Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steelze

Sims Drive 5i

from the bedroom pics, ur unit looks like 2nd or 3rd storey.... any problems with noise from car park or void deck (if got red/white events)?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
from the bedroom pics, ur unit looks like 2nd or 3rd storey.... any problems with noise from car park or void deck (if got red/white events)?

yea... we are corner unit 3rd floor. so far when i am ard during the day and night time ard 9pm, the whole neighbourhood very quiet. downstairs is carpark only. only a small road that lead from main road to my estate. i guess my estate is generally low populated area. and there is isn't any coffee shop or shops houses within 1km proximity. that explains why the workers poo and pee at my bathrooms all the time.

but i guess low floor will always have noise from those horny cats ard hdb void decks. unavoidable bah... u also low floor?

steelze, seems like you are on the finishing stage of your renovation liaoz.

heh heh. :P

Wahajaha... I already saw small patches of paint peeled off. But so far havent seen any rusting parts. Well, cheap thing cheap standard. Cant complain much. Hehe.

Couldn't agree less, the slanted walls causes quite alot of issues too. haiz

Slanted walls and ceilings are very common... it's not until you do reno that you start noticing such things. Which is why when you take measurements, always take from two or three points and note down the minute differences. My "very experienced" contractor didn't do this and ended up having to replace the marble top for the bay window. His problem, not mine.

But anyway, slanted walls and ceilings are very common...

btw, did you manage to get your WIW?

steelze, seems like you are on the finishing stage of your renovation liaoz.

heh heh. :P

Couldn't agree less, the slanted walls causes quite alot of issues too. haiz

btw, did you manage to get your WIW?

noo.. WIW still on pending list. the reno VO increased until my buffer become lesser than expected.

We met the id today for pre-final inspection and to discuss the slanted wall thingy. apparently, the room and its 3 original walls are not slanted. it's the original door frame that is slanted. however, the id should have told me abt this before any masonry work was done. at least we can consider changing the door frame for abt $100.

As the door frame is slanted, the sub-con workers used it as a reference point to lay the laminate panels. tt's why the entire room laminate flooring is not perpendicular (almost 70degree) to the the side walls. he said it's NORMAL practise that worker uses door frame as the reference point for floor laying, and not the wall itself. if client insist to change this normal practise, he will charge additional cost.

hearing this, i was freaking mad and cursing him deep in my heart. he said he will go and investigate further to see whether it's his sub-con's fault in erecting the slanted wall. of course eventually he will tell me it's normal practise and i have to accept this piece of s.h.i.t. and live with it for many years to come. this is pushing me to the limit already.

i continued to complain abt the kitchen entrance opening as well. the rubbishs, the poo /pee on my bathroom flooring, the pathetic protection sheet that covers only 30% of my kitchen, the scratches on my laminate flooring and doors. and his response was that to rectify all these will delay HO date. he knew that we are rushing for CNY, tt's why he used this to attack us.

Edited by steelze

KDK Fan A11YS Installation

Will u guys accept such installation as complete?

Masterbed Room

IMG_1802.jpg

Bedroom 2

IMG_1804.jpg

Bedroom 3

IMG_1803.jpg

Electrician said those "side-loop" gap is normal for kdk fan.... :o

KDK Fan A11YS Installation

Will u guys accept such installation as complete?

Electrician said those "side-loop" gap is normal for kdk fan.... :o

mine also have... should be ok if it doesnt wobble when u turn on speed 3.

Ohhh, but i see the lobang like **** big. Can show ur fan picture? Mine wobble a bit only. ok?

mine is similar to yours...most blades do wobble a bit. At speed 3, its extremely noisy... so the noise issue is a bigger issue than the wobbling. :)

if u want to see the pict, i have one at http://www.renotalk.com/Forum/tabid/84/af...18/Default.aspx

(Page 15).

Week 7

Completion of bedroom doors installation

IMG_1819.jpg

dunno issit my sight cock-eyed or your camera set too wide-angle, i see the wall edge slant ?

the ceiling down lights are joined with dark pencil lines? make sure they clean them up or paint them over....

Edited by neubie

think camera effect. hehee..yea, will kill them if they dun remove all pencil marking.

***After on-site measurement***

Neubie!!! u r right!! my wall is slanted!!! omg... i measure the top and bottom distance. difference of 2cm! omgz... how come so cui HDB workmanship... :o

Edited by steelze

Week 7

Today was a busy day. Completed the installation of 3 air con units, 5 bedroom doors and both bathrooms sink and WC.

Tested out my master bathroom WC:

Product Name : Crizto Yoke One Piece WC Suite

Product Model : CWC-2350-WT

Description : Dimension: 680mm X 680mm X 390mm

Type: Wash Down

S-Trap R/F In: 150 / 250mm

Material: Hard Paste

Coating: Pearl White

CWC-2350-WT(680x680x390).jpg

gotta said the water flush power not as powerful as the cheaper Baron WC for my common bathroom. any idea how to enhance the power? i dun wanna flush 2 times for a poo. waste water and $$. :~

Edited by steelze

think camera effect. hehee..yea, will kill them if they dun remove all pencil marking.

***After on-site measurement***

Neubie!!! u r right!! my wall is slanted!!! omg... i measure the top and bottom distance. difference of 2cm! omgz... how come so cui HDB workmanship... :o

Get a $5 bubble-spirit meter to see how bad is the slant....