Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

all 3 items bought at same place... Howards Storage World!! Went to see their stainless steel rubbish bin but its not as nice as simplehuman.

Their bin can't compare with simple human. And my mrs ban me fr getting the simplehuman trashbin. Too ex she said. :(

Btw Hw much for the ladder? Need to get one too!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
HHMm.... i think all of you are correct. Horizontal makes the bathroom bigger.... never mind, now it will makes the toilet feels higher?

on the tiles: your toilet floor is 60x30 or 30x30 or 60x60? i remember you didn't want 30x30 but i dunno if that's the final conclusion~ :lol:

if toilet floor is 30x30, then i feel vertical will be nicer cos one side of the wall tile normally is 30cm... so it just aligned with the floor tile (if they can, cos HDB walls very CMI so sometimes they can't align :wacko:).

and last time my contractor said before the tiles got "vertical" type and "horizontal" type (not due to the patterns), if the tiles are the "vertical" type, then it's meant to be laid vertically :)

2) Ladder

I am not sure how often any of you have to use ladders to climb up and down. For me, i always needed a ladder to climb to do few things like change light bulbs, clean area that cannot be reached by climbing on chair or even to climb to take items from the top cabinets (even though my new flat do not have top cabinets)

Well, I would still need a ladder for cleaning. So when i went to buy my kitchen trolley, i saw this very sturdy ladder which will be good for me to do my cleaning, like my fans and fridge or changing of light bulbs.

4stepsladder.jpg

3) Towel Rack

My theme for my bedroom is resort.... been looking for a bamboo towel racks like those they have at beach resorts..... don't know where to get but thanks to marshmallow, i found it!!!

stairstowelrack.jpg

usually just pull a chair and stand on it... :lol:

wahahahahaha you're not alone, and i know why standing on chair alone is not enough~ hahahahah :P

you know what, our contractor left behind a ladder. those very tall type (at least 5 steps!) i wanted to keep it cos it's quite expensive but hubby threw it away (when i wasn't looking!) becos he didn't want to clean it! :furious:

so now we're still without any ladders and i duly ask hubby to perform all tasks that require reaching to a higher vertical distance :rolleyes:

hahahaha so my introduction of HSW makes you spent money.... :lol:

RENO DAY 5

Don't know why, these few days or rather these few weeks been really really busy for me. I have a coll that have been on and off sick for 2 months. He only comes in like once a week and sometimes even less. So, on top of taking care of my renovation, i have to look after my work as well. So tiring....

anyway, no more whining... Now, let's talk about my renovation on day 5. Bad news, HDB have yet to approve my hacking of bedroom walls. I wonder how long they going to take to approves it.... :bangwall:

But on happier note, my contractor already arrange the tiler to do up the tiles first. Have to start from the toilets, both common and master toilet. Took some photos just now which is not very clear as the flat is a bit dark....

Kitchen have screen.... this is the step before they put on tiles??

kitchenscreed1.jpg

kitchenscreed2.jpg

Only master bedroom toilet have the tiles up.... Even though i said the tiles should be horizontal, but its put as vertical. don't think going ot make a lot of different so i leave it.

MTtilinng3.jpg

I think put horizontal better. Look nicer and more spacious in my view only... :) Emobebe

That's what I am thinking... Just buy simplehuman but the price also very nice loh... :rolleyes:

Lazybum, if they give you something, what is it that you would want?? The bin? The caddy?

Without a doubt it got to be the caddy...shower time also feel shiok shiok...

hahaha.. you guys are really funny..

by the way (thick skin abit), would like to drop by lazy bum, may dream & friend 78 's house when its ready..

:D

Anytime! Welcome welcome. Maybe we start from mine or lazybum then to maydream and to yours? Can have nice meal at the restaurant near your place. Marsh, Mae and cingseu can join in too if they don't mind the distance lah...

surely it's a good idea~ would like to see all your homes! :yeah:

boon keng is not far la... if you say pasir ris, then yes it's far.... :P

Anytime! Welcome welcome. Maybe we start from mine or lazybum then to maydream and to yours? Can have nice meal at the restaurant near your place. Marsh, Mae and cingseu can join in too if they don't mind the distance lah...

I will definitely be your guest!! If sis marshy is going, I can meet her & go together.

We can discuss when they come to my place on April 10.

If you can, please join us! I will post this invite in my blog ;)

Btw, maydream, looks like your reno is progressing well...except the ah gong delay :rolleyes:

Can I kaypo n join in as well? :D

Their bin can't compare with simple human. And my mrs ban me fr getting the simplehuman trashbin. Too ex she said. :(

Btw Hw much for the ladder? Need to get one too!

Can I kaypo n join in as well? :D

you don't try to tempt me again leh.... i already trying to give up the idea of buying that nice big thrashbin by simplehuman. :(

The 4 steps ladder is $189. If you buy the 3 steps, then its only $129.

You are welcome to join as well.... but i am not sure when will be a good time... will update again here.

on the tiles: your toilet floor is 60x30 or 30x30 or 60x60? i remember you didn't want 30x30 but i dunno if that's the final conclusion~ :lol:

if toilet floor is 30x30, then i feel vertical will be nicer cos one side of the wall tile normally is 30cm... so it just aligned with the floor tile (if they can, cos HDB walls very CMI so sometimes they can't align :wacko:).

and last time my contractor said before the tiles got "vertical" type and "horizontal" type (not due to the patterns), if the tiles are the "vertical" type, then it's meant to be laid vertically :)

wahahahahaha you're not alone, and i know why standing on chair alone is not enough~ hahahahah :P

you know what, our contractor left behind a ladder. those very tall type (at least 5 steps!) i wanted to keep it cos it's quite expensive but hubby threw it away (when i wasn't looking!) becos he didn't want to clean it! :furious:

so now we're still without any ladders and i duly ask hubby to perform all tasks that require reaching to a higher vertical distance :rolleyes:

hahahaha so my introduction of HSW makes you spent money.... :lol:

Marshy, my floor tiles and floor tiles for toilet are the same size, both also 60x30. So i am not sure vertical or horizontal going to make any different. later i go see and take more photos.... if they have finish something for me to take photos... hehehehe....

Even though the ceiling for hdb is not high, but standing on chairs alone how to clean fans or change light bulbs? HEhehehe... your hubby don't want you to keep too many things... maybe your store room already super full?? haahaha....

Go buy one lah... but if don't buy also ok lah... ask him to do those tasks that need to climb since he threw away the ladder... hehehee....

don't worry, even if you don't intro HSW, i will still but all the 3 items above.... only where i would buy them. For eg, the kitchen trolley, thinking of ikea but lightly more ex.... ladder maybe will go neighbourhood shop but might not find one that is as sturdy and safe as this (there is a handle at the top so can hold even on the top step) and maybe some expensive shop for the bamboo towel rack.... so overall, going to HSW might be cheaper? hehehehe.... :P

Btw, maydream, looks like your reno is progressing well...except the ah gong delay :rolleyes:

maybe i put it as 15th May? reglxt, friends78, lazybum9 - are you ok for the RT forummers to visit your place on this day? Its a sunday! :)

Boon Keng also not that near leh... you need to take mrt to outram then change to purple line to BK.

Ya, i hope my reno will be smooth and finish on time!! that is very crucial too.... i hope ah gong will approve by today or tomorrow.

3) Towel Rack

My theme for my bedroom is resort.... been looking for a bamboo towel racks like those they have at beach resorts..... don't know where to get but thanks to marshmallow, i found it!!!

stairstowelrack.jpg

Love it! I have been looking for this too..don't mind, how much you bought?

Love it! I have been looking for this too..don't mind, how much you bought?

this cost $79.95..... i also been looking for this and i am glad i found it. :dancingqueen:

the bamboo stand very nice le!

now i tempted to go take a look too.

Realize Howards has alot of interesting storage stuffs .. :)

Ya, they have some interesting stuffs.... not as much as ikea but then some important stuff can get from there loh... go have a look lah...