Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steelze

Sims Drive 5i

thanks for the much needed advice! i noted that ExcelHW also selling pole system for WIW. Emailed them my requirement, but havent rec their reply. Any opinion on it, neubie?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ikea daily special

This comes a bit late. Wanna share with u guys that Ikea has this daily special promotion going on. My wishlist:

19-Dec-10

STAVE mirror @ $25

10172779.jpg

W70xL70cm. Black-brown.

(UP: $39)

23-Dec-10

FÄRGRIK 18-piece service set @ $25

10131656.jpg

Stoneware. Comprises: Plate Ø27cm, side plate Ø21cm and bowl Ø16,H7cm, 6 of each.

(UP: $42/set)

24-Dec-10

DRAGON 24-piece @ $19 (BEST DEAL!!!)

70177665.jpg

cutlery set

Stainless steel.

Comprises: Fork, knife,

spoon and teaspoon,

6 of each.

(UP: $45/set)

All above are limited to 2 pcs per customer only. CHIONG AHHHHHH~

Edited by steelze

Shopping List for Ikea

Browsing thru Ikea online catalog... shortlisted a few items for my house

BENNO TV bench with panel - $229

For my masterbed room. Cheaper substitute over the costly carpentry for feature wall and TV console

80168284.jpg

120x40x134 cm white

LOCK ceiling lamp - $3.90 **BOUGHT** (CHEAP)

For my storeroom. Cannot find any cheaper lighting than this already.

00055691_250.jpg

white

LILLHOLMEN ceiling/wall lamp - $16.90 **BOUGHT**

For both of my bathrooms. Like the lightbulb shaped design. Will add some classic feel to my bathrooms. woohoo~

70077468_250.jpg

white

FINNGRUND shower curtain - $15

Cheaper alternative for my common bathroom which doesnt have showerscreen or fixed glass panel.

20174886.jpg

180x200 cm multicolour

LILLHOLMEN toilet roll holder - $15

For both bathrooms. Cheap stainless steel holder that serve the objective well.

30074179_250.jpg

To be continued... ...

Ikea daily special

This comes a bit late. Wanna share with u guys that Ikea has this daily special promotion going on. My wishlist:

All above are limited to 2 pcs per customer only. CHIONG AHHHHHH~

Bro, the bowls and plate only white ones on promotion. But quality is not bad, i bought a bowl there before, feels solid. :)

im also aiming for it...

not so sure about the forks n knifes, some ikea forks and knife really light weight (no feel)...

i like the stave mirror too, but apparantly, i already have too many mirrors! For cutlery, can try Sia Huat at Temple street (Chinatown), some of their tea cups and pots are really nice.

STOLMEN - $300+

For my WIW @ masterbed room.

stolmen--sections-white__0110248_PE26676

2 sections

Height adjustable from 82 5/8-129 7/8", which allows you to utilize the entire ceiling height.

Will be comparing with other pole system quotes as well. but ikea seems to be the cheapest, but quality wise... hmmmm... not so confident. :(

Bro, the bowls and plate only white ones on promotion. But quality is not bad, i bought a bowl there before, feels solid. :)

im also aiming for it...

not so sure about the forks n knifes, some ikea forks and knife really light weight (no feel)...

i like the stave mirror too, but apparantly, i already have too many mirrors! For cutlery, can try Sia Huat at Temple street (Chinatown), some of their tea cups and pots are really nice.

ohh.. yea.. only white ones... the DRAGON utensils not bad. my wife and i went down last month to QC the qaulity. compared to the cheapest one, these DRAGON set have smooth edges for the stainless steel. so, hopefully wont eat dinner halfway blood start pouring out... haha :bleah:

ur mirrors all from ikea? or u custom made them? I probably need a custom made mirror for my master bathroom. got cheap lobang? probably 60cm by 100cm in size.

ohh.. yea.. only white ones... the DRAGON utensils not bad. my wife and i went down last month to QC the qaulity. compared to the cheapest one, these DRAGON set have smooth edges for the stainless steel. so, hopefully wont eat dinner halfway blood start pouring out... haha :bleah:

ur mirrors all from ikea? or u custom made them? I probably need a custom made mirror for my master bathroom. got cheap lobang? probably 60cm by 100cm in size.

only MBR toilet mirror not from ikea... :)

custom make mirror, ID should have lobangs, if not can try your carpenters.

from my asking around 2 shops, the real good mirrors can cost 2 to 3 times more expensive than ikea ones, with wood backing and some effects at the sides. Hence, did not consider custom ones.... and i ended up getting a good discount for ikea mirrors at the "as-is" section.

only MBR toilet mirror not from ikea... :)

custom make mirror, ID should have lobangs, if not can try your carpenters.

from my asking around 2 shops, the real good mirrors can cost 2 to 3 times more expensive than ikea ones, with wood backing and some effects at the sides. Hence, did not consider custom ones.... and i ended up getting a good discount for ikea mirrors at the "as-is" section.

hehehehe... so typical you... always kio liulians around AS-IS section. Must learn more from you in this aspect.

goshh... since the reno started, i practically cannot concentrate in my work. mind keep thinking abt reno stuff... please faster end this period... torturing!

LILLHOLMEN toilet roll holder - $15

For both bathrooms. Cheap stainless steel holder that serve the objective well.

30074179_250.jpg

if your toilet is located far away from the shower area, then is ok to use this type of shelter-less holder, as water will not wet onto them.... :rolleyes:

yea... that toilet paper holder will be at a dry areain the bathroom. =)

ID just told me that for hot water point, i need to pay additional $90 for each point. I am doing for 2 shower mixers for both bathrooms, and a sink mixer for the master bathroom.

Total 3 = $270!!! Is this considered hidden costs!?!? He said quote only run cold water piping point. :bangwall: $90 for one hotwater point!? Isnt this too much? Very buay song now!

Edited by steelze

refer back to ur signed contract. does it say anything about running hot water points? if no then i would say this is overlooked by urself and addtional work constitutes variation order liao....

noo.. quote never mention anything abt water points. i browsed thru all my other quotes from various ID /contractors, none of them will quote for hot water point. is it some kind of strategies these guys are playing???

noo.. quote never mention anything abt water points. i browsed thru all my other quotes from various ID /contractors, none of them will quote for hot water point. is it some kind of strategies these guys are playing???

then boh pian lor, gotta pay for it lor, else no hot water.... :(

then boh pian lor, gotta pay for it lor, else no hot water.... :(

Yalor... bo bian... :bangwall:

I looked at your quote below:

PLUMBING WORKS

To supply labour to install 01 nos. of toilet bowl

To supply labour to install 01 nos. of washing basin with connect with mixer

To supply labour to install 01 nos. of instant heater

To supply labour to connect sink and mixer tap

To supply & change existing pipe to stainless steel pipe for whole unit

Which part of your item refers to the hotwater point? Or you also top up separately like me? :dunno:

Yalor... bo bian... :bangwall:

I looked at your quote below:

PLUMBING WORKS

To supply labour to install 01 nos. of toilet bowl

To supply labour to install 01 nos. of washing basin with connect with mixer

To supply labour to install 01 nos. of instant heater

To supply labour to connect sink and mixer tap

To supply & change existing pipe to stainless steel pipe for whole unit

Which part of your item refers to the hotwater point? Or you also top up separately like me? :dunno:

i'm using cold water pipes nia, so no ugly surprises there....