Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ladymuse

Buyers And Property Agent Never Honour Agreement

fully agreement. because of their issue with the agent then the seller got to vacate the house before the 2nd appt is really too much. u r lucky in the sense that at least money can still solve the issue. do try to work it out. regarding deducting your agent commission.you have to talk to him personally. let him know what you are facing. if he agree, he has to re-issue you the invoice for the agent commission. if not. therat has post the cea url. do approach them if you feel that you are mis-lead by the agent.

I think the buyer didn't ask TS to vacate the house before 2nd appt. The buyer don't want to keep on their agreement for letting TS to stay another 1 mth after 2nd appointment.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

"Gentlemen agreement" is non-existence these days....

Personally i would advice to vacate and do temp lodging & storage. Pay the commission, then follow your heart in whether to pursue. I've gone the route of writing in to CEA and lodge the complaint. Agent has turned around and reply the complaint that we were un-reasonable Buyers. Claiming things that he has done but actually didn't and the best part all the "facts" he claims were captured on CCTV footage that he was not present. Loads of Bull-**** and the agency actually didn't even bother to call us to check.

In 1st place, the so-called "agreement" gets no recognition in eye of singapore law = you 100% sure loss. No point pursuit further, let go and plan for accomendation after 2nd appointment.

2nd, you are not responsible to pay half of buyer's comm to his agent. Buyer utter nonsense, tell him straight, this is singapore, not china!

3rd, comm agreement signed meaning must pay, when? Full on 2nd appointment date, no more no less.

These buyers really too much! They tell us now that they are backing out their agreement because they are not happy with their agent. This honestly is between them and their agent and does not involve us. So now what they want is for us to pay half of their agents commission for them because they don't feel like paying their agent. Very unreasonable and no integrity! Anyway regarding my agents commission i have signed a contract stating i will give him 1.5% com, if i withold his commission because of all these problems untill he settle and keep up to his word is it ok or no matter what i have to pay him?

Before you get too upset and think that you are on the loosing end of the deal. Let just look at the deal objectively.

First question to ask...how much will you lose if you do what the buyer wants ?

1. rental - $3k

2. commission ??

3. others ?

How much lower in cov did you give them ? what is the "cost" of items that you promised to leave to them?

Could you have gotten another better buyer if not them ? What were your other genuine offer?

Maybe to the buyer and your agent feels that they had paid too mch for your flat in the first place, that's why they become nasty to you. Buyer , thus, think that his agent is not acting for them.

Thus, instead of getting too angry.. maybe you shld think if actually you are getting better of the deal and it is better off that you agree with the buyer and let the deal go through.

Edited by Jgal

have u tried talking to buyer to sort it out ? bypass the **** agent.

i smell that its something to do with agent, maybe after talking to buyers you can understand the

picture better. at the same time, tell them how you feel and why you need a month.

and BOTH of you lodge a complaint against the said agent.

have u tried talking to buyer to sort it out ? bypass the **** agent.

i smell that its something to do with agent, maybe after talking to buyers you can understand the

picture better. at the same time, tell them how you feel and why you need a month.

and BOTH of you lodge a complaint against the said agent.

I also concur that it could be the agent doing the mischief. I've my fair share of hic-cups and now the agents turned around to bite us back. Lucky thing is i've all the evidence of the "claims" that the agent has since replied to CEA.