Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eng60377

Soundproof Upvc Window Frame

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Actually, an alternative is to install block out curtains. A very good block out curtains will reduce noise and at the same time insulate against heat (room will cool down faster when you turn on the aircon).

Hi guys,

Actually double glazing is more for heat/thermal insulation. If you want good sound proofing, you should consider laminated glass. I don't know why there is a misconception that it is better for sound proofing. It does cut down sound, but that's not the most effective way, plus it is more expensive than laminated glass! Coupled with uPVC windows, it can have a STC (sound transmission class) rating of about 36 dB, which one of the highest you can achieve locally.

Just saw this thread or I would have definitely advised against double glazed for sound proofing.

Hi guys,

Actually double glazing is more for heat/thermal insulation. If you want good sound proofing, you should consider laminated glass. I don't know why there is a misconception that it is better for sound proofing. It does cut down sound, but that's not the most effective way, plus it is more expensive than laminated glass! Coupled with uPVC windows, it can have a STC (sound transmission class) rating of about 36 dB, which one of the highest you can achieve locally.

Just saw this thread or I would have definitely advised against double glazed for sound proofing.

What is laminated glass? A layer of film?