Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
axx

Stainless Steel Kitchen Top

Hi there, wanna enquire if there's anyone who's able to share with me more about stainless steel kitchen top. My husband and myself are very keen to install in our HDB kitchen. Are they anyone who's able to recommend contractors which have the experiences and charge reasonable price for me please? Appreciate it..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
any reason u wan to install kitchen top? cause it is not so common nowsaday, as the common is granite and solid top

Hi Muffin,

Oh! Bec we love the appearance! It's hygienic as well as easy to maintain. It has it's disadvantages too.. Finger prints and scratches. But we can accept it.

We referred to one of the kitchen set at Parkmall and another kitchen showroom down the road. It looks terrific! We just want to have it in our HDB. But it's very expensive there. We are trying our best to approach as many contractors as we can. We got laughed by our friends, commenting our kitchen will look like hawker stall! But we explained that it's going to be stainless steel top with wooden cabinet below. We gotta be careful when we choose the grade and material of the stainless steel to be installed in our future kitchen. Preferably matte surface.

Hi Muffin,

Oh! Bec we love the appearance! It's hygienic as well as easy to maintain. It has it's disadvantages too.. Finger prints and scratches. But we can accept it.

We referred to one of the kitchen set at Parkmall and another kitchen showroom down the road. It looks terrific! We just want to have it in our HDB. But it's very expensive there. We are trying our best to approach as many contractors as we can. We got laughed by our friends, commenting our kitchen will look like hawker stall! But we explained that it's going to be stainless steel top with wooden cabinet below. We gotta be careful when we choose the grade and material of the stainless steel to be installed in our future kitchen. Preferably matte surface.

mine is stainless steel top done by carpenter.

no finger print issue - mine is matte. Scratches and watermarks are always there though. U can always put 3M polish to make it look as though its new. :)

U been to the Song-Cho? Super chio and ex!

but to have the stainless steel top, u gotta ensure that you do not clutter your kitchen top, if not it would defeat the purpose of stainless steel top.

U can check out curryqueen's t-blog as well, hers is also stainless steel.

mine is stainless steel top done by carpenter.

no finger print issue - mine is matte. Scratches and watermarks are always there though. U can always put 3M polish to make it look as though its new. :)

U been to the Song-Cho? Super chio and ex!

but to have the stainless steel top, u gotta ensure that you do not clutter your kitchen top, if not it would defeat the purpose of stainless steel top.

U can check out curryqueen's t-blog as well, hers is also stainless steel.

sounds attracting! We really wish to have matte stainless steel kitchen top! Was it ex to have stainless steel kitchen top done by carpenter? we are just concern about workmanship and reliability issues. So far, have you experience water went into the cabinets? That's what I've got comment fr friends. Likewise, all hawkers are full stainless steel set :)

sounds attracting! We really wish to have matte stainless steel kitchen top! Was it ex to have stainless steel kitchen top done by carpenter? we are just concern about workmanship and reliability issues. So far, have you experience water went into the cabinets? That's what I've got comment fr friends. Likewise, all hawkers are full stainless steel set :)

the so called "stainless steel work top" is actually wrapping a stainless steel sheet over wood, i think it different from commercial kind, which is all stainless steel and shorter in length. Carpenter dealt with wood only, so had to source for s/s from his frens. Price is ok, cheaper than contractor price. :P

becos of the s/s worktop, we cannot do undermount of sink. So as long as the sink and hob is properly siliconed, water will not go into cabinets. As kiasu people, we painted oil base paint on the exposed wood before mounting the sink and hob for extra protection.

by water, i mean water marks. After washing plates, have to quickly wipe dry the top. If not it will leave a water stain there. However, it can be polished off, depending on how dilligent you are.

All in all, we are happy with the top, my wife's dream come true. Extra effort (5mins) by me to polish the top never fail to bring a smile to wife's face. So yes, do go ahead if you really like the look of it. :)

I used to have a stainless steel top dining table. Ya, those type that is a stainless steel wrap over wood type. Bought it from Picket and Rail. I love it very much, you know that school tuckshop kind of table. So nostalgia right? But my husband hate it, because it is very difficult to maintain, at least to him. He cannot stand the marks left over by the water after cleaning. The table looks patchy all the time. But, I like it, so I don't mind. So if you like it, just do it :)

the so called "stainless steel work top" is actually wrapping a stainless steel sheet over wood, i think it different from commercial kind, which is all stainless steel and shorter in length. Carpenter dealt with wood only, so had to source for s/s from his frens. Price is ok, cheaper than contractor price. :P

becos of the s/s worktop, we cannot do undermount of sink. So as long as the sink and hob is properly siliconed, water will not go into cabinets. As kiasu people, we painted oil base paint on the exposed wood before mounting the sink and hob for extra protection.

by water, i mean water marks. After washing plates, have to quickly wipe dry the top. If not it will leave a water stain there. However, it can be polished off, depending on how dilligent you are.

All in all, we are happy with the top, my wife's dream come true. Extra effort (5mins) by me to polish the top never fail to bring a smile to wife's face. So yes, do go ahead if you really like the look of it. :)

thank you so much for all the infos and shared your experiences and pictures. we have been sourcing stainless steel companies to quote us. they offered to come on site to view the kitchen area to get a better idea of the space and quote according. hopefully able to get a reasonable price. one of our potential contractor mentioned, it'll cost few hundreds psf! omg.. sounds ex.. but we'll try to source more contractors before we commit. we'll stay on with our 'dream kitchen'.

cheers!

It will look nice like hotel kitchen but just need to be diligent cos the water mark will look really bad if not clean regularly.

hi there.. thanks for your advised. yeah, i do agree. stainless steel kitchen top looks very nice! i've been flipping kitchen magazines and all the stainless steel kitchen top never fails to attract me! most friends commented that it'll look like hawker stalls kitchen but we told them that we'll not choose shiny surface, matte look is great!

I used to have a stainless steel top dining table. Ya, those type that is a stainless steel wrap over wood type. Bought it from Picket and Rail. I love it very much, you know that school tuckshop kind of table. So nostalgia right? But my husband hate it, because it is very difficult to maintain, at least to him. He cannot stand the marks left over by the water after cleaning. The table looks patchy all the time. But, I like it, so I don't mind. So if you like it, just do it :)

wow.. have not really seen a stainless steel dining table yet. so daring.. any of your guests commented? so far. my husband and myself really like the stainless steel kitchen top. we both like to cook. i am more in chinese cooking and he's in western. but i suppose i m the one doing the cleaning most of the time. but i don mind anyway. as long as he likes my cooking :)

thanks a lot! thank you for sharing and encouragements.

cheers!

thank you so much for all the infos and shared your experiences and pictures. we have been sourcing stainless steel companies to quote us. they offered to come on site to view the kitchen area to get a better idea of the space and quote according. hopefully able to get a reasonable price. one of our potential contractor mentioned, it'll cost few hundreds psf! omg.. sounds ex.. but we'll try to source more contractors before we commit. we'll stay on with our 'dream kitchen'.

cheers!

woah...a few hundred psf...? thats really expensive...

i got a quote once, around $167 per foot run just for the stainless steel top. It comes with an in built sink as well, so everything is one piece, would be soo soo chio. But in the end i opt for another carpenter who is much cheaper but he does not know how to mould the sink as he is doing mainly woodwork. So in the end, he help me cut a hole and i had to get a seperate sink.

do let me know if u need my carpenter's contact. :)

woah...a few hundred psf...? thats really expensive...

i got a quote once, around $167 per foot run just for the stainless steel top. It comes with an in built sink as well, so everything is one piece, would be soo soo chio. But in the end i opt for another carpenter who is much cheaper but he does not know how to mould the sink as he is doing mainly woodwork. So in the end, he help me cut a hole and i had to get a seperate sink.

do let me know if u need my carpenter's contact. :)

hi there, thank you for offering your contacts. we preferred a one piece stainless steel top with an in build sink. the quote that they offered, around $167 per foot sounds much cheaper then my contractor! he even told us that they will not be able to do for us the one piece stainless steel top.. we gotta buy our own sink.

will you be able to retrieve the contacts for me please?

thanks again..

hi , i have considered stainless steel top but ended up going solid surface because i m afraid that the joint lines may not look so good after they wrap it around the wood.

gimz63251073, could u share a picture of the corner where they weld it together? thanks

Edited by funnyloh