests and white leather (okay metal wrapped in leather) frame.

No more modern American styled room... so it's back to the drawing board.

But we finally found a bed.

11217_8294_dop_big.jpg

^what's with the 80s styling?!

Okay, the bed looks much better in real life.

Ours will have grey suede headrests and white leather (okay metal wrapped in leather) frame.

No more modern American styled room... so it's back to the drawing board.

Hi

I like this bed, mind sharing where did u find it & what's yr damage, thanks.

Thanks March and Nayugi :)

@March: Got the bed from Le Mercier's at Mohammed Sultan Rd. Let's just say that the listed price was a 5 figure sum though I got it for a more bearable price since my ID is their regular customer. Good furniture doesn't come cheap! We definitely went wayy over budget got the bed so we're gonna have to tighten our purse strings for the rest of the furniture/appliances we get.

In other news, TV console was delivered last Friday.

5070969982_264f6b699e_z.jpg

It's from Lucano (Furniture Mall). Great furniture there, and prompt delivery. I'd highly recommend. There's a bit of problem with one of the closures and some men from Lucano are coming to look at it tomorrow.

Edited by january

;)

@March: Got the bed from Le Mercier's at Mohammed Sultan Rd. Let's just say that the listed price was a 5 figure sum though I got it for a more bearable price since my ID is their regular customer. Good furniture doesn't come cheap! We definitely went wayy over budget got the bed so we're gonna have to tighten our purse strings for the rest of the furniture/appliances we get.

Wow 5 figure sum for bed, I will have sleepless night haha, anyway sweet sweet dreams to u :)

In other news, TV console was delivered last Friday.

5070969982_264f6b699e_z.jpg

It's from Lucano (Furniture Mall). Great furniture there, and prompt delivery. I'd highly recommend. There's a bit of problem with one of the closures and some men from Lucano are coming to look at it tomorrow.

5 figures? you could've got that silk rug from Voschs. :-) BTW Love the apt.

I wouldn't advice a something like that if you have kids... they would probably leave their fingerprints all over the place.

But for an adult only household I think it wouldn't be too difficult to maintain; unless it's in a high traffic area where you would expect people to touch the mirror.

The thing about mirrors is, I don't actually like them that much. Just that the ID kept telling us that putting a mirror there will make the space seem bigger... Shelves may not be a good idea since that area is a passageway.

Anyway.

Seems like the big mirror is not going to be there anymore.

It may be replaced by a smaller, arty-farty mirror.

Hi January,

Saying Hi to u ... and welcome to RT...

anyway ... big mirrors will create the classy look ...while smaller mirrors although arty-farty ... will not be as classy ... go stand for a good 30mins infront of the place that is intended for the mirrors and then imagine a big mirror and a small one.... and let ur heart do the talking... :D