Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steelze

Sims Drive 5i

yaaa.. no charge lah! warranty 5 years leh.. now only into 2nd month.. still got 50+ trips for them to make... hahaha... LuckyKoon not so "lucky" to have a customer like me. :D

Wah!!! Then you fully utilize your 5 years warranty of every few weeks also ask them to repair something. Haha....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
is that why there are some dark patches on stainless steel? what do you use to clean? The toilet roll holder I bought got some patches, still feeling a bit lazy to clean at the moment, but maybe someday when I got mood, i might ...

btw i remembered GR Link's Benny said just use water, don't use chemicals - so which is better now?

chemical pickling is usually the surface treatment done by supplier/installer. i dun think that's something i wanna DIY cos not safe to handle if dunno how to use la... hahaha :lol:

the dark patches on your stuff developed only after some use, rite? try Cif or those magic cleaning sponge from Daiso first :P i'm using Cif now~ :)

did GR Link explain why should use water only?

chemical pickling is usually the surface treatment done by supplier/installer. i dun think that's something i wanna DIY cos not safe to handle if dunno how to use la... hahaha :lol:

the dark patches on your stuff developed only after some use, rite? try Cif or those magic cleaning sponge from Daiso first :P i'm using Cif now~ :)

did GR Link explain why should use water only?

he said some chemicals are harsh and may end up creating patches rather than shine, so best to use water and soft sponge, - more effort but wont damage the ss

he said some chemicals are harsh and may end up creating patches rather than shine, so best to use water and soft sponge, - more effort but wont damage the ss

hmmmm i dunno leh, i'm sure he won't anyhow advise but this sounds kinda weird to me.

Stainless steel is corrosion resistent, pickling of surface is done by strong acid mixture, so it's supposed to be hardy. but what he advised makes stainless steel sounds like some very delicate stuff that is easily damaged. hmmmm.....

i think his advise is more to bathroom accessories etc that is generally chrome-plated. hmmmm.

hmmmm i dunno leh, i'm sure he won't anyhow advise but this sounds kinda weird to me.

Stainless steel is corrosion resistent, pickling of surface is done by strong acid mixture, so it's supposed to be hardy. but what he advised makes stainless steel sounds like some very delicate stuff that is easily damaged. hmmmm.....

i think his advise is more to bathroom accessories etc that is generally chrome-plated. hmmmm.

Ya loh, make it sound like stainless steel very fragile. Hmmmm....

Hi all, I realised i have not really given my ID a good write-up for his good work on my reno few months back.

Here it goes:

Our 8 weeks of renovation work has finally completed.. Although the journey was a bumpy one as we have expected, we are definitely delighted with the overall work which is completed on time with reasonable standard. We can't let another day go by without thanking you sincerely for your prompt and attentive service, especially during the post renovation rectification work which we have encountered now and then.

You have always been upfront, honest and open in your advice and quotation to us, which is the key consideration to us as we chose to work with you after our first meeting. Service like yours is rare in this business these days, and we do not want our appreciation to go unstated. Therefore, thank you so much for going to such great lengths to make sure that our renovation was valued for our needs and thoughtful to our budget.

You can be certain that I will continue to patronize Summit Design Studio for all future home renovation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although we have moved in for over 8 months now, I am really glad that Eric has been very responsive to my watapps messages when i need his help at those minor post reno thnigs (i.e. wall paint touch up, door frame paint touch up, plumbing work and etc). i realised the biggest value that he has to his customer is his fantastic "after-sales" service, which many of us will realise the significance when we actually move into our new place.

2 thumbs up for Eric! :thumbs up:

Edited by steelze

yea, thanks for the advice. I have told my ID, and he said he will re-draw based on my reference photos.

<b>Windows update</b>

Yesterday i called up a few recommended sources from renotalk for changing my whole house widnows. These include UniPac, Alex from A&V (previously from Yick Hong), Mr Ong (Yick Hong, Mr Choo (Tech Guan) and TayBoonTat.

Impressed with Mr Choo and Alex pricing. Both quote me ard $14.5/sf for casement, and $12/sf for sliding. Eventually, Alex gave me a special discount (confidential) and i was more impressed with his responsiveness, professionism and experience. Will comment more about his workmanship upon the completion.

<b>Air Con</b>

After much procastination, i decided to go with Panasonic. I will be engaging Aron who is highly recommended here in renotalk. His partner, Sam came down onsite survey on last saturday, and this guy knows his stuff well. Not pushy and patient. Picing wise, he gave me the cheapest quote with fantastic installation stuffs FOC like stainless stell bracket, armaflex half inch thick insulation and G23 copper pipe.

Workmanship wise, I'll comment more about it upon completion.

pm-ed you.

hi steelze, somehow forgot what i lookinf for but bump into your blog from 1 of my google search ...

so your blog is 1 and only 1 read so far ...

can PM me ur ID ? Thanks cos i looking for quote now

hi,

can you pm me the contact for the AC man (aron)

thx

U won't go wrong with Aron. Haha. Sunday got queries he will also answer. My experience.

:thumbs up:

hi steelze, somehow forgot what i lookinf for but bump into your blog from 1 of my google search ...

so your blog is 1 and only 1 read so far ...

can PM me ur ID ? Thanks cos i looking for quote now

PM-ed you

:thumbs up:

PM-ed you

hi steelze, thanks ...

i need to clarify somemore queries :

1) your quotation missing Item G and J, and under LIVING ROOM, missing item 4 and 5, can i know what are they ?

2) u lay data point, scv pt in your room, may i know did u drill hole thru wall ?

3) after laying new SCV pt, do we need to call SCV to test ?

4) can PM me how much u do for the MBR shower rack ?

xiexie

Hi steelz,

I like the laminate flooring that you installed! I hope you can tell me more about it...

What's the brand & color code?

Is it water resistant, i.e. can water seep thru gaps?

Did you install "sound dampener"? Is there a hollow sound when you walk on it?

I like your headboard too! Was it $450?

Thanks!

Cheers.

Hi steelz,

I like the laminate flooring that you installed! I hope you can tell me more about it...

What's the brand & color code?

Is it water resistant, i.e. can water seep thru gaps?

Did you install "sound dampener"? Is there a hollow sound when you walk on it?

I like your headboard too! Was it $450?

Thanks!

Cheers.

sry for the late response.

my laminate flooring is pergo family series. the code is Chocolate. Small water puddles are fine and wont seep in. but if "ponding" types, i not too sure because it has never happen before. hahaha...

no, i didnt install any sound dampener. i did notice the work laid a piece of white foam sheet on the floor before laying the laminates on top. so far no hollow sound. i think these r minor things which you will overlook and become "invisible" when you move in and stay after couple months. =)

as for the headboard, i paid $300 only. because my ID already closed my account when i wanted to add this item. so i dealed directly with carpenter who quoted me their factory price. but this is one-off exception i guess, as my ID wont allow me to have his carpenter number for my own future use again. -grin-

Edited by steelze