Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reglxt

Our Cosy Little House

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi reglxt,

Thanks for your reply. MAy I ask, whats make you advise that if we buy, best is to get those with key? What is the current problem that you are facing with the system without key feature?

Thanks Lala

i was saying i got my current set from overseas. mine is biometric and PW access only.. everything will wear and tear gradually right? if lock set is down, i seriously dont have any contact to repair the lock here.. even if i contact the local rep they might not entertain me because i didnt get it from SG..

lastly the locksmith which i randomly found online told me, if i am locked outside the house, he will charge me $200 to remove the whole lock before i can enter the house..

just my opinion only, if you really want to buy from overseas better to buy with keys cos if anything goes wrong at least you still can open the door and fix the lock later on right?

Edited by reglxt

very nice! can also consider to build leather settee on the bay window :)

i wanted to have leather settee initially but my contractor was against the idea cos he said leather will crack gradually if exposed to sunlight over a period of time & not practical .. ends up doing black granite top for bay window :(

do you mean the curtains?

looks good

not sure how it'll change if night curtains are added

LOL ..yes was referring to the day curtains..

my house is really bright and hot (too many glass windows).. if dont have black out curtains will be like kenna scorched to death that kind of heat :P :P

Edited by reglxt

can PM me on the KDK ventilation fan cost & invincible grille too? thanks

hi details

my contractor supplied the fan + installation so i dont know the actual cost of fan itself

reglxt, if you're doing curtains, get your curtain guy to sew the curtains a bit longer, if not there will be a gap between the window and the bay and you will get sunlight streaming in. Only discovered this when I saw my neighbour's curtains... so I better warn u first.

reglxt, if you're doing curtains, get your curtain guy to sew the curtains a bit longer, if not there will be a gap between the window and the bay and you will get sunlight streaming in. Only discovered this when I saw my neighbour's curtains... so I better warn u first.

ok thanks alot :D

what are you planning to do with your bay window?

My bay windows? Nothing loh. Other than putting up the marble we're just gonna leave it. KIV for future use.

haha .. tot would be nice to have day curtain.. then you can also sit down on the bay window read books

sigh you all reached home oredi? So shiok.. me still working sigh :bangwall:

Edited by reglxt

i was saying i got my current set from overseas. mine is biometric and PW access only.. everything will wear and tear gradually right? if lock set is down, i seriously dont have any contact to repair the lock here.. even if i contact the local rep they might not entertain me because i didnt get it from SG..

lastly the locksmith which i randomly found online told me, if i am locked outside the house, he will charge me $200 to remove the whole lock before i can enter the house..

just my opinion only, if you really want to buy from overseas better to buy with keys cos if anything goes wrong at least you still can open the door and fix the lock later on right?

Hi Reglxt,

Thank you for your input. If thats the case, I will change to a Yale YDM4109 that comes with a key and waranty by the local agent.

haha .. tot would be nice to have day curtain.. then you can also sit down on the bay window read books

sigh you all reached home oredi? So shiok.. me still working sigh :bangwall:

Oh you mean window treatment. I thought u just meant the concrete bit.

I'm gonna have horizontal PVC blinds, good for light control!

Anyway, day curtains are really good. They filter the incoming light and it gives the space this airy glow... highly recommended.

Hi guys need your opinion.. what do you think is nice for bay window windows? full length day n night curtains or just long enough to cover the windows ?

my plan is to do just nice to cover windows...

hey csing

yes you are right got the frame from ikea

think its malm series

they have brown black, white and birch color

less than $500

Yeah. I was at Ikea (Tampines) and was looking at this series for my bed frame too. it looks simple enough. not too sure if it's sturdy and durable or not.

wanted something with a low headboard, as my study table will be behind the bed; don't want head board to be too high and block my view of the tv, when sitting at the table. :P

alternatively, i'm also considering just getting whatever bedframe that is accompanying the mattress I'm getting. likely to get Sealy.

btw, I don't think Ikea has king-sized bed frame hor? Might downgrade "King" to "Queen"; coz MBR's going to look a little squeezy.

LOL ..yes was referring to the day curtains..

my house is really bright and hot (too many glass windows).. if dont have black out curtains will be like kenna scorched to death that kind of heat :P :P

LOL... too many glass windows and bay windows also complain. hahaha... i want also don't have ah. My windows for the dining facing the common corridor, and only got balcony door for the living room. If only can have bay windows for MBR. :P

At least, got too many windows, you still got options to get blinds/curtains. If no windows, want to have more windows, also cannot build into existing facade. :(

on a side-note, I heard from some forum that HDB uses a lot of windows (esp full-length windows and bay windows) in some of the newer flats, not because of better design, lighting and ventilation. It's really because they wanted to cut down the use of concrete and was exploring the use of alternative materials and designs. That's why some of the parapet walls along the corridor have lots of slits too. They say, it's to improve ventilation and natural lighting; but now we know it's to reduce use of concrete. Apparently, the thickness of some non-supporting walls were also reduced from 15cm to 10cm.

This is at least true, for the newer flats in Sengkang (from what I heard from the speaker).

This might be old news to many, but I just found it intriguing, coz I thought HDB architects have improved their design including bay windows and stuffs, but this is just the secondary reason.

And yeah, just went back to read your earlier posts. Your unit really has very nice view!! envy! :good:

Yeah. I was at Ikea (Tampines) and was looking at this series for my bed frame too. it looks simple enough. not too sure if it's sturdy and durable or not.

wanted something with a low headboard, as my study table will be behind the bed; don't want head board to be too high and block my view of the tv, when sitting at the table. :P

alternatively, i'm also considering just getting whatever bedframe that is accompanying the mattress I'm getting. likely to get Sealy.btw, I don't think Ikea has king-sized bed frame hor? Might downgrade "King" to "Queen"; coz MBR's going to look a little squeezy.

reglxt: i think ikea used to sell king-sized Malm bedframe.. not too sure now.. if u are planning to convert 1 room into wiw.. Think should be able to use king sized bed right? :unsure:

http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/sho...t/145533/cat/39

LOL... too many glass windows and bay windows also complain. hahaha... i want also don't have ah. My windows for the dining facing the common corridor, and only got balcony door for the living room. If only can have bay windows for MBR. :P

At least, got too many windows, you still got options to get blinds/curtains. If no windows, want to have more windows, also cannot build into existing facade. :(

on a side-note, I heard from some forum that HDB uses a lot of windows (esp full-length windows and bay windows) in some of the newer flats, not because of better design, lighting and ventilation. It's really because they wanted to cut down the use of concrete and was exploring the use of alternative materials and designs. That's why some of the parapet walls along the corridor have lots of slits too. They say, it's to improve ventilation and natural lighting; but now we know it's to reduce use of concrete. Apparently, the thickness of some non-supporting walls were also reduced from 15cm to 10cm.

This is at least true, for the newer flats in Sengkang (from what I heard from the speaker).

This might be old news to many, but I just found it intriguing, coz I thought HDB architects have improved their design including bay windows and stuffs, but this is just the secondary reason.

reglxt : not complaining :P.. but my house really is very small 85sqm leh.if my house is as big as yours, i dont really mind having a bay window :P and my unit is slightly west facing ..without the film, its really hot and humid near sunset

And yeah, just went back to read your earlier posts. Your unit really has very nice view!! envy! :good:

thanks alot :)

Edited by reglxt