Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Tango81

Vanity Cabinets In Toilet....would It Decay Fast?

Hi all, vanity in the bathroom is ok, have a solid, marble or granite top, wooden cabinet below is fine too, except that it must be fully laminated, and have the edges where all the right angles meet, sealed with clear silicon or painted, but remember to open the ventilation windows after showers, if bathroom too small and with small ventilation windows, try to install a exhaust fan to keep the bathroom as dry as possible, also do not leave the bathroom door open, because you are transferring the warm moisture into your bedroom, which would cause possible mold infections.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i also firmly believe wood & water/moisture dont go together.

i rather not take the risk with laminated, solid or whatever kind of wood no matter how good the workmanship is said to be UNLESS a 10 year warranty is given for that particular piece of furniture/fitting.

its glass, metal and cement for me in the bathroom.

My apartment bathrooms come with built in vanity cabinets. After 7 years still in decent condition. I think it's important to have good ventilation. Of course washing the toilet army style is not recommended ie using a hose to spray water everywhere.