Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yumiko

The Elements Of Home

Hi yumiko,

Nice design... though you might want to consider putting something on the glass panel to make it more visible?

yeah, thanks for reminding...I am thinking of putting the decorative film on the glass panel or some simple spray paint art :paint:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
IMHO, not really practical to put the glass partition, as it doesnt appear to serve any practical purpose at all.... restricts movement between fridge and sink....and potentially more cleaning....my 2 cents...

Oh, the glass partition is built to prevent oil fumes and smell from the wet kitchen to dry or to the living room. Initially there is a glass door to enclose the wet area. but at last the glass door is taken out for easy access between wet/dry. we will install air curtain if oil fume or smell goes to living room. lets see how later when I 'open stove', hehe....

hi yumiko, ur id very generous leh. can give u 2 kitchen drawings for seletion. u have confirmed with him on the colour choice for the laminates, tiles and painting before he gave u these drawings?

mine is pretty last minute. i got my drawing even before i can choose my laminates. worse still, cabinets also drew wrong one. no chimney candraw got chimney. got top cabinet can become no top cabinet. toilet drawing nothing to say. doesn't look like my toilet at all... hahah.. machiam from other projects then he gave to me to pacify me.

but then my reno quote is so low liao, i paisay to ask my id to redraw 3 or 4 times for me to play with different colours. because his id firm outsource their drawing to freelance. L L

hi yumiko, ur id very generous leh. can give u 2 kitchen drawings for seletion. u have confirmed with him on the colour choice for the laminates, tiles and painting before he gave u these drawings?

mine is pretty last minute. i got my drawing even before i can choose my laminates. worse still, cabinets also drew wrong one. no chimney candraw got chimney. got top cabinet can become no top cabinet. toilet drawing nothing to say. doesn't look like my toilet at all... hahah.. machiam from other projects then he gave to me to pacify me.

but then my reno quote is so low liao, i paisay to ask my id to redraw 3 or 4 times for me to play with different colours. because his id firm outsource their drawing to freelance. L L

yeah consider v generous..my ID gave me the 3D after commencement of reno work...the colors n furniture also not actual but based on his idea...anyway agar agar can liao...most imp is the actual and final layout is what u wan...3D is just to showcase to yr frens n family...LOL... :P

erm…at first it doesn’t come with 3D drawing, everything is just by TALKING and hand drew on the house wall. I can’t visualize the proposal of different basin location and the low wall cum glass partition; and I force him to give me the 3D drawing, at least for kitchen and living room. As you can see, there is no 3D drawing for other places else like bedrooms and toilet; not even the master bedroom too. And the 2 kitchen layout 3D drawing that he provided, he keeps telling us that each of the drawing is costing him 150 bucks. Indeed he is generous ya, since he has provided 4, right?

actually my kitchen drawings were wrongly drawn also. My flooring is supposed to be grey, with chimney hood, but it is not shown and the colour is not matching as well.

and, I am not hacking the kitchen floor tiles, living and dining floor tiles as well. They still look new to me, the resale I got is just 6 years old. The whole unit (living/dining/bedroom) are those (60x60)mm homogenous tiles. Also, there were no kitchen wall tiles laid at the place with cabinet. The total damage is about the same as yours!!! See, what to say? Just pray hard that it doesn’t exceed our budget too much. If not, I will eat cracker provided by my company for lunch for the coming years.

yeah consider v generous..my ID gave me the 3D after commencement of reno work...the colors n furniture also not actual but based on his idea...anyway agar agar can liao...most imp is the actual and final layout is what u wan...3D is just to showcase to yr frens n family...LOL... :P

Actually I am not asking the 3D for color matching. I cant imagine both proposed idea without looking at the 3D. Once the concrete low wall is built, there is no way to regret anymore.

Before looking at the 3D, we opt for option 1 actually, where the basin is at the centre. My mum cannot visualise it when I explained to her about how the layout is until I showed her the 3D. Since she is the one who works in the kitchen most of the time, I really appreciate her comment the most. At last, we chose option 2.

how's ur progress there? mine finished plastering yesterday. but living room floor tiles and skirting still undone. next monday is electrical work and air con work. dunno if the workers can finish by then or not...

anyway, where is ur 5-room located at? the unit looks new. surely younger than my 20 years old unit.

how's ur progress there? mine finished plastering yesterday. but living room floor tiles and skirting still undone. next monday is electrical work and air con work. dunno if the workers can finish by then or not...

anyway, where is ur 5-room located at? the unit looks new. surely younger than my 20 years old unit.

hi steelze, thank you for dropping by. For the past 2 days, only electrical work been carried out, so there is nothing juicy to share. The electrical work still cannot finish after 2 days, they will continue on this Saturday. Next Monday will run the aircon piping. I am taking system 4, with half inch insulation. the trunking is super giant and running all over the bedrooms. so ugly...imagine after years, the trunking turn yellowish... :(

the unit is at jurong west, stone throw away to pioneer mrt. its new, 6 years old unit. the new 5 room is so small, only 110sqm.

IMHO, not really practical to put the glass partition, as it doesnt appear to serve any practical purpose at all.... restricts movement between fridge and sink....and potentially more cleaning....my 2 cents...

agree that the glass panel seems to be blocking movement. Why don't you just install a glass door at the entrance of the kitchen to keep out the smell when cooking?

Hi Yumiko

you have a very long kitchen - envy!

Nice colour combination - and I do agree with newbie. imo glass panel will only work to "block out" oil and fume is it is totally closed, ie with a door. Perhaps a panel can only minimise.

Another point to consider - is it ok to place fridge and oven side by side? Not 100% sure about this, but personally I will have this arrangement only if there is a limitation of space, like our new flat, ... but no offence hor, this is jmo

Hi Yumiko

you have a very long kitchen - envy!

Nice colour combination - and I do agree with newbie. imo glass panel will only work to "block out" oil and fume is it is totally closed, ie with a door. Perhaps a panel can only minimise.

Another point to consider - is it ok to place fridge and oven side by side? Not 100% sure about this, but personally I will have this arrangement only if there is a limitation of space, like our new flat, ... but no offence hor, this is jmo

hi froggy, thank you for your enlightening comment. sure no offence la!!

I did not update my blog for long, didnt know that I received some comments from fellow forumers.

yaya, a panel can only minimise the fume. The reason why we dont install glass door at kitchen entrance because I must need a fixed panel (glass) together with the glass door. If you see my floor plan, on the left, the bomb shelter door opening, on the right, the common toilet entrance. No way I can install the track and slide open and hide behind the wall.

I dont like the fixed panel to narrow the kitchen entrance after listening to the fengshui master advice. So, I decided it to be in this way.

hi froggy, thank you for your enlightening comment. sure no offence la!!

I did not update my blog for long, didnt know that I received some comments from fellow forumers.

yaya, a panel can only minimise the fume. The reason why we dont install glass door at kitchen entrance because I must need a fixed panel (glass) together with the glass door. If you see my floor plan, on the left, the bomb shelter door opening, on the right, the common toilet entrance. No way I can install the track and slide open and hide behind the wall.

I dont like the fixed panel to narrow the kitchen entrance after listening to the fengshui master advice. So, I decided it to be in this way.

Can I ask which ID did you use and what was your reno cost? Am looking around now to reno my place.

Thanks!

Can I ask which ID did you use and what was your reno cost? Am looking around now to reno my place.

Thanks!

Roy Tan from IR Design.

The reno cost is not finalized yet. We change some design when the reno is on-going. So, I still do not know the final damage. I will PM you later.