Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steelze

Sims Drive 5i

Neubie!!! u r right!! my wall is slanted!!! omg... i measure the top and bottom distance. difference of 2cm! omgz... how come so cui HDB workmanship... :o

sigh, something you gotta live with esp. if your HDB is the old one... i supposed Sims Drive should be at least 20 years old, rite?

i also never notice about their "good" workmanship until i started renovating my own home....... :wacko:

Week 7

Today was a busy day. Completed the installation of 3 air con units, 5 bedroom doors and both bathrooms sink and WC.

Tested out my master bathroom WC:

Product Name : Crizto Yoke One Piece WC Suite

Product Model : CWC-2350-WT

Description : Dimension: 680mm X 680mm X 390mm

Type: Wash Down

S-Trap R/F In: 150 / 250mm

Material: Hard Paste

Coating: Pearl White

CWC-2350-WT(680x680x390).jpg

gotta said the water flush power not as powerful as the cheaper Baron WC for my common bathroom. any idea how to enhance the power? i dun wanna flush 2 times for a poo. waste water and $$. :~

is your WC those water saving type? the more "water saving" it is, the harder to flush stuff away...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
think camera effect. hehee..yea, will kill them if they dun remove all pencil marking.

***After on-site measurement***

Neubie!!! u r right!! my wall is slanted!!! omg... i measure the top and bottom distance. difference of 2cm! omgz... how come so cui HDB workmanship... :o

actually most hdb walls and floors aren't straight/level. but 2cm is quite a lot...

but HDB u know....always choose the cheapest quotation, what to do...? :P

after a while of living in there, u might even forget that the wall is slanted... :)

think camera effect. hehee..yea, will kill them if they dun remove all pencil marking.

***After on-site measurement***

Bro, i think older hdb has quite a few prob with the wall. Bo pian lar...

I agree with some of the forumers, my colleagues told me, sometimes we get excited over new things and tend to look closely. After some time, we just let it be. Even new reno also, ppl tend to pay attention to scratches and details, after some time, dont care any more.

I noticed wall problems also in the hdb I am renting now. A few walls are like below, so you can notice weird things.

\\

||

||

||

ok guys, i accepted my fate for the slanted walls. id rectified my kitchen entrance finally! meaning i can get my glass door asap!!! everywhere is stopping production of tempered glass due to cny. hopefully i can still slot in as a last order.

i decided to purchase 2 bi-fold doors and a sliding shower screen (acrylic; 1 fixed 2 sliding panels) from Alex (the contractor for my windows and grilles). Initially wanted to ask Mr Choo (Teck Guan) to do because of his low pricing, but decided to let Alex do the job because of his after sales service bah.

carpentry starting tomorrow. next wednesday HO date. time race is on.

ok guys, i accepted my fate for the slanted walls. id rectified my kitchen entrance finally! meaning i can get my glass door asap!!! everywhere is stopping production of tempered glass due to cny. hopefully i can still slot in as a last order.

i decided to purchase 2 bi-fold doors and a sliding shower screen (acrylic; 1 fixed 2 sliding panels) from Alex (the contractor for my windows and grilles). Initially wanted to ask Mr Choo (Teck Guan) to do because of his low pricing, but decided to let Alex do the job because of his after sales service bah.

carpentry starting tomorrow. next wednesday HO date. time race is on.

my windows also done by him. must agree that their after-sales service is good :good:

my windows also done by him. must agree that their after-sales service is good :good:

Yeap. Last week i told him tt my id workers scratched my masterbed room windows. He immediately patch them up for me next day.

Btw, alex told me bi-fold got different types.

1. Bottom track;

2. Top track; and

3. Top & btm tracks.

Waaa, didnt know abt this. Anyone did the top & btm track one? Steady or not? Hehehe. I guess typical id firms tt quote $220 to $250 is those cheap btm track one right?

My electrician told me he has lobang to do opennet installation by third party. Shorter waiting time but same pricing. Hmmmm, advisable? If the device spoil in future, dunno if i can ask opennet ppl to repair or not. Geez

My electrician told me he has lobang to do opennet installation by third party. Shorter waiting time but same pricing. Hmmmm, advisable? If the device spoil in future, dunno if i can ask opennet ppl to repair or not. Geez

better not. physical installation of opennet is just one part of the process. thereafter they will do backend testing on their side based on their records provided by their official installer.

if so happens that your installation is not officially done by their appointed subcon, they will not do the backend testing and commissioning for u... and there may be subsequent complications thereafter....

Yeap. Last week i told him tt my id workers scratched my masterbed room windows. He immediately patch them up for me next day.

Btw, alex told me bi-fold got different types.

1. Bottom track;

2. Top track; and

3. Top & btm tracks.

Waaa, didnt know abt this. Anyone did the top & btm track one? Steady or not? Hehehe. I guess typical id firms tt quote $220 to $250 is those cheap btm track one right?

i thought the typical one is top and bottom track (which is the $250 one you talking about)?

i am using top track only ones (cos bottom track difficult to clean la :P). close to $300 per door i think.

Ohhh got it. He is actually doing the top track (with ball roller system) for me, but modify another bottom track to it. So tt it will be more durable n lasting! 

better not. physical installation of opennet is just one part of the process. thereafter they will do backend testing on their side based on their records provided by their official installer.

if so happens that your installation is not officially done by their appointed subcon, they will not do the backend testing and commissioning for u... and there may be subsequent complications thereafter....

Yeap, was worried abt this too. Unless third party is half price la, maybe still can consider.

How fast can rsp like m1 get the optic fibre installed? U guys using optic fiber plan already? Is it really worth all the hassle to get it?

Yeap, was worried abt this too. Unless third party is half price la, maybe still can consider.

How fast can rsp like m1 get the optic fibre installed? U guys using optic fiber plan already? Is it really worth all the hassle to get it?

Even if the third party give free I oso dare not allow them cos of the reasons stated earlier.

Gotta get this correct. Opennet does the physical installation of the TP n running of optic cables into ur hse. Rsp like m1/Starhub/Singtel only does the installation of ONT n RG nia. Upon commissioning, u subscribe to any Rsp, then wait up to two weeks before the Rsp sent their appointed vendor (eg Nucleus Connect) to come ur hse install the ONT n RG.

I called opennet n they said my backend testing is in progress now n shd be receiving notification telling me I can subscribe to the fiber services liao... :D

Edited by neubie

Even if the third party give free I oso dare not allow them cos of the reasons stated earlier.

Gotta get this correct. Opennet does the physical installation of the TP n running of optic cables into ur hse. Rsp like m1/Starhub/Singtel only does the installation of ONT n RG nia. Upon commissioning, u subscribe to any Rsp, then wait up to two weeks before the Rsp sent their appointed vendor (eg Nucleus Connect) to come ur hse install the ONT n RG.

I called opennet n they said my backend testing is in progress now n shd be receiving notification telling me I can subscribe to the fiber services liao... :D

congrats! pls feedback on it when u start using it soon ah!

think i will go thru the proper channel. hehe.. third party is scary...

Week 7 - Carpentry

Morning visit of carpentry 1st day

Ah Soon (electrician) and carpenter discussing on the feature T5 lighting position and etc.

IMG_1825.jpg

Cabinets, wardrobes and other wood flooded the entire corridor till lift lobby. even my neighbour windows and door were not spared. heng they not at home.

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

carpenter started off with kitchen cabinets

IMG_1826.jpg

Week 7 - Carpentry

We made a 2nd visit in the late evening. woooooooooo~ all kitchen cabinets, feature wall, tv console and wardrobes were installed 80%! what a big transformation to our house finally!

Living room feature wall cum tv console

IMG_1851.jpg

Kitchen cabinet (left side) - sink area

IMG_1858.jpg

Dish rack

IMG_1859.jpg

Kitchen cabinet (right side) - stove area

IMG_1856.jpg

Tall cabinet for oven and microwave

IMG_1855.jpg

Niceeeeeeee.... Called my id and praised him for the good progress. Hope he can keep it up till handover date next Wednesday.

Edited by steelze