Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hon

City Gas Water Heater

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all, anyone is currently using this City Gas water heater system in their HDB flats? Appreciate your input and sharing on this area.

Q1. Can this water heater support rain shower system? Not sure if the pressure and volume big enough for this.

Q2. Does the cost saving really significant? Especially it mentions that it WONT use electriticy at all. Only use gas for heating.

thank you thank you.

Hi~~ I also using the citygas water heater and hansgrohe rainshower~haha ..... but my renovation haven't done yet~ So i can't tell you how's the result:dunno:

But what i heard from the hasgrohe salesman, they actually not suggest, bec mayb at the end you can't really get the rainshower feel~ But we still insist to install the citygas water heater, bec my house is low floor and the water pressure for my house is quite big, so think for long term, then we "bok" lo~ haha..

I may start use it frm end of oct, you two rush? if not rush, after i use it, i share with you my feel again~haha

• Like 1

Hi~~ I also using the citygas water heater and hansgrohe rainshower~haha ..... but my renovation haven't done yet~ So i can't tell you how's the result:dunno:

But what i heard from the hasgrohe salesman, they actually not suggest, bec mayb at the end you can't really get the rainshower feel~ But we still insist to install the citygas water heater, bec my house is low floor and the water pressure for my house is quite big, so think for long term, then we "bok" lo~ haha..

I may start use it frm end of oct, you two rush? if not rush, after i use it, i share with you my feel again~haha

I am living at low floor too...lol...but will only collect my key probably mid dec...

I am living at low floor too...lol...but will only collect my key probably mid dec...

Oh~~~haha..... Then still have time~~ After my 1st rain shower, i ll tell you is take bath in rain or pee ya~~haha...

me too. will only get my key in mid dec. hhaha.. kumi will be our test rat. i am staying in 3rd floor. hopefully like what u guys mentioned, the water pressure is big enough for rain shower. kekeke.

Hi all, anyone is currently using this City Gas water heater system in their HDB flats? Appreciate your input and sharing on this area.

Q1. Can this water heater support rain shower system? Not sure if the pressure and volume big enough for this.

Q2. Does the cost saving really significant? Especially it mentions that it WONT use electriticy at all. Only use gas for heating.

thank you thank you.

hi there.. :)

have it installed in my hse, no rain shower though... feedback from my friend who lives on the 2nd floor with rain shower, its good!

Q2. Yes, its powered by gas only need a D size battery as well. its said to be more cost saving as gas is more efficient in heating up water. But u have to wait like 5 to 10 secs before u feel the warm water. I doubt anyone will really know if it is cost saving...we can only select based on official figures published.

The heater, in my feel, is a tad too strong. I am using the 2nd lowest slot for "hot-ness" and it is already pretty warm.

There are other costs involved in the city gas heater:

- installation

- switching on gas pipe

- run new pipes

- cost of mixers (cannot simply use taps without mixer function)

Cons:

- Piping all over (heater usually installed in service yard or kitchen) But can be minimised by painting

- heater cannot be concealed as it needs ventiliation, pipes can be concealed.

- no one knows how lasting it is, my friend's unit is 4 years old and still working...

Pro:

- said to be cost saving

- no need to install 2 instant heaters for 2 bathrooms

- no need for huge storage heater

hi there.. :)

have it installed in my hse, no rain shower though... feedback from my friend who lives on the 2nd floor with rain shower, its good!

Q2. Yes, its powered by gas only need a D size battery as well. its said to be more cost saving as gas is more efficient in heating up water. But u have to wait like 5 to 10 secs before u feel the warm water. I doubt anyone will really know if it is cost saving...we can only select based on official figures published.

The heater, in my feel, is a tad too strong. I am using the 2nd lowest slot for "hot-ness" and it is already pretty warm.

There are other costs involved in the city gas heater:

- installation

- switching on gas pipe

- run new pipes

- cost of mixers (cannot simply use taps without mixer function)

Cons:

- Piping all over (heater usually installed in service yard or kitchen) But can be minimised by painting

- heater cannot be concealed as it needs ventiliation, pipes can be concealed.

- no one knows how lasting it is, my friend's unit is 4 years old and still working...

Pro:

- said to be cost saving

- no need to install 2 instant heaters for 2 bathrooms

- no need for huge storage heater

also take note if the cheaper mixers are used, they will be hot to touch.... esp when eyes full of soap and using your hands to feel for the tap. :D :D better (more exp) mixers will have thermal insulation on their bodies.

thanks for the detailed explanation. think i will get it for my house.

u got also used the city gas dryer? it costs abt $700.

:) thought about the dryer, decided to wait and try out the bamboo stick method first.

So far weather has been cooperative, either sat or sun is sunny. haha... plus wind is big in my area, so will hold the purchase of heater.

also take note if the cheaper mixers are used, they will be hot to touch.... esp when eyes full of soap and using your hands to feel for the tap. :D :D better (more exp) mixers will have thermal insulation on their bodies.

oh, din know about that, always thought all mixers are the same! ...our mixers are non-branded, average priced ones. So far, din feel the heat. phew. :)

I feel like installing this heater, but the original hot and cold pipe provided by HDB is in the bathroom, I need to run the water pipe all the way out to service yard without concealing it, cos I cannot hack the tiles :(

and also I'm not sure the mixer will be dangerous to my aged parents or not.... I afraid they turn wrongly then will be scalded by hot water :(

any feedback?

The heater itself has a temperature control, all u need is to turn ur tap lever to the hottest side, then slowly adjust the heater temperature to ur desire hotness. So even if ur aged parents accidentally turn the tap lever to the hottest side, it will not scalded ur aged parents.

Went to 1 ID firm last nite, being advise to us for considering installing either elect heater/storage heater because city gas water heater sometimes took abt 10-15mins for it to have hot/warm water upon turning on the tap. Is it true? Because i don't get to see from citygas website stated how long does it takes to have warm/hot water after turning on the tap. Any kind soul that has installed, can hear from your feedback? Thanks.