Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steelze

Sims Drive 5i

waa... marshmallow, u always have the same answer as my id!! hahaha.. he said mine is polished glossy homo tiles. tt's why cannot use chemcial wash. only general wash for living room and bedrooms with laminate flooring.

as for the kitchen door, i will ask Mr Choo come down and measure again see if he is ok with that 5 to 7mm gap.

2 more weeks to handover. but how come i still dun feel it... my place still a big mess all over. packet drinks from last week are still lying ard. carpentry measured, but yet to install. lighting, wc, sinks all not done yet. siao liao...

hahaha same answers as your ID.....? dunno if that's a good thing or not cos pple usually don't buy ID's answers~ hahahahaha :lol:

for my own home, many things just sprung up in the final 2 weeks of renovation - from empty house to one that is completed. but hor, in order to get all done in time, your ID really must to coordinate all activities to be done chop chop without much idle time in between.... some more CNY coming liao, all contractors are busy... :unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Week 6

Window grilles done up. 2 thumbs up for Alex and team. Did a great job. My wife like the white horizontal grilles a lot. doesn't look jail feeling to us. heng... :good:

He even helped me to patch up the scratches on the WPC windows cased by the stupid ID's workers. Thanks!

Yet again, ID's promise was an empty one. Laminate flooring still left skirting undone. Last week he said he will chiong Monday and Tuesday to complete the flooring which suppose to be done in week 5. Tmr is Thursday already. Called him. He said tmr no workers. Friday will finish. :dunno:

he keeps playing such delaying games... it's so hard for me to plan my leave to visit the jobsite. tulan

told him the kitchen entrance still unresolved. he said install glass door first. gap will be rectified in later stage. steady lor.. everything push to later later... my last payment also later liao...

Week 6

Window grilles done up. 2 thumbs up for Alex and team. Did a great job. My wife like the white horizontal grilles a lot. doesn't look jail feeling to us. heng... :good:

He even helped me to patch up the scratches on the WPC windows cased by the stupid ID's workers. Thanks!

Yet again, ID's promise was an empty one. Laminate flooring still left skirting undone. Last week he said he will chiong Monday and Tuesday to complete the flooring which suppose to be done in week 5. Tmr is Thursday already. Called him. He said tmr no workers. Friday will finish. :dunno:

he keeps playing such delaying games... it's so hard for me to plan my leave to visit the jobsite. tulan

told him the kitchen entrance still unresolved. he said install glass door first. gap will be rectified in later stage. steady lor.. everything push to later later... my last payment also later liao...

give them some breathing space. they shd priortize & know what to do. no point making urself worked up about this...

Hi steelze, it is true that the glossy homogenous tiles cannot be acid washed. If you felt that the glossy homo tiles look dull because of dust or oil stain, you can ask ur ID to arrange to buffer the tiles before your carpentry up.

Edited by yumiko

thanks all for the advice. probably i am too stress over this period, and id happens to be the anger venting point for me. i'll give him some space. :jammin:

Today i found out that one of my common room wall is slanted terribly. only realised this after the laminate flooring was done. worse thing is the that the slanted wall is a newly erected wall.! id still said it's my house slant. wth... i am speechless la...

Today i found out that one of my common room wall is slanted terribly. only realised this after the laminate flooring was done. worse thing is the that the slanted wall is a newly erected wall.! id still said it's my house slant. wth... i am speechless la...

what's the reference point you use to judge that the wall is slanted?

what's the reference point you use to judge that the wall is slanted?

the laminate flooring... the last panel to the wall is not parallel. run s gradually from big to small...

Newly erected wall

IMG_1761.jpg

Opposite window wall

IMG_1760.jpg

both ends were not straight as can see from the laminate panels...

Edited by steelze

the laminate flooring... the last panel to the wall is not parallel. run s gradually from big to small...

Newly erected wall

IMG_1761.jpg

Opposite window wall

IMG_1760.jpg

both ends were not straight as can see from the laminate panels...

okie... my guess is, the HDB wall is not straight (there must be at least one or 2 main walls original from HDB right??!) so if that main wall is not straight, then your new wall will be affected. Say for example (okie i'm thinking aloud):

--------------------------- Wall A

| Wall B Wall B Wall B |

| Wall B Wall B Wall B |

| Wall B Wall B Wall B |

| Wall B Wall B Wall B | Wall C

Say, Wall A is from HDB and it's slanted, when you make new wall, you will take it perpendicular from Wall A right? So your Wall B will be slanted la... and if your Wall C is from HDB, chances are, it will be slanted too, it's really difficult to get all your laminates aligned swee swee.

just speaking from experience cos NONE of my walls are straight (in fact, they are supposed curved at R=10000, according to HDB floor plan). So all my reference points go haywire :wacko:

Edited by marshmallow

actual layout is like that:

---------------------------- Wall A (newly erected)

||...............................||

||wall b (hdb)..............||Wall C (hdb)

||-------------------------||

||__________________||

||-------------------------||

wall d (hdb)

ugly non-uniform laminate is visible along wall a and wall d.

Edited by steelze

Hdb floors n walls are never square and straight at the corners… even if ur contractor/id use a datum (reference) edge n work on. The errors are cumulative and will show up at the end of the wall/floor.

The idea is to plan how your furniture layout will be & have those slanted areas covered by furnitures. For me the first "set-off" tile from main door must be str8 & centered and work from there onwards until the slanted areas occur at the inconspicuous , making it less obvious and easier to 收口 (seal gaps).

Other than that, there's nothing much u can do liao…

Slanted walls and ceilings are very common... it's not until you do reno that you start noticing such things. Which is why when you take measurements, always take from two or three points and note down the minute differences. My "very experienced" contractor didn't do this and ended up having to replace the marble top for the bay window. His problem, not mine.

But anyway, slanted walls and ceilings are very common...

Bedroom 3

IMG_1765.jpg

Bedroom 2

IMG_1766.jpg

slanted wall resulted which id used a "set-off" adjustment piece for my laminate flooring

IMG_1773.jpg

Masterbed room

IMG_1764.jpg

Studyroom

IMG_1767.jpg