Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steelze

Sims Drive 5i

thanks. all my bedrooms will have a LAN point. These LAN points will route back to main living room TV console and terminate at the point for my router to be at. few renotalk peers have been doing this too. such connection is more stable than wireless, and neater than wired lan cables that run across your house flooring.

SDS will refer their partner electrican, Ah soon. yes, my 3.7k is re-wiring plus these data points installation. u pay directly to ah soon, that's why SDS dun include this in their quotation. =) if u can find other electrician, i think SDS is fine with it de.

which ID u engaging? think SDS doing well lately... seen few good reviews abt their reno work. good luck to ur reno journey as well!

I engaged James. After speaking to about 6-7 IDs, I have decided on the layout of my house, but he was able to give me some even better ideas which I did not think of myself.

So your router will connect normally to internet via telephone line, and then plugged into the data point for the whole house to share? Thats kind of cool! Its like a built in router through the whole house. Thanks for the information =)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
So your router will connect normally to internet via telephone line, and then plugged into the data point for the whole house to share? Thats kind of cool! Its like a built in router through the whole house. Thanks for the information =)

yea, i learnt from neubie a lot on this area. You can refer to this post here.

ARGHZZZ my Master bathroom hot water piping to shower mixer is also LEAKING. this is maddness! :curse:

i wonder usually after 1 complete make-over reno like my house, how long will these things last? 5 years? 10 years? dunno whether reno got product life cycle one or not... if reno is only meant for short life span (e.g. 5 years), mean we need to start saving for next reno again!? :jawdrop:

Edited by steelze

ARGHZZZ my Master bathroom hot water piping to shower mixer is also LEAKING. this is maddness! :curse:

i wonder usually after 1 complete make-over reno like my house, how long will these things last? 5 years? 10 years? dunno whether reno got product life cycle one or not... if reno is only meant for short life span (e.g. 5 years), mean we need to start saving for next reno again!? :jawdrop:

don't know leh, of course we all hope for the things to last as long as possible but i also heard that every 5 years might have to do a simple reno. i don't want ot think abt that when i haven't even start my 1st reno. :bangwall:

don't know leh, of course we all hope for the things to last as long as possible but i also heard that every 5 years might have to do a simple reno. i don't want ot think abt that when i haven't even start my 1st reno. :bangwall:

my parents' place, last reno was 17 years ago and everything is still going strong.

i really wish my place will be the same............ :unsure:

mine, just moved in two weeks ago, found out that the cabinet under kitchen sink starts to see mould patches at the wood piece joint. just text the ID but no reply. sob sob

ARE YOU SERIOUS???? This is VERY BAD... I am getting worried now, and my reno have not even started... worst if ID did not answer call after reno...

Why paying money to do reno has to be so painful... and the sum is not small... :(

mine, just moved in two weeks ago, found out that the cabinet under kitchen sink starts to see mould patches at the wood piece joint. just text the ID but no reply. sob sob

isn't the reno work have guarantee of certain period?? if ID don't answer, then call the company lah.....

isn't the reno work have guarantee of certain period?? if ID don't answer, then call the company lah.....

yeaa.. contract did state 5 yrs waranty. maybe for the first 3 months, ID will still be a bit noz. imagine after 1 or 2 years u start to call him complain certains things, i doubt he will still put us on priority.

when i signed the handover certificate on last sat, my hand was trembling. i asked him 2 times that after i signed le, will he still care for me? hahhhaa.. machiam sign divorce letter with id like that. very scary..

yeaa.. contract did state 5 yrs waranty. maybe for the first 3 months, ID will still be a bit noz. imagine after 1 or 2 years u start to call him complain certains things, i doubt he will still put us on priority.

when i signed the handover certificate on last sat, my hand was trembling. i asked him 2 times that after i signed le, will he still care for me? hahhhaa.. machiam sign divorce letter with id like that. very scary..

hehehehe... like so scary leh...... i think if things doesn't break down in the initial 1 year, it might last more than 5 years liao. hehehehe....

sigh, when the full payment is made, it is hard to ask him to rectify the problem anymore. I am quite sad actually...this is my first reno experience, I shall take this as a good lesson learnt

sigh, when the full payment is made, it is hard to ask him to rectify the problem anymore. I am quite sad actually...this is my first reno experience, I shall take this as a good lesson learnt

i am also concern about this. it's really heng suay thing. if the ID cares about his reputation and long term career in this industry, he will surely serve all his customers well especially after sales. but if the ID only trying his luck in this industry, then we also L L leh.

I was supposed to pay the last payment on the handover date, but i proposed to this sat. so that i have 1 week to stay in and point out all the faults. i also dun wanna own him $$$$ over CNY. bad luck. :D

i am also concern about this. it's really heng suay thing. if the ID cares about his reputation and long term career in this industry, he will surely serve all his customers well especially after sales. but if the ID only trying his luck in this industry, then we also L L leh.

I was supposed to pay the last payment on the handover date, but i proposed to this sat. so that i have 1 week to stay in and point out all the faults. i also dun wanna own him $$$$ over CNY. bad luck. :D

hhmmm.... yes, can be quite scary..... hope you be able to make him rectify everything for you, espeically your mixer.

Plumber and painter just called me to inform that they are coming down to my place to rectify the problems.

hope most of the things can be rectified before i make my last payment on this sat.

[Vacuum Cleaner]

Oh yea, i am getting a vacuum cleaner. Any recommendation? Need a reasonable good one for daily use. Budget ard $300.