Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hermione

My Reno @ Bendemeer

Hi,

i stay in blk 38A. Jia Lat my renov not start yet and it has been dili dali for 2 months doing nothing. Now waiting for ID for quotation and worse due to CNY, most likely can only start work later.

One question do you overlay all wall and floor tiles for your master and common bathroom. I don't like oroginal master bathroom green colour. It looks ugly. If i'm not wrong, we can't hack the wall and floor tile in master and common bathroom?

hihi! ur my neighbour! :)

ya, this season they are super bz, sure dilly dally one. mine was supposed to be done early jan, but i think now will be only done nix wk, prob last wk of jan then can completely handover. even my aircon also that week then can install. but as long as its before CNY can liao. i just wanna be home!

i overlay my tiles. u cant hack those tiles, ya quite off lah the tiles... just overlay, cheaper for us also. hacking is extra cost...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ya... back to square one... too headache... i can research all day and still its the same conclusion, both sides also pros and cons. some people say its ok, some people say nope. i think i'll leave it up to my husband to decide lah. either way i'll try to hide it. should not be too bad. my friend concealed her storage tank in a cabinet in the kitchen, i think its nice... those of you with resale should do that. i think if it's really obviously exposed then will be v ugly... actually funny hor, how come these foreign manufacturers dun design nicer heaters... something that maybe looks like a cabinet or something futuristic and cool... maybe those europeans dun mind... after all their houses can be 100-200 years old... ours is only max 40 yrs old...

i'm not having rainshower... dunno how to appreciate rain shower... hahaha... but i know everyone loves it. i like my shower at an angle tho :)

I do like rain shower!!! But i can live without it if its going to come with an extra cost. Just this thing only, already headache for me.

I wonder how to continue with the rest of the renovation :o Let me discuss with my designer this sat.

hihi! ur my neighbour! :)

ya, this season they are super bz, sure dilly dally one. mine was supposed to be done early jan, but i think now will be only done nix wk, prob last wk of jan then can completely handover. even my aircon also that week then can install. but as long as its before CNY can liao. i just wanna be home!

i overlay my tiles. u cant hack those tiles, ya quite off lah the tiles... just overlay, cheaper for us also. hacking is extra cost...

Now i know renovation is **** expensive. I'm planning to take up home renovation loan. Do you overlay common and master bathroom wall and floor tiles? or only master bathroom?

Now i know renovation is **** expensive. I'm planning to take up home renovation loan. Do you overlay common and master bathroom wall and floor tiles? or only master bathroom?

i overlayed both... but it really depends on you lar... if you are looking at saving money then got to really decide what is impt i guess... i gave up overlaying the kitchen... but i did plaster over the walls...

i overlayed both... but it really depends on you lar... if you are looking at saving money then got to really decide what is impt i guess... i gave up overlaying the kitchen... but i did plaster over the walls...

You might wanna consider overlaying the kitchen floor tiles..

the tiles get dirty easily as they are white...

i overlayed the kitchen flooring maybe will consider acrylic sheets to cover up the wall in future

i overlayed the kitchen flooring maybe will consider acrylic sheets to cover up the wall in future

oh ya i went to my neighbor's house the other day

saw the 92sqm layout really is very different from my 85sqm

You might wanna consider overlaying the kitchen floor tiles..

the tiles get dirty easily as they are white...

ya i agree the kitchen tiles r not good n will get dirty easily... But gotta stick to my budget for reno, so got to sacrifice that. At least my walls r plastered and the white floor tiles r not too ugly. Can live with it i guess... Just clean more lor maybe...

oh ya i went to my neighbor's house the other day

saw the 92sqm layout really is very different from my 85sqm

ya the layout is quite different... And even within diff blocks the layout is slightly diff... Hehe... I think how ppl do their layout in the end also v diff... Quite interesting...

Reg, my husband decided to go with storage tank... Thinking of getting something like yours... I supposed you haven't tried it? I'm wondering where u got it, cos we're not sure where to buy. Can buy off the rack?

ya... back to square one... too headache... i can research all day and still its the same conclusion, both sides also pros and cons. some people say its ok, some people say nope. i think i'll leave it up to my husband to decide lah. either way i'll try to hide it. should not be too bad. my friend concealed her storage tank in a cabinet in the kitchen, i think its nice... those of you with resale should do that. i think if it's really obviously exposed then will be v ugly... actually funny hor, how come these foreign manufacturers dun design nicer heaters... something that maybe looks like a cabinet or something futuristic and cool... maybe those europeans dun mind... after all their houses can be 100-200 years old... ours is only max 40 yrs old...

i'm not having rainshower... dunno how to appreciate rain shower... hahaha... but i know everyone loves it. i like my shower at an angle tho :)

have you bought your storage tank?

i thought over this a long time too

if you have not and dun mind waiting a day or two, i will try to post photos of the piping for my CityGas

Gas pipes already installed, plumber will finish up water pipes in a day or two

by the way, i have also bought rain shower set despite reading that it is not compatible with CityGas

according to Hoe Kee, it can be done as long as water pipe diameter is thick enough.. so i am taking my chances

ya the layout is quite different... And even within diff blocks the layout is slightly diff... Hehe... I think how ppl do their layout in the end also v diff... Quite interesting...

Reg, my husband decided to go with storage tank... Thinking of getting something like yours... I supposed you haven't tried it? I'm wondering where u got it, cos we're not sure where to buy. Can buy off the rack?

That's good. at least someone makes the final decision. leave to us, might not come to a conclusion. hahahaah... :D

When you going to install it?

have you bought your storage tank?

i thought over this a long time too

if you have not and dun mind waiting a day or two, i will try to post photos of the piping for my CityGas

Gas pipes already installed, plumber will finish up water pipes in a day or two

by the way, i have also bought rain shower set despite reading that it is not compatible with CityGas

according to Hoe Kee, it can be done as long as water pipe diameter is thick enough.. so i am taking my chances

Oh I definitely want to see pictures... i've been saving all these pictures of people's heaters of all sorts in sg, and i think i'm developing an obsession, lol... and yes i think rain shower can use with citygas, its common sense to me... unless ur expecting a thunderstorm, i'm sure the water flow should be "rainy" enough... haha!

That's good. at least someone makes the final decision. leave to us, might not come to a conclusion. hahahaah... :D

When you going to install it?

ya totally... i hate it when i cannot decide... i hope to do it next week. I planned it such that everything should come together on Monday/Tues! :)

heya, i got mine from Poh Joo

they are located opp lavender food court

are you getting rain shower?

http://www.pohjoo.com/contacts.html

Address :

389/391, Jalan Besar,

Singapore 209004.

(Opp. Lavender Food Square)

Tel: 6292 3388

Fax: 6299 0690

Operating hours :

Mon - Sat : 8:30 a.m - 6:00 p.m

Sun : 11:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m

ya totally... i hate it when i cannot decide... i hope to do it next week. I planned it such that everything should come together on Monday/Tues! :)

Ok, will wait for u to install then get feedback from u. :)