Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steelze

Sims Drive 5i

... My I'd quoted me ard $450+, but I still find it exp.

$450 sounds reasonable. My headboard cost nearly 50% more, but mine is 8 feet length x 1.2 m height, comes with metal strips. I have to customise my 2" thick headboard because not enough walking space left..

I saw Ikea selling headboards for queen size bedframe, though price is about what you are paying for.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

$450 is for what size of headboard?

I thought the headboard would be something really special at first, but apparently no. I'm going to have a nice long talk with my contractor after this whole thing is done... I think even paying $450 for something like this is being kind. Either way, he's definitely not getting $900 for that.

$450 is for what size of headboard?

I thought the headboard would be something really special at first, but apparently no. I'm going to have a nice long talk with my contractor after this whole thing is done... I think even paying $450 for something like this is being kind. Either way, he's definitely not getting $900 for that.

you should not pay even more than 200sg for something like that ,the standard it look like a school project from primary school

you should not pay even more than 200sg for something like that ,the standard it look like a school project from primary school, for 900 u can buy a real bed with design headboard

Week 8 - Final

Hand-over will be sat. This week will be final painting, touch up, final plumbing and washing. Movers will come in on sat. all fridge, tv and etc will be delivered on sat... EXCITING new beginning ahead!!

thanks. it's just a humble 5ft casement wardrobe @ $190/ft

5 ft for 3 windows only.. Strong enough to hang cloth ? Anyway $190 is really good price. My contractor quote $220 :(

Week 8 - Completion of glass work and granite top surface

rushed down during lunch to supervise the glass work and granite top installation.

Thumbs up for the glass work installation. Professional and respectful to customer's requests. And of course cheap too.

Sun Sun Glass Pte Ltd

Shower Screen (1 fixed panel; 1 swing door; 10mm; tempered; PM hinges X 2) - $400

IMG_1930.jpg

Customised mirror (120cm by 55cm) @ master bathroom - $48

Kitchen Swing glass door (PM hinges X 3; 10mm; tempered) - $428

IMG_1942.jpg

[Granite top]

Fixed up before i came down. Work is so-so. nothing impressive and nothing to complain. didn't have the "wow chio" feeling when i look at it with my kitchen cabinet laminates. probably black top doesn't go well with woody grain laminate.

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

**200111 - Photos uploaded

Edited by steelze

Realised today supposed to be my handover date. But along the way, i am already expecting this delay. ID said Friday handover. But next Thursday will come back to install the sink cabinet for master bathroom.

Tmr will be re-do laminate flooring for bedroom #2, painting touch-up, clearing debris and final plumbing work. Friday will be general washing. Sat morning will be carpentry for bedroom #2 and study room, and final electical work. Hmmm.. but he said Friday can still proceed to move in and stay. i also L L, gotta move in le. Already booked movers for sat, where all my electrical applicances will be delivered too.

Week 8 - Thursday Lunch time on-site visit

Saw the plumber team (2 Malaysians) and 1 painter working onsite today.

Plumbing work

Today I realized my id's company (SDS) actually engaged LuckyKoon Plumber for plumbing service. I wanna give credits to this 2 plumbers and my id for accommodating to my last minutes changes and few “lost” items during the plumbing work. :good:

My Grohe shower set (from Natural Cool warehouse sales) and wall mount sink (from Universal Union) for MRB didn’t come with wall brackets. ID threw these items in FOC for me. One of my sink spring-waste (big and nice one $25) was missing. I remember seeing 2 of it, as I personally placed one in each bathroom. In the end, plumber has a spare one but smaller in size. Again, ID said he will absorb the cost for this item.

Glad that I came down today as I was able to instruct the plumber exactly where i want the accessories be mounted on the bathroom and kitchen walls.

Plumber installed the MRB "spray backside" underneath the sink, not knowing that I am doing a cabinet below the mounted sink. We have to shift the already installed “spray-backside” to the other side, and he did it without any complain. Very steady Penang guy.

Too bad today plumber work still not the final one. They will have to come back next week to replace the PVC piping linking the sink to the drainage hole to stainless steel as I have paid for it. Also to install my IKEA mirror in common bathroom.

Painting work

Well, I have to say that the entire reno project, painting work and masonry work are the worst areas. The initial paint work was half hearted. Paint was not even. Some areas too thick, some too thin. Bathroom pipes with previous owner’s stickers were not removed before they painted over it. We can clearly see the sticker marks underneath those paint coats. :no:

As I told painter (Malay Malaysian) to touch here and there, he kept saying he already did the last time. WTH, if u did such a good job the last time, why am I asking you to come down again!? :curse:

As I stood one corner looking at him and the 2 other plumbers, the work rate is really a big contrast. Worse, he is doing the touch-up alone. I think he will have to work until midnight. But I doubt he will stay. I asked him to paint another coat for my bathroom PVC pipe, he said he never bring the paint down. Hard to imagine A painter who is doing painting touch-up doesn’t have the right paint with him. :dunno:

I couldn’t bare to look at him anymore and left my place. We will visit again tonight to see the touch-up progress. I cross my fingers that the painter will at least touch-up 90% of the faults. Tolong tolong. :bow:

HANDOVER! we be officially moved in tmr morning. Spent whole of yesterday to clean n move things. Even to the very last day today, last carpentry work, curtain and electrical work were rushed to completion.

Place is still a mess with boxes. But it definitely looks great!

Overall, we are very satisfied with the renovation result. We have got near to 95% of what we wanted in mind. Schedule is fantastic as we still have a week to settle down n buy some CNY goodies to invite friends n families over to 跨年. Most importantly, we finally have our own house. I can't wait to see my baby boy grows up in his bedroom.

Gotta wait a while before my Internet connection is set up. Currently updating with my iPhone, therefore no photos to share with u guys. Sorry!

As for my ID, he did eventually resolved 95% of those areas tt I highlight to him. To be fair, we are happy with his rectification effort. Next week plumber will still come down to correct some piping stuff, and carpentry will be installing the bathroom sink cabinet.

Till everything is completed, I won't write review on him first. But progressively, I will review on my electrican and other smaller contractors like curtain, windows and glass.

It has been a very tiring 8 weeks of Reno for us, especially me because my wife couldn't accompany me as she needs to take care of baby. I am glad that she trusted me to run the whole show myself, and I'm

Happy tha I didn't disappoint her! I love my family! Good night guys!

wall tiles looks clean and nice.. those "white glossy color"?

Yeaa. White glossy with very fine vertical grey lines. From halfary under the $2.80 psf section.

Yeaa. White glossy with very fine vertical grey lines. From halfary under the $2.80 psf section.

I an also choosing that for my kitchen wall tiles. Is it nice when it's done up on the wall?